Rams taking Goff - Per schefter

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
He did mention they would still consider wentz....very interesting that they would make this trade without being locked into a guy

Always good to see you posting NJ!!!

I think they know what the next step is or who they are going to select.

Snead in the past has decided what guy he wants and then calculates where he will need to be to get him. If he moved up to #1 he knows who he wants and was worried that the Browns wanted the same guy so decided he had to be in front of them.

And rumor out of CLE (supposedly) is that the Browns were eyeing Goff.

Now the Browns didn't have to worry about the Titans taking their preferred guy, but now have to worry about the Rams doing that. The Browns have poor management so maybe the Rams trade places with them for a 2 or 3 and take the other guy Wentz.

Just specyalatin'

The glare off of Sneads brass balls is blinding either way. Dude has no fear.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Always good to see you posting NJ!!!

I think they know what the next step is or who they are going to select.

Snead in the past has decided what guy he wants and then calculates where he will need to be to get him. If he moved up to #1 he knows who he wants and was worried that the Browns wanted the same guy so decided he had to be in front of them.

And rumor out of CLE (supposedly) is that the Browns were eyeing Goff.

Now the Browns didn't have to worry about the Titans taking their preferred guy, but now have to worry about the Rams doing that. The Browns have poor management so maybe the Rams trade places with them for a 2 or 3 and take the other guy Wentz.

Just specyalatin'

The glare off of Sneads brass balls is blinding either way. Dude has no fear.
Don't worry Les...I'm here everyday just haven't been posting much as of late.

But I think you hit the nail on the head. The rams certainly have a guy in mind probably saying they're open to either to keep the mystery and excitement up.

As for my money. .I'm going with schefter dude is rarely wrong...jared goff will be our next qb

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Don't worry Les...I'm here everyday just haven't been posting much as of late.

But I think you hit the nail on the head. The rams certainly have a guy in mind probably saying they're open to either to keep the mystery and excitement up.

As for my money. .I'm going with schefter dude is rarely wrong...jared goff will be our next qb

Schefty is like Chris Broussard, most of the time when he says something he has it right so it could work out that way.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
He's usually not wrong. ...goffs my favorite prospect! !

IMO, he's playing devil's advocate because most are going Wentz, if he's wrong, nobody remembers, but if he's right, he was the first.

Goff makes some sense because he is California's native son, but he's smaller is stature and hand size and Wentz is the better athlete. Now if the Rams go Goff, I will not be upset, but IMO, Wentz is the crown jewel of this draft.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
IMO, he's playing devil's advocate because most are going Wentz, if he's wrong, nobody remembers, but if he's right, he was the first.

Goff makes some sense because he is California's native son, but he's smaller is stature and hand size and Wentz is the better athlete. Now if the Rams go Goff, I will not be upset, but IMO, Wentz is the crown jewel of this draft.

See, with a lot of sports analysts I think you'd be right in saying if theyre wrong no one remembers but not schefter. Hes a different animal. Theres a good reason people hold his opinion in higher regard than the others. He has a proven track record of having REAL inside information and prides himself on being right

Last edited:

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
I thought Schefter was the first guy to come out and declare that the Rams would take Bradford -- it was in the in the middle of the public debate of Suh v. Bradford. So that makes him 1-0, I guess.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'd Love to see that on our "Sports-Book page!!:mrburnsevil: I've heard People "Guessing" Both ways! Saying Goff's the better QB But Wentz is more Pro ready!
And to add to it they are reporting At ESPN, that Snead and Fisher are split on who to pick between them!
They have a couple weeks to hash it out!!

Last edited:

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
And to add to it they are reporting At ESPN, that Snead and Fisher are split on who to pick between them!

If that's the case, my money says Fisher wants Wentz due to obvious small college comparisons with McNair.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I'd Love to see that on our "Sports-Book page!!:mrburnsevil: I've heard People "Guessing" Both ways! Saying Goff's the better QB But Wentz is more Pro ready!
The media is going crazy, Dave! I just heard a report that we did this so soon, because, over the next two weeks, we wanted to work both guys, and decide on who is the better pick. I don't think I've ever seen more differing reports on who the best QB is in the draft, and why. Gonna be a roller coaster.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's usually not wrong. ...goffs my favorite prospect! !

he's been wrong plenty of times. it's just that he puts out so much information out there that it seems like he's usually not wrong because people only remember when he is right.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I kind of think that Goff is more ready RIGHT NOW, but Wentz might have the higher ceiling...I just don't see how, in the long run, the Rams can go wrong with either...Unless, of course, either has ties in any way shape or form to any member of the Leaf family...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Uh-huh. Schefter knows. Snead and Fisher have told nobody, but Schefter knows.
This is just the beginning. 10,000 inside scoop "reports" to follow with sources who have 'knowledge of the situation'.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
As I recall - there was a time Fisher didn't care for Schefter.

Remember after Bradford got hurt (for the last time w the Rams) - "Schefter knows everything, doesn't he?"

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
I honestly don't think any of them are worth what the Rams gave up to get that person. I can't be the only one.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I kind of think that Goff is more ready RIGHT NOW, but Wentz might have the higher ceiling...I just don't see how, in the long run, the Rams can go wrong with either...Unless, of course, either has ties in any way shape or form to any member of the Leaf family...

Great Post @Mikey Ram and besides in the move Heaven Can Wait with Warren Beatty the Quarterback he played that led the Rams to a Super Bowl donned 16 and Goff wears 16 so there is another useless tidbit from yours truly.
Rams1.jpg