Re: OL Coach

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
If they couldn't develop an offensive line Lombardi would have failed. Which means, you are absolutely correct.
Yeah it doesn't matter how great your plays are if the RB is getting hit immediately or the QB has zero time to throw.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Kromer came up in the NFL as the OL Coach under Bill Callahan and Jon Gruden in Oakland. He then followed Gruden to Tampa after Callahan was fired by Oakland. After Gruden was fired by Tampa, Kromer ended up with the Saints. He left the Saints when Marc Trestman made him his OL Coach and Offensive Coordinator in Chicago. Kromer then left Chicago to go to Buffalo (who's OL was #1 in yards before contact this year in the running game) after Trestman was fired.

In New Orleans, he developed Jahri Evans and Carl Nicks into All Pros. He also developed Jermon Bushrod into a good LT, and a number of other guys into solid or quality starters. Here's a quote from his wiki:

Where he differs from Bill Callahan (one of his mentors) is that he seems to prefer to run the PBS. He's one of the top OL Coaches in the game.

Every move is considered a lateral move by the NFL except assistant coach to head coach.

EDIT: Somebody beat me to it. It's counter-intuitive, Billy, but I think they do it because teams would try to poach top assistants by making up positions for them if the NFL tried to make a hierarchy.

I don't think Sean Peyton will let Kromer go though... We can hope though. Unless you know he's available or am I missing something? Getting him would be as equal as Philips imho

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think Sean Peyton will let Kromer go though... We can hope though. Unless you know he's available or am I missing something? Getting him would be as equal as Philips imho

Kromer is available. He's not been with the Saints for a few years now.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
You're missing something. He was last w Buffalo. Either way, Kromer punched a kid in the face because he moved his beach chair. He then threatened to kill the kid's family if he told anyone. He's a scumbag.

Last edited:

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sorry boys, I gotta read all msgs before I "jump the gun" and post lol...Thx

I say the 15 year had it coming. :boxing: :rimshot::hiding::(

Lets give him a second chance. We need to continue to be bold w/ the hires

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
You're missing something. He was last w Buffalo. Either way, Kromer punched a kid in the face because he moved his beach chair. He then threatened to kill the kid's family if he told anyone. He's a scumbag.

Is that what happened? When I read the reporting, it didn't come across as bad as all that?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
The charges were later dropped. We have one side of the story there. My guess is twofold:
1. The story was a little less one-sided; and
2. Kromer settled with them civilly.

Regardless, I'll let the Rams make their own decisions on what type of man he is (because none of us know the facts). What I know is that I want his coaching ability.
Yeah, you're young. I get it though. No kids I presume. Anyway, we do know the facts. The charges were dropped because the parents of the two kids that were assaulted didn't want the kids to have to deal with going through the process. The guy punched a kid in the face and threatened to kill him if he told anyone. He was guilty and that's why the Bills suspended him. What more facts does anyone need?
Here's a follow up on the story:
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/13356229/charges-dropped-buffalo-bills-coach-aaron-kromer

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, you're young. I get it though. No kids I presume. Anyway, we do know the facts. The charges were dropped because the parents of the two kids that were assaulted didn't want the kids to have to deal with going through the process. The guy punched a kid in the face and threatened to kill him if he told anyone. He was guilty and that's why the Bills suspended him. What more facts does anyone need?
Here's a follow up on the story:
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/13356229/charges-dropped-buffalo-bills-coach-aaron-kromer

Yeah, I'm young. I guess that gives me an open mind. We don't know the facts. We know that he was arrested, we know what the victim says, and we know that the charges were dropped. The Bills suspended him for optics. I can't blame them for that.

I don't presume to know the facts or the man. I'll let the Rams make their own determination of that.

But I have a hard time buying that he came charging out there, viciously beat this kid, and then stormed back inside because they sat in his chairs. That story doesn't add up unless the guy has mental issues. It's likely that the story was far less one-sided than that.

It seems awfully odd that this man, who apparently has lost his mind in a fit of rage, only gave minor injuries to the kid. This is a 6'4" 215+ pound man who coaches NFL OLs, played OL in college, and is likely still quite strong. I have a hard time believing that the kid only suffered minor injuries if this man attacked the kid in a fit of rage.

Like I said, we don't have the facts because the case was never adjudicated. We have one side of a story. The story is much more likely somewhere more to the middle than Kromer running out there, beating an innocent kid in a fit of rage, and then walking back into his house. In fact, here's (apparently) the other side of the story:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/12/kromer-apparently-will-claim-self-defense-sort-of/

Like I said, the actual facts are probably somewhere in the middle.

His conduct isn't acceptable (no matter the actual facts). He deserved the suspension. But I'm not going to rush to judgement. If it was really as bad as you guys are claiming, the charges would not have been dropped.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
Yeah, I'm young. I guess that gives me an open mind. We don't know the facts. We know that he was arrested, we know what the victim says, and we know that the charges were dropped. The Bills suspended him for optics. I can't blame them for that.

I don't presume to know the facts or the man. I'll let the Rams make their own determination of that.

But I have a hard time buying that he came charging out there, viciously beat this kid, and then stormed back inside because they sat in his chairs. That story doesn't add up unless the guy has mental issues. It's likely that the story was far less one-sided than that.

It seems awfully odd that this man, who apparently has lost his mind in a fit of rage, only gave minor injuries to the kid. This is a 6'4" 215+ pound man who coaches NFL OLs, played OL in college, and is likely still quite strong. I have a hard time believing that the kid only suffered minor injuries if this man attacked the kid in a fit of rage.

Like I said, we don't have the facts because the case was never adjudicated. We have one side of a story. The story is much more likely somewhere more to the middle than Kromer running out there, beating an innocent kid in a fit of rage, and then walking back into his house. In fact, here's (apparently) the other side of the story:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/12/kromer-apparently-will-claim-self-defense-sort-of/

Like I said, the actual facts are probably somewhere in the middle.

His conduct isn't acceptable (no matter the actual facts). He deserved the suspension. But I'm not going to rush to judgement. If it was really as bad as you guys are claiming, the charges would not have been dropped.
Lol. If he wasn't being mentioned as a possible addition to Rams coaching staff, I'm sure your convenient take on the situation would be quite different.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
Well, if we have learned one thing this year Billy, the media can have an agenda to sway your opinion, so sometimes it's not easy to get to the truth...Unbiased reporting does not exist everyone has an agenda.
He was suspended for 6 games by the Bills for what exactly??

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Mmhmm. That's what I thought.

Most likely....He made a contribution to the 15 year old's college fund, but I hope he's gotten some help because he can flat out coach an offensive line.

Ram65

Legend
If more information that puts a much different light on the incident is available than go for it. I think there has to be another OL coaching candidate that can fit the bill.