Re: OL Coach

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
Kromer also anonymously threw Cutler under the bus to reporters when he was coaching in Chicago. Told reporters Bears had buyers remorse for signing Cutler to such a big contract and he criticized Cutler's game managment. He later tearfully publicly apologized. How could anyone on the team trust him after that?? This guy seems to make headlines for all the wrong reasons and we're going to have him lead our offense? Please.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's a bit of a different situation. Hardy was convicted. It was overturned. He was going to be tried again, but the accuser refused to testify and then disappeared. The prosecutor wanted to move forward. He couldn't.

Now, I'm not saying that Kromer is innocent because the charges were dropped. But it's a different situation here.
The severity is totally different but the fact remains that both are absolved because the accuser didn't come forward.
I'm not saying Kromer doesn't deserve a 2nd chance (kind of a 3rd as the Chicago situation was bizarre) I just don't need that type of character on our team. I am not trying to convince you otherwise.
My biggest fear is that if Kromer likes to beat up kids, then how is McVay safe? Lol

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
I've read every post in this 4 page thread.

And I have to say that I come down with agreement on jrry32's position.

It's the objective and common sense viewpoint, imo.

None of us were there.
Charges were dropped.
People are falsely accused of things all the time.
Often it's just the best business decision to settle, even if innocent, sad to say.
Self defense vs 3 teenagers in the dark sounds at least plausible, don't you think?
A knee jerk verdict of guilty based upon a he said she said via a newspaper report just sounds wrong.

Especially after seeing how the media has disgraced itself lately.

Let the Rams sort it out and abide by their decision, either way. That makes a ton of sense to me.

Not buying the self defense bullshit. Kromer's son (who was an assistant coach with Buffalo) was also with his dad at the time of the incident and participated in the assault as well and was also arrested. Two grown men assaulting kids.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-assistant-aaron-kromer-facing-battery-charge

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I doubt very much that he hit a 15 yr old kid for simply sitting in his lounge chair. There is a high probability that there is much more to it.

I've sent company home from my house because their kids were entitled, insubordinate brats. I don't tolerate it. If you can't respect someone else's home or property than keep your kids at home.
I would never hit a kid, but I know there are kids of all ages that don't get the disapline and guidance they need.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I doubt very much that he he a 15 yr old kid for simply sitting in his lounge chair. There is a high probability that there is much more to it.
Agreed. Doesn't take much to escalate or defuse a situation.

"Hey, those are our chairs. You took them from our property."
"I don't see your name on them."

"Hey, those are our chairs. You took them from our property."
"Oh, sorry. We thought they were being thrown away. We'll put them back."

Ramfansince79

Rookie
Name
Ramsfan79
Well, if we have learned one thing this year Billy, the media can have an agenda to sway your opinion, so sometimes it's not easy to get to the truth...Unbiased reporting does not exist everyone has an agenda.
Truer words were never spoken. F 98% of the media--ruining the country.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Kromer also anonymously threw Cutler under the bus to reporters when he was coaching in Chicago. Told reporters Bears had buyers remorse for signing Cutler to such a big contract and he criticized Cutler's game managment. He later tearfully publicly apologized. How could anyone on the team trust him after that?? This guy seems to make headlines for all the wrong reasons and we're going to have him lead our offense? Please.

I am sure teams around the league aren't big fans of that, however many times when you hear a scoop on ESPN it's because some coach or front office minion blabbed, so while I would never condone it I believe that type of thing happens all the time and they just don't get caught.

The dude is clearly not a centered, mature, and positive member of society. He's got a little bit of a screw loose somewhere in that vacuum between his ears. Should that eliminate him from coaching our OL?

If I were in McVay's shoes, the leak would concern me more than the life lesson he taught those kids. I do think both were wrong, and stupid. But if the dude looked me in the eyes and told me he's onboard, and I felt he's learned something from them, that what he tells me is genuine, then I would be willing to consider him for that job. Some of my best people have mistakes, some of them big, in their past careers. If you want to be a team builder you cannot over-focus on the negatives IMO.