Rams trying to trade Tru J.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh .. and Whitworth was far from under the radar .. only the #1 OL available in FA ;)
I was only referring to Tru has been a major focus in the media for weeks now, since the Rams franchised him
But surprises happen all the time and yeah nobody saw them coming. Like Brock Osweiler getting traded

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Fuck getting a pick next year. We need it next month. Stand firm our young buck, coach. Snead, help, if necessary, but do not take less than a 2nd rnd pick. You just offered him to be the highest paid cb for Christ's sake.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I was only referring to Tru has been a major focus in the media for weeks now, since the Rams franchised him
But surprises happen all the time and yeah nobody saw them coming. Like Brock Osweiler getting traded
I'm really surprised sometimes how well Snead keeps things under wraps when he is working a deal. It's like he has no main stream media guys even remotely close to him. I think JF was the one wh let things get out in the past ... or someone close to him.

and that Osweiler trade ... not only from out and left field but downright unbelievable. At least they admitted the original mistake of signing him in the first place

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
All very true. Tru doesn't really fit the Phillips scheme, nor does his CAP fit our team progression. TJ was a good fit in Greg William's zone, not so much in Wade's 'man'. I believe Cleveland's problem is that they don't want to give up that # 33 pick, but they'll be hard pressed to match TruJo's capabilities with a rookie gamble, at least out of the gate. I happen to think Tru is worth the 33. It's just possible the Rams have given permission for Tru's agent to negotiate a new long term contract with the Browns, so that could be holding things up also. The Rams do have enough available CAP to seek a tier 2 CB prior to the draft, but there are other needs which require attention, and if we can't unload Tru, we probably don't want to acquire a mid-level free agent when we can do better in the draft. It's a tough position for the front office to be in where a player has so much leverage.
Could be that a lot of the talk about extending Donald early is that if this Tru thing does go down to the wire before a trade actually happens, meaning draft day, being that the 1'st and most important phase of free agency doesn't leave much on the table following the draft, instead of seeking out a number of whatever players are left of the tier 2 & 3 free agents, we apply that money to Donald's extension while 2017 becomes a kind of developmental stage for the coaches & team chemistry to come together. Trading Tru does translate into additional quality free agents if it happens fairly soon, but either way we are going see big changes with our roster. jmo

We see how the Browns value there draft picks. Tru will be worth a 3rd .

The Browns are run in different style right now. I really like the direct The Rams are going !! These 2 signings are nice .Veteran leadership & lockeroom guys.
The Rams have a lot of talent & these pieces are solid. Now it is just keeping the ship moveing forward.One more WR or TE . I think The Rams are going to add a CB & center real soon.

Ram65

Legend
Minus TruJo plus 16.7 Million plus 2018 2nd rounder.

I would do it but what about a 3rd and 5th 2017?

Rams could get AD wrapped up and get players to fill some holes.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
I really hope we're talking to more organizations than just Miami.

I hope we're actively talking to Cleveland too.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Honestly, I can't see Cleveland doing this until they figure out the Garoppolo trade.

IF they do that trade, then they'll know what they have and can afford to trade for picks.

They're not going to jeopardize the potential trade by giving up what might be crucial ammo.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
Honestly, I can't see Cleveland doing this until they figure out the Garoppolo trade.

IF they do that trade, then they'll know what they have and can afford to trade for picks.

They're not going to jeopardize the potential trade by giving up what might be crucial ammo.

I hear you man... but you actually think the Jimmy G trade is still actively being pursued? New England doesn't want to trade him.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I think they'll do it if Cleveland overpays.

I would have gone after Glennon if I was them since he's a steal at $15M.

That said, they seem to be set on him and it seems Brady is gonna want to play for a few more seasons. So, if they can get a ton of high picks for a guy they might lose in a couple of years anyway, it would be worth it.

And with those high picks, they might be able to get Josh Rosen next year.

Dammit.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
This site has no tolerance for antagonistic drivel or vapid mocking. Move on...

So then... why are you here? There was nothing in his post that was deemed "inappropriate" ... just someone taking it personally and getting their feelings hurt... Seems like it was a misunderstanding on your part.

"Oh... god." ... is not an inappropriate response, yours however........

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wanted him gone, needed the cap space, didn't want to pay the roster bonus and other teams knew this. That is naturally going to drive down the return you get for trading a player.

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott
The Hayes trade was just about getting his contract off the books. He didn't fit our new scheme and every team knew that. Don't know if we could of expected much else.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Some of you act like youve never experienced the free agency period before!!!

There are STILL lots of guys out there who can help us!!!

No team gets all the guys their fans want and with Whitworth and Woods, we made two really good signings already and there will be more.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I think they'll do it if Cleveland overpays.

Exactly. The good organizations don't let anybody know what they're thinking or what they want. The line of thinking (when talking heads are trying to read the Pats mind) is: Brady's gonna play but he's old and could be injured. Letting Garapalo go and then losing Brady would be catastrophic. Therefore, JG is not on the block.

Except, with the Patriots, EVERYBODY has a price. Plus, JG may be no better than Cassal2. And if that's the case, the Patriots know it. If Cleveland ponies up the right picks, the Pats will take it and go out and get somebody else to backup Brady. Somebody they can plug in and get the most out of him with their system. Like Cassal. Like Garapolo.

But back to Tru. If the Rams hold their water long enough, somebody will make an offer for him. And if they don't, maybe he signs long term. Maybe we just let him play on the tag. Right now he's guaranteed 17 million. If they think he's a fit, maybe 26 mil or 30 mil guaranteed can get him to sign. 62 mil 5 years with the first two years guaranteed along with a 12 mil signing bonus can be worked out to a 10-11 mil per year cap hit the first couple/three years. If he thinks he'll get more than that elsewhere, let him walk after 2017.

Last edited: