Re: OL Coach

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lol. If he wasn't being mentioned as a possible addition to Rams coaching staff, I'm sure your convenient take on the situation would be quite different.

My take isn't convenient. The convenient take would be to accept the media reporting as a fact and join in on the rush to judgement. I've found that refusing to rush to judgement is often an inconvenient take.

As I've said many times, he's an exceptional OL Coach. I'll let the Rams worry about his character. They know the man. I don't. They can get a wealth of information on that incident. I can't. If the Rams determine his character is too problematic, I'll trust them on it. I'll stick with what I know...the football side of things.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
My take isn't convenient. The convenient take would be to accept the media reporting as a fact and join in on the rush to judgement. I've found that refusing to rush to judgement is often an inconvenient take.

As I've said many times, he's an exceptional OL Coach. I'll let the Rams worry about his character. They know the man. I don't. They can get a wealth of information on that incident. I can't. If the Rams determine his character is too problematic, I'll trust them on it. I'll stick with what I know...the football side of things.
Nahh, it's the convenient take here. No media reporting necessary, he's guilty. He paid the families off to avoid a trial and he was then suspended by his employer after they investigated the incident. You want him to coach the Rams, that's what's convenient. Blind to the circumstances.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nahh, it's the convenient take here. No media reporting necessary, he's guilty. He paid the families off to avoid a trial and he was then suspended by his employer after they investigated the incident. You want him to coach the Rams, that's what's convenient. Blind to the circumstances.

Well no, he's not guilty. The charges were dropped. And his paying off the families doesn't guarantee anything in regards to a criminal prosecution. It's still based on the discretion of the prosecutor. If the prosecutor had thought it was bad enough to warrant prosecution even after the families wrote the letter, he could have prosecuted.

As I said before, I don't have the facts. I don't know the man. I'll leave it to the Rams to figure that part out. Nothing blind about it. It's simply accepting the limitations of my own knowledge.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
Well no, he's not guilty. The charges were dropped. And his paying off the families doesn't guarantee anything in regards to a criminal prosecution. It's still based on the discretion of the prosecutor. If the prosecutor had thought it was bad enough to warrant prosecution even after the families wrote the letter, he could have prosecuted.

As I said before, I don't have the facts. I don't know the man. I'll leave it to the Rams to figure that part out. Nothing blind about it. It's simply accepting the limitations of my own knowledge.
More like slanted knowledge. Take the legal process out of it. The fact that based on their investigation, his employer suspended him for six games, tells me he's guilty and I'll leave it at that. Hope he's a great coach.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
More like slanted knowledge. Take the legal process out of it. The fact that based on their investigation, his employer suspended him for six games, tells me he's guilty and I'll leave it at that. Hope he's a great coach.

I have my opinion. You have yours. Neither are going to change. We'll see what the Rams do. Have a good evening.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Used to be you were guilty until proven innocent. What the guy was accused of doing is disgusting. We'll never know the truth because the event never went to court. If he was to be proven guilty I'd call the guy a scumbag. As it is he was never convicted so in my book he's somebody who has 2 strikes against him. I'm not a huge fan of hiring or drafting/signing people with this kind of accusation in their backgrounds but in our society you're innocent until proven guilty. The fact it never went to trial changes exactly nothing. I'd give the guy a chance to redeem himself and if something happens in the future he's gone if I was in charge.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
People make mistakes, even good people. Circumstances can turn a real nice guy into a monster, for a few seconds. We don't know the whole story. The paper never prints the clear truth because it rarely gets people interested enough to tell others that they need to get the paper and read the story, or the follow up to the story.

I know a guy who was at a party and he saw the guy who lived there slapping his girlfriend. Zach got up and stopped it and hit the guy in the process. So, that guy breaks a plate and starts slashing at Zach. Zach grabs a coffee cup and finishes the guy off with it. Nobody was killed but there was a lot of blood. I talked to a cop, that I am friends with, who happened to be on the scene. He knew that Zach worked for me and confirmed the story. The paper told a completely different story. It said Zach went with a knife, intentionally looking to hurt the guy. It said he jumped him from behind and started slashing and then ran. It made that guy look completely innocent. He had a long criminal history too.

That opened my eyes to what selling the news was really all about.

jap

Legend
People make mistakes, even good people. Circumstances can turn a real nice guy into a monster, for a few seconds. We don't know the whole story. The paper never prints the clear truth because it rarely gets people interested enough to tell others that they need to get the paper and read the story, or the follow up to the story.

I know a guy who was at a party and he saw the guy who lived there slapping his girlfriend. Zach got up and stopped it and hit the guy in the process. So, that guy breaks a plate and starts slashing at Zach. Zach grabs a coffee cup and finishes the guy off with it. Nobody was killed but there was a lot of blood. I talked to a cop, that I am friends with, who happened to be on the scene. He knew that Zach worked for me and confirmed the story. The paper told a completely different story. It said Zach went with a knife, intentionally looking to hurt the guy. It said he jumped him from behind and started slashing and then ran. It made that guy look completely innocent. He had a long criminal history too.

That opened my eyes to what selling the news was really all about.

This is called sensationalism or, in the old days, yellow journalism----deliberately distorting the facts (i.e., lying!) in an effort to increase sales of reports, magazines, newspapers, periodicals, etc. None other than the former newspaper & magazine mogul, William Randolph Hearst (grandfather of Patty Hearst), popularized this ugly strategy of massively increasing the sales of his newspapers nationally.

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
People make mistakes, even good people.

Pretty much how I see it. Dude went six months without his job, was crucified in the press, and had to pay whatever damages to the kid's family. Should we keep punishing him?

