Round 4 Pick 117: Josh Reynolds, WR

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Zero

Pro Bowler

Hooolllly SHIT!!!!
I watched game tape of this guy after the pick and loved what I saw
Great competitor for the ball.great catch radius.really liked the pick.
Annnd then ReddingRam posted this video and.... Oh My!
Now I am Estatic. "You pissed off? hell yea I'm pissed off. "
Love It.Hope he carries this chip his whole career a la
Steve Smith.Thanks Redding.This made my night.

If you have not watched this Video.Watch It.
View: http://www.therams.com/videos/videos/Draft-Phone-Call-WR-Josh-Reynolds/c9679a1a-1162-4fed-813f-e488bbffb53e

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
There's a common nickname that I am noticing from a lot of Texas A&M fans, in regards to Josh Reynolds.

"Mike Evans lite"

Man... that would be SWEET.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I am real good with this draft but I'm going to make myself temper my enthusiasm for a bit...I've seen too many times from guys: With so and so and so and so, they have to pick their poison, can't cover everybody...This will guy be great he will be a stud, etc...Next thing I know I look at the standings and they're 7-9...(Couldn't bring myself to include 4-12)...I really am cautiously optimistic, just don't want to set myself up for a fall again if it goes south...I've done that too many times and frankly I'm too freakin' old to keep doing it to myself...Having said all that:

GOOOOOOO RAMS !!!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am real good with this draft but I'm going to make myself temper my enthusiasm for a bit...I've seen too many times from guys: With so and so and so and so, they have to pick their poison, can't cover everybody...This will guy be great he will be a stud, etc...Next thing I know I look at the standings and they're 7-9...(Couldn't bring myself to include 4-12)...I really am cautiously optimistic, just don't want to set myself up for a fall again if it goes south...I've done that too many times and frankly I'm too freakin' old to keep doing it to myself...Having said all that:

GOOOOOOO RAMS !!!

Hype yourself up, my friend. Enjoy the moment. Nobody has ever said at the end of a terrible season, "You know I'm okay with all the losing because I didn't set myself up for a fall." ;)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hype yourself up, my friend. Enjoy the moment. Nobody has ever said at the end of a terrible season, "You know I'm okay with all the losing because I didn't set myself up for a fall." ;)

No doubt. Hope's the best part of being a fan, gotta embrace it.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
There's a common nickname that I am noticing from a lot of Texas A&M fans, in regards to Josh Reynolds.

"Mike Evans lite"

Man... that would be SWEET.
I was thinking the same thing last night. I was coming up with current player compoarisons as to who/what our new offense is going to look like and how they may be utilized. Tell me if this doesn't get you even a little excited.

Cooper Kupp - Jordy Nelson
Josh Reynolds - Mike Evans (light)
Tavon Austin - Tyreke Hill (moved all over the place, just get him in space)
Robert Woods - Pierre Garcon
Pharoh Cooper - Jameison Crowder
Gerald Everett - Jordan Reed
Tyler Higbee - Gronkowski (Light)
Todd Gurley - Old Todd Gurley/AD light
Lance Dunbar - scat back type we haven't had in quite awhile
Sam Rogers - Kyle Jusczyk

Now... all we need Goff to be is steady and improved. Andy Dalton like. The OL just needs to at least average/decent (I don't expect it to become Dallas' over night. but let's say at least as good as Saints or Bills) Combine all that with an offensive coaching staff along the lines of the Redskins/Falcons. Back that up with a Wade Phillips defense and our own John (Bones) Fassel ST's unit.

I'm feeling pretty good right now as to where we are and where we are going. It's not going to all be instant success right off the bat, but it will be an improved and improving team and by next year, we should be right where we want to be. Contenders. (y):yay::mrburnsevil:

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Hooolllly crap!!!!
I watched game tape of this guy after the pick and loved what I saw
Great competitor for the ball.great catch radius.really liked the pick.
Annnd then ReddingRam posted this video and.... Oh My!
Now I am Estatic. "You ticked off? hell yea I'm ticked off. "
Love It.Hope he carries this chip his whole career a la
Steve Smith.Thanks Redding.This made my night.

If you have not watched this Video.Watch It.
View: http://www.therams.com/videos/videos/Draft-Phone-Call-WR-Josh-Reynolds/c9679a1a-1162-4fed-813f-e488bbffb53e

Yep, after watching his reels this is the pick I'm most excited about. I'm thinking Reynolds will have the biggest longterm impact of all our picks. I think Goff is going to enjoy having a target like this.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Yep, after watching his reels this is the pick I'm most excited about. I'm thinking Reynolds will have the biggest longterm impact of all our picks. I think Goff is going to enjoy having a target like this.
Kupp as well. Both of these guys have a huge catch radius and "pluck" the ball. ..... shit .. add Woods to that. Goff's targets just improved x1000 over last year. And a sane, coherent scheme and coaching philosophy ...... crap ... I think I just wet myself ....

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just saw a highlight reel of Reynolds, and it's hard to not be excited! His hands may now suddenly be the best on the team...I swear, it seemed like he was better catching with one hand than Tavon is with two.

