Rodger Saffold

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
Rams OL Rodger Saffold, on Jared Goff's development: "To me, after having this season, when he told everybody that he's going to do whatever it takes to change it, let's see how these next few months go, and we'll see if he does. We'll see if he does."

Wtf man, this is one of the numerous quotes he's had this year that give me the impression he's got some kind of grudge. I mean I want to like Saffold but seeing this kind of stuff leaves a bad taste in my mouth about him. It doesn't help that he's always getting hurt.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One more reason to cut him. He's not lived up to his contract.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Rams OL Rodger Saffold, on Jared Goff's development: "To me, after having this season, when he told everybody that he's going to do whatever it takes to change it, let's see how these next few months go, and we'll see if he does. We'll see if he does."

Wtf man, this is one of the numerous quotes he's had this year that give me the impression he's got some kind of grudge. I mean I want to like Saffold but seeing this kind of stuff leaves a bad taste in my mouth about him. It doesn't help that he's always getting hurt.

Saffold will be on a different team next season anyways. No big deal.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Problem is our OL depth. Idk if we can afford to just cut starters.

You don't keep Saffold around. The man is the reason why you have OL depth.

Cut Saffold and go sign a couple legitimate starting OLs in FA.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You don't keep Saffold around. The man is the reason why you have OL depth.

Cut Saffold and go sign a couple legitimate starting OLs in FA.
And possibly save money in the process too. Can't believe how much we paid him.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life

I wonder why he would say something like this? If they cut Saffold or not it's not good for a vet still on the team to say something like this. I have this bad feeling that a lot of the offensive players don't like each other. This team is so screwed up.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Fuck Saffold! He has been part of the problem the whole time he has been on this team! And the fact that he is made out of glass ..... just FUCK HIM!

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
What i think of SafFOLD

image.jpeg

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Problem is our OL depth. Idk if we can afford to just cut starters.
He's a "starter" on what is likely the worst OL in the NFL. I don't see Saffold being part of the solution moving forward. Cut bait...

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Cut him immediately. We don't need attitudes like that on the team.

These comments are also rich coming from Saffold. I'm firmly in the group of posters unimpressed by Goff thus far.... but Goff has been put in the absolute worst situation imaginable for a rookie QB and most of that can be traced directly to the o-line. Zero protection. Zero run game. If Saffold is wondering why Goff has been underwhelming so far maybe he should look in the mirror.

EasyE

Starter

regardless what we think of Saffold, this is an interesting quote...hope this isn't the feeling of many other players...they don't seem to respect Goff on some level...(leadership?)

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
regardless what we think of Saffold, this is an interesting quote...hope this isn't the feeling of many other players...they don't seem to respect Goff on some level...(leadership?)

Goff does give off the vibe of a skinny kid who is in a bit over his head. At least to me. Maybe the players feel the same way and don't respect him for it. But I'd hope not. Goff's youth - he is a few years younger than Wentz - is all the more reason his teammates should be supporting him. Again, I'd cut Saffold for shi!t like this. He is injury prone, expensive, and has been playing poorly. If he's going to make comments like this, the decision to move on should be easy.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I wouldn't be surprised if some of these guys blame Goff for getting Fisher fired. I think they took his comments about getting things turned around as a way of saying they haven't accomplished shit the past few years. Truth is that they haven't.

But with the egos and mentally soft players on this team, I'm sure some of them didn't like it.

Good, they can get the fuck out of here. The guys who feel that way probably overlap significantly with the bums who are loafing it right now.

Goff is one of the few guys out there who has played with heart over the past few weeks. It's time to do a lot of churning of this roster. Too many guys who lack awareness, football IQ, heart, and discipline.

EasyE

Starter
Goff does give off the vibe of a skinny kid who is in a bit over his head. At least to me. Maybe the players feel the same way and don't respect him for it. But I'd hope not. Goff's youth - he is a few years younger than Wentz - is all the more reason his teammates should be supporting him. Again, I'd cut Saffold for shi!t like this. He is injury prone, expensive, and has been playing poorly. If he's going to make comments like this, the decision to move on should be easy.

as soon as I heard Goff liked to listen to Taylor Swift, I knew we were in trouble! lol

should be Metal or Rap...not Swift, yikes

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I wonder if he would generate any trade interest. He is softer than cotton, unwhelming at his job, and has a big mouth to top it off...