Rams taking Goff - Per schefter

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Lol. Nope. A QB sitting the bench isn't going to help us, nor is a rookie QB going to come in and save the day if Romo goes down, ESPECIALLY with our inept defense.
Your defense was actually better than I expected them to be.
But, yeah. You could use the help there.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
It may end up dividing us like Bradford Suh did / but of course it's a different dynamic. It's QB v QB.

Goff guys - don't get your hopes up. It's gonna be Wentz. And you'll be happy it was.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Lol. Nope. A QB sitting the bench isn't going to help us, nor is a rookie QB going to come in and save the day if Romo goes down, ESPECIALLY with our inept defense.
Hey im with you i always thought it was dumb for dallas to draft a qb at 4 with all the defensive talent.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I got money in on all 3 qbs as the first pick before they traded up. Gonna win big money either way.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
It may end up dividing us like Bradford Suh did / but of course it's a different dynamic. It's QB v QB.

This is never fun to watch. Truth is nobody can be sure if either will translate to acceptable success at the NFL level. So there really shouldn't be any vitriol among fans who just want this team to get a good QB.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Your defense was actually better than I expected them to be.
But, yeah. You could use the help there.
Definitely. Our DL needs pass-rushers, or "rushmen" as Marinelli calls them. Actually, our secondary sucks, too. NONE of our CB's had an interception last season. Greg Hardy had one.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Kurt Warner and Michael Silver want Goff. Warner states his decision being that he's so tired of drafting "potential" and "high ceilings" that rarely work out. He wants the polished kid that can play right away. And so do I. I'm all in with Goff. If Wentz is called, I'll probably be disappointed. But that's the draft for ya

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Definitely. Our DL needs pass-rushers, or "rushmen" as Marinelli calls them. Actually, our secondary sucks, too. NONE of our CB's had an intervention last season. Greg Hardy had one.

Fixed it for you, Rynie. :icare:

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Kurt Warner and Michael Silver want Goff. Warner states his decision being that he's so tired of drafting "potential" and "high ceilings" that rarely work out. He wants the polished kid that can play right away. And so do I. I'm all in with Goff. If Wentz is called, I'll probably be disappointed. But that's the draft for ya

I love Warner, but...
Did he have any examples of players that have been drafted with "high ceilings" and "potential" that didn't work out?
Cause when I see Goff I see a guy with a high ceiling and a lot of potential - but smaller and not as athletic

Both Marriotta and Winston looked like solid QB's in 2015 and can eventually be future NFL greats, but I believe the size and physicality of Winston is what will keep in in the league longer and playing at an all-pro level for the next decade or so.
despite Marriotta playing equally well he did go down with an injury, The physical and athletic attributes are extremely important in this league and I think more so to the Rams (see Bradford)
It's possible that Marriotta (and Goff) can have injury-free seasons if he gets that solid OL protection he needs -- and if that's the case, either one will tear the league apart -- but until then, there's always more of a risk with a guy with their type of baseball body frame to get injured as oppose to the more physically imposing QB.
Warner likes accuracy - but I can't see how he doesn't see in the Rams case a QB that can stay healthy and play tough is far more important to them than pin-point accuracy. Warner was accurate and tough - that to me spells Wentz

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones

I agree with your take Jack. Fisher's record with QB's makes me think he should be nowhere near a guy with "upside".

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Yes you are....You'd probably like us to go into the season with Case Keenum as a starter....:mrburnsevil:
Whatever the true worth, they'll get their hopefully franchise QB for about 10% (or less) of what thay paid the last one...

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike

And your options are ???

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Warner was a great QB but I'm not so sure about his ability as an evaluator...He thought he could turn Kraperdouche into a QB...