Re: OL Coach

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I don't know the answer to your question, but ... that will probably be the most important hire on the offensive staff. Even more so than the OC, since they will be running McVay's offense anyway.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ya just spit balling is all.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I have a feeling McVay isn't effin around. As some tweets were saying earlier today, people are gonna be surprised the quality of staff this kid puts together. I'll bet it's a strong hire.

And yeah, it has to be man. That is without a doubt a key hire on this staff now that he's got Wade on the team.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
McVey and the Rams really need to get the right guy for the OL. Whoever they hire has their work cut out for them.

Hopefully they name an OC and the rest of the staff in the next few days.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I want Mike Tice. Or Callahan is fine if we get him as OC.

I'd bet against us getting either, unfortunately. Tice and Del Rio are very good friends. The Redskins aren't going to let us take Callahan.

I'd love for us to get our hands on Aaron Kromer.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I'd bet against us getting either, unfortunately. Tice and Del Rio are very good friends. The Redskins aren't going to let us take Callahan.

Kromer is a pretty good coach from what I know. Good call.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Under McVay, Callahan was OL coach/run game designer if I've understood it correctly.

Whoever plays that role for the Rams will be key so McVay needs to get that right.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

He'd be my number 1, with Tice 2 because no way after hiring McVay and then scooping up Phillips are the Skins going to allow any other coach to leave, maybe Wes Phillips to coach with his dad, but even that would be in question.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
He's a long time and very good OL coach. Has had great success at that and iffy success beyond...

I dunno that I want him for OC, but would LOVE him for OL coach. He really revamped that OL in a big way in Buffalo.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
He'd be my number 1, with Tice 2 because no way after hiring McVay and then scooping up Phillips are the Skins going to allow any other coach to leave, maybe Wes Phillips to coach with his dad, but even that would be in question.
So far, they've only lost McVay. Wade Phillips was with Denver not Wash. If Rams made Callahan the OC, Wash probably couldn't do anything since it would be a promotion from OL coach.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
So far, they've only lost McVay. Wade Phillips was with Denver not Wash. If Rams made Callahan the OC, Wash probably couldn't do anything since it would be a promotion from OL coach.
Washington wanted Phillips though. So we technically did steal him. Also going from OLine coach to OC is not a promotion per NFL rules. It's a lateral move.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
Washington wanted Phillips though. So we technically did steal him. Also going from OLine coach to OC is not a promotion per NFL rules. It's a lateral move.
A lateral move, really? Do you have an NFL coach hierarchy list or link? Not that I don't believe you but I would like to see one.

FRO

Legend
I don't know the answer to your question, but ... that will probably be the most important hire on the offensive staff. Even more so than the OC, since they will be running McVay's offense anyway.
If they can't develop a line McVay will fail. It's crucial they hire the right guy for that job.