Rodger Saffold

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
I wonder if he would generate any trade interest. He is softer than cotton, unwhelming at his job, and has a big mouth to top it off...

You might get a used band aid for ol Rog. He's the embodiment of soft IMO.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

We'll see if the next hc will keep saffold on the team.

Scirca

Rookie
He came back and played, so I am assuming he passed whatever tests are administered when a player is first pulled out.

Lol this whole time I thought he was on the sideline, do you remember what quarter they brought him back in?

RedRam

Pro Bowler
I wonder if he would generate any trade interest. He is softer than cotton, unwhelming at his job, and has a big mouth to top it off...
Maybe Saffold's next gig will be pitching Charmin toilet paper...

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
I hesitate to call a NFL OL soft. But Rodger is certainly fragile.

Compared to an average person he's a monster. In the league he's shown he cannot hold up to punishment of playing OL consistently. I just never thought he was that good to begin with. I think he's a hyped workout warrior to be honest. I've just never seen a guy crumpled up on the ground looking like he's dead and then 5 minutes later you see him jogging on the sideline. I've seen enough of him , it's been 7 years and he does the same thing every year. His big thing is he can line up anywhere, but he's not very good anywhere IMO.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
...and oh BTW Rog...you did your "best" to get Goff killed today with your turnstile technique.

Pack your :poop:, shut your pie hole and :gtfo:.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Please.

If, a few months ago, Rodger expressed some concern about Case Keenum, everyone would have cheered his honesty.
He expresses a little skepticism about Goff's words, and now it's "cut his ass!"

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
I wouldn't be surprised if some of these guys blame Goff for getting Fisher fired. I think they took his comments about getting things turned around as a way of saying they haven't accomplished crap the past few years. Truth is that they haven't.

But with the egos and mentally soft players on this team, I'm sure some of them didn't like it.

Good, they can get the freak out of here. The guys who feel that way probably overlap significantly with the bums who are loafing it right now.

Goff is one of the few guys out there who has played with heart over the past few weeks. It's time to do a lot of churning of this roster. Too many guys who lack awareness, football IQ, heart, and discipline.

I wouldn't doubt there is/was some sort of divide on the team between some of the newer guys and the old Fisher guys like Saffold/Quick, etc. Maybe there was some skepticism/animosity about the young #1 pick coming in and shaking things up? The pro-Fisher guys were probably content with underachieving, collecting a check and getting by to the next week. (Just like Fisher) I look forward to cutting all the players and coaches who will go on to be career losers/underachievers and creating some sort of winning culture here for once and for all. **Fingers crossed.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Compared to an average person he's a monster. In the league he's shown he cannot hold up to punishment of playing OL consistently. I just never thought he was that good to begin with. I think he's a hyped workout warrior to be honest. I've just never seen a guy crumpled up on the ground looking like he's dead and then 5 minutes later you see him jogging on the sideline. I've seen enough of him , it's been 7 years and he does the same thing every year. His big thing is he can line up anywhere, but he's not very good anywhere IMO.

lmao :rolllaugh:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Please.

If, a few months ago, Rodger expressed some concern about Case Keenum, everyone would have cheered his honesty.
He expresses a little skepticism about Goff's words, and now it's "cut his ass!"
Nah it's cut him cause he's injury prone, not very good and paid a whole lotta money. The words on Goff just add fuel on top of the reasons to cut him.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I'd still take this guy on my roster, but not at anything near his current cap number.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Please.

This is icing on the cake. My opinion that we should cut him was formed a long time ago.

It's not the fact that he expressed concern. It's the fact that he doesn't seem to believe the team can win. That's not the sort of guy I want in my locker-room.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Nah it's cut him cause he's injury prone, not very good and paid a whole lotta money. The words on Goff just add fuel on top of the reasons to cut him.
Yeah, he gets nicked up, but he still played in 15 games this year.
He's also (probably) our best lineman, so I wouldn't cut him just yet.

That aside, I was addressing the sentiment that he should be cut simply because he made those comments.
And there were those sentiments.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
This is icing on the cake. My opinion that we should cut him was formed a long time ago.

It's not the fact that he expressed concern. It's the fact that he doesn't seem to believe the team can win. That's not the sort of guy I want in my locker-room.
When did he say he didn't think the team could win?
All he's saying (in effect) is, "Don't tell me ... show me."

Scirca

Rookie
Yeah, he gets nicked up, but he still played in 15 games this year.
He's also (probably) our best lineman, so I wouldn't cut him just yet.

That aside, I was addressing the sentiment that he should be cut simply because he made those comments.
And there were those sentiments.

I don't like him, I don't like his character, I don't like the fact that one minute he appears dead on a play and then 5 minutes later, is seen jogging around on the sideline. I don't like the fact that he appears to be smug. He's played 7 years for the rams, and yet still doesn't get "it".

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Please.

For me it doesn't have anything to do with what he said about Goff. I'm of the opinion that he, along with the rest of his teammates, have more than enough of their own :poop: to clean up before popping off about anybody else. Regardless of his mouth, it's his play that is the problem. We need better players. A lot of them. Saffold is too expensive, too fragile and not good enough to justify his roster spot IMO. If wants a back up role at back up money? Maybe...