Rams trying to trade Tru J.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A55VA6

Legend
Just saw this. Wow!

Wonder what we could get for him? Maybe this was... the plan?

Psycho_X

Legend
Yeah I kinda figured they'd at least explore this as an option. If there is a team, maybe the Browns for example with Greg Williams and $102 million in cap space, willing to pay him the long term deal now that Tru accepts I could definitely see a trade happening. The Browns also happen to have a shit ton of picks due to trades last season. A dream scenario would be them trading us one of their first rounders (the one from Philly obviously). More likely scenario is one of their two second rounders though. Maybe a second and one of their many fourth rounders? That would be ok with the depth this draft has in the secondary.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
So we are holding Tru for ransom basically? Trade bait, didn't see that coming might be worth it since the DBs are looking great at this years combine.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
This would mean that Tru, JJ and the McSafeties will all have been developed and then left at (almost) the first opportunity (assuming TJ is on his way out too which seems likely at this point). That isn't what well run franchises do.

Let's hope that the other DBs that have been developed over the last couple of seasons will step up along with any draftees.

Psycho_X

Legend
A trade would coincide with the new team negotiating a new long term deal with Tru I'm sure. As I said in the other thread the Browns have Greg Williams and $102 million in cap space so even if they don't get a long term deal done beforehand they could easily pull it off still.

Compensation wise... a second and a forth would be what I'd want at least. One of the Browns firsts would make me feel all funny and stuff though but probably a dream.

Psycho_X

Legend
Would he be worth a #2?

To me, it's not worth it unless it's a second rounder at least. If we just hold on to Tru another year and he leaves via free agency we'd get a 3rd rounder comp pick and would at least have a starting CB for another year. Unless they can wrangle out a handful of lesser picks to counter that.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A trade would coincide with the new team negotiating a new long term deal with Tru I'm sure. As I said in the other thread the Browns have Greg Williams and $102 million in cap space so even if they don't get a long term deal done beforehand they could easily pull it off still.

Compensation wise... a second and a forth would be what I'd want at least. One of the Browns firsts would make me feel all funny and stuff though but probably a dream.
2nd and 4th sounds high for tru doesn't it? Although many see him as a shutdown corner so Idk

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anyone else feel uncomfortable with this? It just feels dishonest. This isn't what the franchise tag is meant to do.