Round 4 Pick 117: Josh Reynolds, WR

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
1024x1024.jpg

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/josh-reynolds?id=2558194

6'3" 194LBS

DRAFT PROJECTION
Round 3-4

NFL COMPARISON
Marvin Jones

BOTTOM LINE
Long and tall, Reynolds is a dangerous vertical threat thanks to his ball tracking and ball skills over eye-popping deep speed. Reynolds is a menace in the red-zone and can mismatch smaller cornerbacks in the air. He lacks play strength which could cause problems for him early in his career against physical corners, but his toughness, work ethic and football intelligence should overcome those concerns and help him carve out a career as a second or third receiver in the league.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
The wide receiver depth is ridiculous! This is going to be interesting

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well this will lead to a trade or somebody drafted/signed last year being cut :)

sdakotaram

Rookie
Name
sdakotaram
Speaks volumes to their thoughts on our current WR's. Many of our current WRs are going to be looking for jobs. :popcorn: A few are going to be 1 and done.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Tells you what they thought of the receivers in the current roster. Also kind of indicates to me they think there are guys like Brown and Wichman who they feel are good depth on the oline

codeman

UDFA
He's a vertical X receiver that works down the sideline and can make catches over a CB. He's Marvin Jones-ish. They needed a backup X receiver desperately so this is nice. The Rams seem really attracted to sub 7 second 3 cone times.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Also kind of indicates to me they think there are guys like Brown and Wichman who they feel are good depth on the oline

I was thinking the same earlier.

We invested considerable capital 2yrs ago. They must see more there, than at WR.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
STATS
  • 40 YARD DASH: 4.52 SEC
  • VERTICAL JUMP: 37.0 INCH
  • BROAD JUMP: 124.0 INCH
  • 3 CONE DRILL: 6.83 SEC
  • 20 YARD SHUTTLE: 4.13 SEC
  • 60 YARD SHUTTLE: 11.32 SEC

ANALYSIS
Strengths
Very long, angular frame. Outstanding high school triple jumper and high jumper will dominate combine explosion drills. Vertical threat who can open his hips and out-stride a cornerback down the field. As good as it gets as a ball tracker with a center fielder's ability to judge trajectory and distance. Stacks cornerbacks on his hip and keeps them there. Has access to a second gear when the ball is in the air. Routes feature little wasted motion. Possesses superior ball skills. Plus hand-eye coordination and holds his ground in contested catches. Can climbs way up the ladder and use his length to turn 50/50 balls into 80/20 his way. Consistent red-zone threat. Wins up-and-over, with back shoulder fades and with inside release to slant. Thin but ultra-competitive and extremely tough. Will work the middle and does not fear incoming traffic. Gets after his blocks on the perimeter and meets aggression with aggression as blocker.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
WTF was that weird-ass announcement?

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I really like this pick. In my eyes, he has more upside than Kupp. He will probably make the starting lineup by mid season even with our now deep group.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Thank SparQ!!!!!!!

finally...difference maker...

hope we grab Toth next....

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I actually love this pick. If The Rams develop him properly, he can be a very very good receiver. I'm sure McVay already has a plan for his new toys.

It's going to be a fun battle in camp.

bdfitz

UDFA
I can see Reynolds and Kupp starting with Cooper and Spruce in the slot. Not a fast lineup but quick (no punn intended). Not going to knock Tavon. He merely came here, has done some amazing things with the rock and will be the deep threat/decoy now. Fisher was an idiot to over pay him but when he wants more he'll be gone. His hands are suspect, no catch range but he has stayed healthy and I love having him on the team and on the field anytime he has the ball. Thomas may stick on ST but now please get some Oline and CB help.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
Guy looks solid lots of good things on reports never hear of him

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
WTF was that weird-ass announcement?

Are you kidding me? With all the BS announcements you come after Ferragamo....If I have to listen to fly eagles fly I'm going to regurgitate all over the place.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
I can see Reynolds and Kupp starting with Cooper and Spruce in the slot. Not a fast lineup but quick (no punn intended). Not going to knock Tavon. He merely came here, has done some amazing things with the rock and will be the deep threat/decoy now. Fisher was an idiot to over pay him but when he wants more he'll be gone. His hands are suspect, no catch range but he has stayed healthy and I love having him on the team and on the field anytime he has the ball. Thomas may stick on ST but now please get some Oline and CB help.

What about woods?

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Are you kidding me? With all the BS announcements you come after Ferragamo....If I have to listen to fly eagles fly I'm going to regurgitate all over the place.
The Fly Eagles Fly stuff is intolerable. The Ferragamo was just... weird.