*calm down, tells self.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Is Cooper Kupp a lighter version of Jerry Rice?
IMG_1178.JPG

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
It looks like anybody that can catch will be given a shot. That alone should make Thomas, Cooper, Austin, K̶e̶n̶d̶r̶i̶c̶k̶s̶, Q̶u̶i̶c̶k̶ and anyone else in the team with past dropsies all very nervous.
Cooper is NOT a "ball dropper" by any measure.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
PFF Scouting Profile

Name: Josh Reynolds

School: Texas A&M

Position fit: Outside WR

Stats to know: Averaged 2.35 yards per route run last season, ninth-most among SEC receivers with at least 50 targets.

What he does best:

Deep-threat receiver. Has long strides and can break away from coverage once he gets up to full speed.
Great in-air ball tracking skills. Knows how to adjust routes to make tough catches on deep routes. Great field awareness near sidelines to stay inbounds.
Strong hands, can make tough catches in contested situations with them. Knows how to high-point balls and come down with them.
Long arms, huge catch radius. Throw it anywhere near him and he’ll put himself in a good position to make the catch.
Strong red-zone option, possibly the best end-zone fade-route threat in this draft class.
Deceptively shifty after the catch. Won’t break many tackles but can find open space and make plays.
Had a great showing in the Senior Bowl, catching a couple of deep passes and a touchdown.
Biggest concern:

Long strider, so takes time to get up to full speed. Will likely never be a great underneath receiver because he lacks quickness in and out of breaking routes.
Thin frame, can get bodied at the line of scrimmage and during routes by physical corners. Has struggled separating against strong corners at times.
Limited route runner, may only be a deep threat.
Occasionally body catches, which will result in drops or double catches, may be more of an issue in NFL with tighter coverage giving defenders an extra opportunity.
Player comparison: Jordan Matthews, Philadelphia Eagles

Reynolds has a very similar build to Matthews, and a similar style of play as well. Like Matthews, Reynolds is a long stride receiver, which makes him more effective in a deep threat role than an in-and-out breaking receiver. Both players show the ability to track deep balls and make plays in the air when needed to.

Bottom line: There’s a lot to like about Reynolds game and it makes him an intriguing prospect for the draft. He can immediately contribute as a dangerous red-zone threat, he’s that good in that area. He should be a deep-threat option for whichever team drafts him, with his strong hands and tracking ability likely to translate well to the NFL game. He’ll need to improve his route-running and ability to beat press coverage if he wants to be anything more than that. But he should be an effective second or third option early on in the NFL.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I like to think this guy being the next Randy Moss, great hands runs with long stride and has good pick up speed. Completely stoked will be our deep threat go to guy for this upcoming Goffense. So damn excited to see this team put in work!

Memphis Ram

Legend
http://www.jsonline.com/story/sport...rospects-wide-receivers-tight-ends/100718406/

8. JOSH REYNOLDS, Texas A&M (6-3, 193, 4.53, 3): Former junior-college player went on to start three years for the Aggies. “He’s a real go-up-and-get-it kind of guy,” one scout said. “Talented perimeter receiver. You look at how lean he is and you think he might not be a tough guy that wants to go inside, but he’ll do it. Great ball skills.” Finished with 164 receptions for 2,788 (17.0) and 30 TDs. “He lacks strength and doesn’t consistently separate,” a second scout said. “He’ll quit on some routes. You question his focus. Not the most sudden guy in the world. Long, linear outside guy.” From San Antonio.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I like to think this guy being the next Randy Moss, great hands runs with long stride and has good pick up speed. Completely stoked will be our deep threat go to guy for this upcoming Goffense. So damn excited to see this team put in work!

It would be nice if he could ever reach that level. Moss was a freak though. Reynolds doesnt have the same level of explosiveness to him.

RamInferno

UDFA
I'm pretty hyped about these guys too, but I can't blame anyone for being skeptical. I've been hyped every other year too. :sick:

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
We have a good mix of playmakers now! I'm excited to see who and what it all develops into

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I was thinking the same thing last night. I was coming up with current player compoarisons as to who/what our new offense is going to look like and how they may be utilized. Tell me if this doesn't get you even a little excited.

Cooper Kupp - Jordy Nelson
Josh Reynolds - Mike Evans (light)
Tavon Austin - Tyreke Hill (moved all over the place, just get him in space)
Robert Woods - Pierre Garcon
Pharoh Cooper - Jameison Crowder
Gerald Everett - Jordan Reed
Tyler Higbee - Gronkowski (Light)
Todd Gurley - Old Todd Gurley/AD light
Lance Dunbar - scat back type we haven't had in quite awhile
Sam Rogers - Kyle Jusczyk

Now... all we need Goff to be is steady and improved. Andy Dalton like. The OL just needs to at least average/decent (I don't expect it to become Dallas' over night. but let's say at least as good as Saints or Bills) Combine all that with an offensive coaching staff along the lines of the Redskins/Falcons. Back that up with a Wade Phillips defense and our own John (Bones) Fassel ST's unit.

I'm feeling pretty good right now as to where we are and where we are going. It's not going to all be instant success right off the bat, but it will be an improved and improving team and by next year, we should be right where we want to be. Contenders. (y):yay::mrburnsevil:

Don't forget about Mike Thomas. I think that he could possibly get on the field some on offense, and he's the best gunner we have. And I think that Temmarick Hemingway could also surprise.