Rams taking Goff - Per schefter

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Great Post @Mikey Ram and besides in the move Heaven Can Wait with Warren Beatty the Quarterback he played that led the Rams to a Super Bowl donned 16 and Goff wears 16 so there is another useless tidbit from yours truly.
Rams1.jpg

That's awesome Den
But Joe Pendleton is the only one that can wear #16 - that jersey has been retires to the rafters

WENTZ in 2016!!

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Hmm...
Mike Mayock sounds like the Rams drafting Wentz is a 99.9% done deal.
Here's the link to Mayock talking on The Rich Eisen Show yesterday.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I honestly don't think any of them are worth what the Rams gave up to get that person. I can't be the only one.
Yes you are....You'd probably like us to go into the season with Case Keenum as a starter....:mrburnsevil:

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Great Post @Mikey Ram and besides in the move Heaven Can Wait with Warren Beatty the Quarterback he played that led the Rams to a Super Bowl donned 16 and Goff wears 16 so there is another useless tidbit from yours truly.
Rams1.jpg

Well, huh. That's DEFINITELY one for Goff because Heaven Can Wait is one of my favorite movies of all time. I can still hear that awful clarinet riff after all these years... I've easily seen that movie over a hundred times...

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hmm...
Mike Mayock sounds like the Rams drafting Wentz is a 99.9% done deal.
Here's the link to Mayock talking on The Rich Eisen Show yesterday.

After watching the video I'm starting to think the Rams take Wentz.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
You'd think that.

Then again, as Jim Mora, Sr said prior to drafting Peyton Manning in the 1998 draft, they were grinding tape on both Manning and Leaf right up until the end.

They were pretty sure, but they MADE sure that they weren't going to have any buyer's remorse.

I'll bet the Rams' needle is pointed one way and pretty heavily. That said, they're going to be grinding at both of these guys right up until the end, so technically it won't be inaccurate to say they like a guy or that they're looking at a guy.

Michael Silver seems to believe, being close to Fisher and the organization, that they're zeroing in on Goff.

Honestly, I know how I evaluated them both and I know what most of the talking heads say...

After 4 years, right? 4 years on the job... I have less and less idea what they are going to do! Which is crazy because in retrospect, they are remarkably, sometimes infuriatingly consistent.

I think after the draft, I'm gonna grab some Nyquil and take a 2 day nap...

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I prefer Goff but can't see how Wentz isn't the #1 pick
And I be thrilled with that too

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I honestly don't think any of them are worth what the Rams gave up to get that person. I can't be the only one.
No other way to get them though.
Whether or not it was worth the price is yet to be determined.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I happen to like both more than Winston or Mariota. This trade will be worth it, if that's true.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Oh Rynie. The envy is palpable. Not a good look my friend. :snicker:
Don't forget now, in a post trade interview, when asked about pick " the Pick", Fisher went out of his way to remind people, he's a Defensive Minded Coach!! So there it is the pick will be " CB/FS - Jalen Ramsey!!" And the Crowd went Silent!!:rolllaugh::rolllaugh:

tahoe

Pro Bowler
"So in my mind, it has to be Wentz — it's not even a question — and I think it's the intangibles that sold [Rams Coach] Jeff Fisher and Les Snead, on top of the physical stuff."

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I'm okay with either, but I like Goff more because he's younger but so much more advanced as a passer. I don't want to get too cute and take the guy that needs development. I have no faith in our ability to develop a QB. Goff can come in right away and play like an NFL QB, and while his upside might not be elite, he can still be one of the top 15 or so QBs in the game and he's much more likely to reach that.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Youre just mad that you wont get euther now.
Lol. Nope. A QB sitting the bench isn't going to help us, nor is a rookie QB going to come in and save the day if Romo goes down, ESPECIALLY with our inept defense.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Lol. Nope. A QB sitting the bench isn't going to help us, nor is a rookie QB going to come in and save the day if Romo goes down, ESPECIALLY with our inept defense.

Well, we agree on that inept defense... :whistle: