Rams signing OG Jonah Jackson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Newsflash: no team wants a pricey development project. :laugh4:

OND: “Avila said he won’t play any position other than LG.”

Too soon?
1710194590978.png

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
I know Jonah is going to be good because the Lions are trying so hard to say he wasn't good enough. Was he injured often more than just last year with the Lions?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
LT at 19 would definitely cement the build. Has to fall right for us of course but they're positioned very nicely to take advantage if it's there or switch it up and go get something else they need.
That’s not going to happen . Wtf ?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I really like the moves along the interior offensive line but All three interior linemen will become Free Agents at the same time (3 years).

Left Tackle, Generally the premier position along the line, is still a big question mark. Jackson's status is sill in flux/doubt and Noteboom could still be released (he is not starter material). Unless we see a FA tackle signing by the Rams they will need definitely to target tackle in the draft in the first 3 rounds and if they lose Jackson well....... they may need to draft 2.

LMAO - another HATER !! Just shows the lack of who Noteboom is as a Ram!! Ask Andrew

WestCoastRam

Legend
Okay, I've got a question. How does Jonah Jackson get more money than Kevin Dotson?
I thought that Dotson was rated the best guard by PFF for last year.
(I certainly agree that PFF isn't flawless and some do not agree with their grades, but still....)

~ArkyRamsFan~
Was he rated best guard by them, I would have thought there were at least a handful of guys if not more better. Say the guard Eagles just resigned.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Says who & as of when ? If you think The Rams are going to draft a starting LT then so be it.Have you ever heard of the respect Sean Mcvay gives Joseph ? He thinks highly of him. As far as Alaric Jackson goes he still will have to beat him out of that LT spot .
—If you look at last season you could see the reasoning the O’Line. And together as it did.

To think Anchrum was the Guard depth other wise or (Shelton) Brian Allen.

I’d say if he doesn’t take a pay cut he better be starting ? Maybe your saying he should get cut .Time will tell very soon though.
Sorry but depending on Noteboom is being delusional to how unreliable he has been. He's a bench player and not a starter in this league thanks to his fragile body.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I can only get so erect, please stop!!!

If we go WR at 19 I dont care who the fuck we have on defense.
Meh, I don't love any of the WR's that will be there at 19 (picking them at 19). We should be able to draft our #1 CB there however, and we desperately need them with the group we have assembled.

Can you actually say you love one of the WR's (after the top 3) at 19? They all have deficiencies.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I know Jonah is going to be good because the Lions are trying so hard to say he wasn't good enough. Was he injured often more than just last year with the Lions?
One guy on the kneecaps forum said he only missed 6 games in 4 years.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Wouldn’t be opposed, but would certainly like a bigger bodied guy that still has some deep speed. One that could potentially develop into a number one type receiver.

I think Worthy could be a better Desean Jackson - a Desean Jackson without any of the ego the latter had. Would I take a big-bodied receiver in, like, the fifth or sixth round? Sure, but I think Worthy could be an elite player, and if you trade down and get an extra Day 2 pick while doing it? Absolutely.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Meh, I don't love any of the WR's that will be there at 19 (picking them at 19). We should be able to draft our #1 CB there however, and we desperately need them with the group we have assembled.

Can you actually say you love one of the WR's (after the top 3) at 19? They all have deficiencies.
I think outside of the big 3 WRs, the next tier is full of guys in the mid-1st to late-1st range.

Personally I want a bigger body, more physical presence who can develop into a true #1: BT Jr, Mitchell, Legette, Coleman. I would be happy with any of these guys at 19 though many will feel Legette/Coleman are reaches there (I dont).

This draft is so deep at WR, overall rankings are skewed more this year vs others IMO.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I think Worthy could be a better Desean Jackson - a Desean Jackson without any of the ego the latter had. Would I take a big-bodied receiver in, like, the fifth or sixth round? Sure, but I think Worthy could be an elite player, and if you trade down and get an extra Day 2 pick while doing it? Absolutely.

Yeah, but they could draft someone like Adonai Mitchell after a trade down, still have some deep speed, and have someone that can take a hit. I’m not saying worth can’t, but that small frame makes me nervous. Just because Desean did it doesn’t mean everyone can. He was the exception and not the rule

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I really like the player. The money is fair IMO. You can have never enough offensive lineman. Particularly big, physical ones. Bonus points that this weakens Detroit too. But I am not so sure this was the most efficient use of cap dollars. We could have spent less money for a good center IMO and kept Avila at LG.

Plus, if Avila struggles to transition to C at the NFL level, this is a big net loss. Making calls at C in the NFL is no joke. It is a big step up from the college game. Can Avila do it? Who knows. I am very optimistic, but it is a risk. Jackson is good, but he's not some Hall of Fame talent that I would jump head first into re-jigging the offensive line over with 0 reservations in mind. Avila was already a very stout LG in only his rookie season.

I do wonder if this means the Rams drafted Avila while viewing C as his natural/best position. Many scouts did have that opinion.

I also wonder if it reveals what they think of this o-line draft class, and/or where they want to spend their draft capital.

Will Avila be happy about this? Easier to get paid as a LG generally...

Like all Rams signings, I am excited to see how it plays out. You never know in the NFL until you play the games. I give it 7/10 right now. It could easily swing up or down notably IMO. I trust our o-line coach.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd have liked it if they gave a big contract to a good player. Jackson is average at best. Do not get this. Just resign Shelton for like half that.
Respectfully disagree. He's better than average. I like the signing. McVay wants to lean into bully ball. Jackson is a fire hydrant with an iron grip.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Yeah, but they could draft someone like Adonai Mitchell after a trade down, still have some deep speed, and have someone that can take a hit. I’m not saying worth can’t, but that small frame makes me nervous. Just because Desean did it doesn’t mean everyone can. He was the exception and not the rule

I'd love Mitchell as well, but he's a completely different player than Worthy. That Combine speed is not actual game speed; he's more an intermediate-range receiver, which we have in spades with Nacua, Kupp, and occasionally Robinson, and I have worries about his compete level.

Worthy is legit easy deep speed, faster-than-Tyreek deep speed (he and Mitchell massacred Alabama's corners; they had no answers for Worthy, in particular), and he's also a dominant route runner, which just makes him all the more dangerous; corners can prepare for the nine, but then he'll break outside, run a dig, a curl. And he's not a John Ross who only had speed; Worthy has solid hands. Not as solid as someone like Adonai Mitchell or Xavier Legette, but not a liability at all.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I just hope this screws the hell out of Detroit! We got some leveling to do when we meet them next season! Hope we cave their D in with this OL!!!!