Rams signing OG Jonah Jackson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Do you really think the Rams would even consider moving Avila to C without extensive exploration and testing?

C’mon
I think it is exactly what they are doing.

I am optimistic about it. And I am sure they are confident in their assessment after seeing Avila in practice and from his scouting evaluations and game tape coming out of college. But until he does it at center in the NFL, consistently, with live bullets, against the other teams' best starters, nobody will know for sure. See: Noteboom, Joseph. Remember when we were told he would be a very good LT?

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
The great thing about this is having an OL than can literally blow you off the line and get 5 yards a carry sets up what we do well, which is play action. The numbers KW put up, even missing a couple games, was crazy good. Imagine that behind an even better OL.
Kupp may or may not be his MVP self, but he's still top 10, IMO. And none us could have predicted how good Nacua would be and it's only year 1!

There's still a lot I'm sure McSnead is going to do. Yeah, we have some holes on D, etc. But we only got better thus far with these signings.. Can't wait to see what else they do.

sloramfan

Starter
i could only make it to page two before i literally lost it...

fuck yes!!!!

keep that QB upright!!!!!!

matt stafford has no peers in my book.. and that includes the nfl proclaimed god, pat holmsey...

i'm drawing a line in the sand right now, FU patrick, and you too nfl....

if stafford is standing when time is short, and we need it... GTFO!!! it's over!!!!!

go rams

slo

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can't help but think the Rams can't just hope that an edge falls. If Latu is healthy, I see all 3 edges gone by our pick. Then we are in a tough spot. Its not a deep edge class. I'm not sure you can find a starter past the 2nd round. to me, it is imperative to get some kind of contributing edge in FA prior to the draft. I totally understand not addressing CB in FA, its a pretty bad and shallow class. Also, the chances of a very good CB falling to 19 are very favorable.
"I'm yur huckleberry...." ~ Danielle Hunter

View: https://i.imgur.com/CmUWVLq.gif?1

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

I am optimistic about it. And I am sure they are confident in their assessment after seeing Avila in practice and from his scouting evaluations and game tape coming out of college. But until he does it at center in the NFL, consistently, with live bullets, against the other teams' best starters, nobody will know for sure. See: Noteboom, Joseph. Remember when we were told he would be a very good LT?

I think Joseph Noteboom is going to be a good LT 2024 for The Rams.
Yes- he gets hurt a lot ,but his experience is only adding to his(as Stan would say) his Arsenal !!

I doubted Steve Avila would play Center.Never thought The Rams would go this way to my liking upfront in the middle.The opportunity was too much to pass on Johna Williams.
I looked back & saw Steve Avila was The Number 1 Rated CENTER coming out of the Draft 2023!!!

fearsomefour

Legend
Love this signing.
Allows Avila to move to his more natural position of Center.
With Jackson and Avila the Rams will have one of the most athletic interior lines in the league.
Add in Dotson and the interior group is big and nasty as well.
Love it.
The question now is....who is starting next to Jackson at LT?

fearsomefour

Legend
With the signings of Jackson, Dotson and Parkinson (and Avila moving to C) the Rams are signaling they are going to run the freaking ball.
This will do more to keep Stafford upright and healthy than just about anything else.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sarah Bishop is cute; and she may be really good at what she does. However, she stinks at math!

Those numbers do not add-up to the guaranteed amount of $34M; and they do not come close to adding-up to the total reported amount of the contract ($51M). There must be roster (and other) bonuses.
Until we see a detailed breakdown, we won't know the 2024 cap hit.
Likely roster bonuses not being listed

RamWoodie

Legend
The main focus is to keep Stafford upright. Good move and adds versatility to the line.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
So two guards in that $16-17M range. Havenstein with what looks like $14M this year and $11M next. Jackson maybe on a tender for a year. And Avila on his rookie deal for now.

Seems like a good time to bring in a young OT eh?
The tough part is the 3 interior guys will all be up for a new deals 3 yrs from now...we can worry abt that later, but that is not great timing.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

Sorry, but, that is a poor reference since they had seen him actually during practice which McVay puts a LOT of stock in

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Pretty funny. I'm sitting here talking to one of my bartenders who grew up in Detroit and is a huge Lions fan.

I just let him know we got JJ and he is super pissed.

He loves what Jonah meant to his Oline.