Rams taking Goff - Per schefter

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I agree with your take Jack. Fisher's record with QB's makes me think he should be nowhere near a guy with "upside".

You mean like Steve McNair from Alcorn State? 3 All Pro seasons - I think an MVP and an AFC championship isn't bad. Good development of upside is say

VY was Bud Adams call not Fisher's. And he had Already peaked.

What's happened in St Louis with Bradford's upside wasn't his fault - knee...

And he benched Foles for Keenum. Foles and Keenum supposedly have zero upside.

Maybe he needs a guy to develop like McNair who he had plenty of success with

Ramfansince79

Rookie
Name
Ramsfan79
First off, ESPN is not a news agency anymore. Integrity means nothing to them and their employees--so, nothing against Schefter, but if all of them agreed on 1 of the QB's there is nothing to talk about. I'm sure some were told to say Goff and some Wentz.

Goff played really well behind an outmanned O-line, but I'm so scared of him getting hurt because he's a really small framed guy (by NFL standards).

Wentz is a winner and has to the potential to be a Steve Young type player.

Of course, I'd would've bet the house we wouldn't have traded up, so wtf do I know.

Ramfansince79

Rookie
Name
Ramsfan79
You mean like Steve McNair from Alcorn State? 3 All Pro seasons - I think an MVP and an AFC championship isn't bad. Good development of upside is say

Woah, someone smart making comments!!!

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I love Warner, but...
Did he have any examples of players that have been drafted with "high ceilings" and "potential" that didn't work out?
Cause when I see Goff I see a guy with a high ceiling and a lot of potential - but smaller and not as athletic

Both Marriotta and Winston looked like solid QB's in 2015 and can eventually be future NFL greats, but I believe the size and physicality of Winston is what will keep in in the league longer and playing at an all-pro level for the next decade or so.
despite Marriotta playing equally well he did go down with an injury, The physical and athletic attributes are extremely important in this league and I think more so to the Rams (see Bradford)
It's possible that Marriotta (and Goff) can have injury-free seasons if he gets that solid OL protection he needs -- and if that's the case, either one will tear the league apart -- but until then, there's always more of a risk with a guy with their type of baseball body frame to get injured as oppose to the more physically imposing QB.
Warner likes accuracy - but I can't see how he doesn't see in the Rams case a QB that can stay healthy and play tough is far more important to them than pin-point accuracy. Warner was accurate and tough - that to me spells Wentz

Goff is tough as nails. Don't let the smaller frame fool you. He should get bigger as well...

Last edited:

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
So I guess the consensus is to take a kid who couldn't even become a starter until red shirting, riding the pine for the two ensuing years at freaking North Dakota State? Oh, and he also has an injury history

All on the virtue of Senior Bowl practice (we talkin practice) and a 6-10 50 plus yards performance

Yeah I haven't seen this before

I sure hope they know what they're doing

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
And your options are ???
Defense. Ramsey, Jack, Bosa...I hope we trade down, grab Elliott before the egirls, and pick up an extra pick for this draft stacked with defensive talent.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Defense. Ramsey, Jack, Bosa...I hope we trade down, grab Elliott before the egirls, and pick up an extra pick for this draft stacked with defensive talent.
Trading down and getting Elliot would be great for you guys, if not I think Ramsey would be a stud for you guys. Or Jack. Or Bosa too. You guys will get \ blue chip prospect whichever way.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg

I got ya taking Ezekiel Elliot, would be a great pick senior "arts and craftsy" man

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Trading down and getting Elliot would be great for you guys, if not I think Ramsey would be a stud for you guys. Or Jack. Or Bosa too. You guys will get \ blue chip prospect whichever way.

Ha!!

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
National media seems split about 50-50, don't they? Almost intentionally so.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
National media seems split about 50-50, don't they? Almost intentionally so.
Seems this forum is split as well, and the entire nation lol. And Fisher and Snead are in the office just laughing at us all cause they truly know already. They are trolling us all

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
So I guess the consensus is to take a kid who couldn't even become a starter until red shirting, riding the pine for the two ensuing years at freaking North Dakota State? Oh, and he also has an injury history

All on the virtue of Senior Bowl practice (we talkin practice) and a 6-10 50 plus yards performance

Yeah I haven't seen this before

I sure hope they know what they're doing

It's not as though only Fisher and Snead think highly of either or both of these guys however...The consenus here means squat as to who they will pick...The consenus of the guys who know something about talent seems to be pretty mixed...

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
ahhh lol gotcha. Couldnt tell if you were mocking me or agreeing...or just laughing for no reason lol :cheers:

Lol, cmon you know better,
Seems this forum is split as well, and the entire nation lol. And Fisher and Snead are in the office just laughing at us all cause they truly know already. They are trolling us all

Bastards!!!:ROFLMAO:

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones

Steve McNair's rookie season passer rating was 81.7 3 touchdowns and 1 interception in 4 games. His second year passer rating was 90.6 with 6 touchdowns and 4 interceptions in 9 games. His first year starting passer rating was 70.4 with 14 touchdowns and 13 interceptions. His Superbowl year was 78.6 with 12 touchdowns and 8 interceptions. His career passer rating was 82.8 with 174 touchdowns and 119 interceptions. His career YPA is 6.89

I think it would be fair to say that Fisher drafted a good option QB, didn't really develop him as a passer, and rode Eddie George to a Superbowl We can just agree to disagree though.

Who gave Foles an extension in training camp before seeing a single game?

Oh yeah, Fisher.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Steve McNair's rookie season passer rating was 81.7 3 touchdowns and 1 interception in 4 games. His second year passer rating was 90.6 with 6 touchdowns and 4 interceptions in 9 games. His first year starting passer rating was 70.4 with 14 touchdowns and 13 interceptions. His Superbowl year was 78.6 with 12 touchdowns and 8 interceptions. His career passer rating was 82.8 with 174 touchdowns and 119 interceptions. His career YPA is 6.89

I think it would be fair to say that Fisher drafted a good option QB, didn't really develop him as a passer, and rode Eddie George to a Superbowl We can just agree to disagree though.

Who gave Foles an extension in training camp before seeing a single game?

Oh yeah, Fisher.
My wife is gonna hate you, cause I think i've found someone else I love!!!! Could not agree more on your post even if I tried.