Round 4 Pick 117: Josh Reynolds, WR

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
The chances of Reynolds being a starter are pretty slim. Slightly better for him being a starter next year. Let's not get too carried away. I am excited about the prospect of a guy like that coming in on 4WR sets this year though.

Most likely, there will be intense competition between Kupp and Cooper for the slot position with Austin and Woods being our outside receivers. Let's do hope that Everett can take that TE position and run with it though...

A55VA6

Legend
I love this pick. This guy was on my list of possible targets in the 4th. Great ball skills, another good route runner.

jap

Legend
Proof they are not relying on Tavon to be 'the guy'

I love this pick btw.

Tavon is supposed to be a premier wildcard factor. When the Horns have enough offensive weapons to really occupy the defense, you insert Tavon and have DC's start crapping in their pants and saying, "How the hell are we supposed to contain all these guys, dammit!?!"

WestCoastRam

Legend
Competition for 3WR sets will be fascinating. My guess until they phase someone out or solidify it with current starters they will mix and match.

A package for Tavon, Kupp, and Woods and a package for Reynolds, Tavon and Woods. My guess. Honestly, I don't think pass pro has shown enough to warrant even looking at 4WR sets right now nor do I think taking one of the TE's off the field will really help.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
It looks like anybody that can catch will be given a shot. That alone should make Thomas, Cooper, Austin, K̶e̶n̶d̶r̶i̶c̶k̶s̶, Q̶u̶i̶c̶k̶ and anyone else in the team with past dropsies all very nervous.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Is Josh Reynolds a smaller, healthier version of Denario Alexander ?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It looks like anybody that can catch will be given a shot. That alone should make Thomas, Cooper, Austin, K̶e̶n̶d̶r̶i̶c̶k̶s̶, Q̶u̶i̶c̶k̶ and anyone else in the team with past dropsies all very nervous.

Route running, i.e. being where you're supposed to be, will be a basic requirement. Hands too. Those two things are always evident in Jay Gruden offenses.

McVay, though, seems to put a lot of value in breaking tackles too, as part of that "explosive" connotation, judging from the offensive players he added.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was thinking the same earlier.

We invested considerable capital 2yrs ago. They must see more there, than at WR.
Both Oline and WR groups were a horror show last year. We did add Whitworth at Lt, which was a great move. But the Oline's poor play last year affected the WR's, because they had less time to run routes (Goff got hammered)...

For me it all starts on the Oline, as the common cliche' says. Sullivan isn't anything but a temporary answer to me, and so the well worn actions by yet another coaching staff since Vermeil, thinks they can guys to "coach up" up guys....CGI, I want the freaking Oline we had in the 80's, that helped Dickerson so much, Gurley is a freak that needs help to open holes..We say how happy Goff is with his new TE and WR's..I wonder how happy Gurley is since we have ignored Oline so far in the Draft?

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Is Josh Reynolds a smaller, healthier version of Denario Alexander ?
I never cared much for DA. He would always turn to face the ball when catching it. He couldn't track a ball over his shoulders. His hands were just OK. He also hand a tenancy to body catch.
At the time we had no WR's worth starting. He was the best of the worst imo.
He could have gotten better had it not been for his horrible knees, there certainly was potential, though.
Guys like Laurent Robinson and mark Clayton looked like hall of famers compared to the rest of our wr squad during those years.

I think Reynolds has far more upside.

Psycho_X

Legend
I love this pick, the type of player we've needed at WR. Also like the draft picks they are all choosing seem to be high motivated, high competition guys with good heads on their shoulders. Will be a different mindset in the receiving corps over the lackadaisical attitude we seem to have had inhabit those spots the last 5 years.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Reynolds is a baller. This is exactly what we needed. Kupp and Reynolds are great complements. Both are huge red-zone threats. Reynolds wins at the second and third level. Kupp wins at the first and second level. Both are sure-handed. Both can win in the air.

I'm pumped. We've added some awesome weapons. Reynolds also shows the ability to be a good route runner. His change of direction skills and quick-twitch athleticism are quite impressive for a 6'3" WR. I agree with the Marvin Jones comparisons. He's a major threat outside the numbers.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Reynolds is a baller. This is exactly what we needed. Kupp and Reynolds are great complements. Both are huge red-zone threats. Reynolds wins at the second and third level. Kupp wins at the first and second level. Both are sure-handed. Both can win in the air.

I'm pumped. We've added some awesome weapons. Reynolds also shows the ability to be a good route runner. His change of direction skills and quick-twitch athleticism are quite impressive for a 6'3" WR. I agree with the Marvin Jones comparisons. He's a major threat outside the numbers.
Agree with this whole post. I'm super pumped to see how these WR's pan out over camp and pre-season. We have a great mix to pick from now. My way too early guess:

Tavon
Kupp
Woods
Josh Reynolds
Cooper
Spruce

Ramification

Happy at the Coliseum again
Agree with this whole post. I'm super pumped to see how these WR's pan out over camp and pre-season. We have a great mix to pick from now. My way too early guess:

Tavon
Kupp
Woods
Josh Reynolds
Cooper
Spruce

Looks right to me.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm betting Thomas makes this team. He could stick as a core special teamer alone.