I'll add that I've been hit in the face, well, quite a few occasions and never got anything from it but a lesson learned. Worst one was by Senior class kids from the football team when I was in 8th grade. I decided after a broken nose not to talk $#!t to kids that were 3x my size, but of course nowadays I would have what, called 911 and gotten all four of them suspended?

Hire the dude. That's my take.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I cheered for Leonard Little. I lost the moral high ground on this Kromer dude a long time ago. Hope he got help. Sounds like he's got problems.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
This is called sensationalism or, in the old days, yellow journalism----deliberately distorting the facts (i.e., lying!) in an effort to increase sales of reports, magazines, newspapers, periodicals, etc. None other than the former newspaper & magazine mogul, William Randolph Hearst (grandfather of Patty Hearst), popularized this ugly strategy of massively increasing the sales of his newspapers nationally.

Yes, that is the term. I haven't heard that since one of my college English courses. In my opinion it is widely accepted as a common practice. Zach had no power to get them to change the story. I tried to help by talking to the paper and their response was that they were only reporting the accounts of the victim (the guy who was hitting his girlfriend), and it is perfectly legal. I told them to talk to a probation officer that I knew was there or the cop and they said that they are not obligated to print a retraction and it didn't matter because Zach still broke the law either way.

I stopped reading the local rag since that day.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Of course this wasn't Kromer's first "misunderstanding" either. But it is what it is.
Just because charges were dropped doesn't excuse the behavior for me. Heck the charges were dropped against Greg Hardy also

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Of course this wasn't Kromer's first "misunderstanding" either. But it is what it is.
Just because charges were dropped doesn't excuse the behavior for me. Heck the charges were dropped against Greg Hardy also

That's a bit of a different situation. Hardy was convicted. It was overturned. He was going to be tried again, but the accuser refused to testify and then disappeared. The prosecutor wanted to move forward. He couldn't.

Now, I'm not saying that Kromer is innocent because the charges were dropped. But it's a different situation here.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
The Bills bought him a "therapy dog"? One of Michael Vick's pit bulls? :shocked:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Pretty much how I see it. Dude went six months without his job, was crucified in the press, and had to pay whatever damages to the kid's family. Should we keep punishing him?

I'll add that I've been hit in the face, well, quite a few occasions and never got anything from it but a lesson learned. Worst one was by Senior class kids from the football team when I was in 8th grade. I decided after a broken nose not to talk $#!t to kids that were 3x my size, but of course nowadays I would have what, called 911 and gotten all four of them suspended?

Hire the dude. That's my take.
No, we shouldn't keep punishing him. If the story's true, then he just has a really short temper and is kind of a pussy. He never denied that he hit the kid, nor did he deny that he said he'd kill his family if he told. He only said the kids (3) were belligerent, they threatened him, and it was dark outside. I can kind of see his side of the story if it played out like he said. I've had teenagers try to act like they were badasses with me on more than one occasion, because a lot of the kids in this generation don't have respect and can hide behind the "touch me and you'll go to jail" curtain (that was actually used on me once). Fortunately, the last time that happened to me, my son was with me in the car and he got out and handled the situation (with prejudice). But yeah, I've wanted to shut a teenager's mouth before. Even came close to doing it. But I knew it was wrong and refrained (reluctantly). The ONLY mitigating factor I could see in his case is that maybe he had no idea how old these kids were. Coulda been 15, 18, 20? How do you know? But still. You're a grown man and it's a beach chair. Learn to pick your battles.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Used to be you were guilty until proven innocent. What the guy was accused of doing is disgusting. We'll never know the truth because the event never went to court. If he was to be proven guilty I'd call the guy a scumbag. As it is he was never convicted so in my book he's somebody who has 2 strikes against him. I'm not a huge fan of hiring or drafting/signing people with this kind of accusation in their backgrounds but in our society you're innocent until proven guilty. The fact it never went to trial changes exactly nothing. I'd give the guy a chance to redeem himself and if something happens in the future he's gone if I was in charge.

I'm betting that you meant this the other way around.
Other than that a good post and I agree with your thoughts here.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I believe in second chances....Punching a little kid is awful...Punching a big ass 15 year old my be necessary. Hell, some of these 15 year olds need a pistol drawn on them. I doubt he really hit him...or tried to beat him up. Should have had a belt and taught him a lesson the ole fashioned way.

I'm not holding a guys life accomplishments hostage because of one isolated incident. This is a teaching moment...We need a good OL/OC coach...Bet he has a lot to teach following this incident.

When I was 16...I got in a fight with a grown ass marine...almost beat the hell out of me and some buddies. We deserved it. Over a parking space...sheesh, talk about road rage..

Humans are violent by nature....we are still evolving to some higher level...not there yet. Give Cromer a chance...benefit of the doubt.

Not sure what Coach Boo did off the field, but the product on the field was awful....

Wonder why we don't contact LaCharles Bentley?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm betting that you meant this the other way around.
Other than that a good post and I agree with your thoughts here.
Hahaha that's what happens when you're posting after drinking 4 or 5 stouts and a glass of Makers Mark while watching a good football game :)

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I've read every post in this 4 page thread.

And I have to say that I come down with agreement on jrry32's position.

It's the objective and common sense viewpoint, imo.

None of us were there.
Charges were dropped.
People are falsely accused of things all the time.
Often it's just the best business decision to settle, even if innocent, sad to say.
Self defense vs 3 teenagers in the dark sounds at least plausible, don't you think?
A knee jerk verdict of guilty based upon a he said she said via a newspaper report just sounds wrong.

Especially after seeing how the media has disgraced itself lately.

Let the Rams sort it out and abide by their decision, either way. That makes a ton of sense to me.