Rams New Offensive Coordinator - Liam Coen

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Shouldn't the headline read: "Rams hire future Detroit Lions Head Coach Liam Coen as Offensive Coordinator" (or something to that effect)? :)
I’d just go 2023 head coach since Panthers are just as likely. Hell probably be six or so teams again.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The worst is when you are a college prospect and your former coach skips you in the NFL draft.
Yeah how many of us thought we’d draft more Stanford or pac 12 offensive linemen? I thought we would for sure but I’ll look at these guys. That Rb is very interesting.

Ram65

Legend
I have a hard enough time keeping up with players so I defer to others on coaches. I do think McVay knows what he wants in his coaches and has replaced them with quality when they leave. Hiring outside the organization can revitalize the schemes and players while keeping the coaches he can. Hopefully, the offense gets a little makeover that helps the run game. Getting an outside perspective is a good idea.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
The worst is when you are a college prospect and your former coach skips you in the NFL draft.

Kinnard and Fortner are whom I'm really interested in. Kentucky has quietly been putting out quality offensive line prospects. I don't know who their offensive line coach/strength coach are, but they've been putting in work.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kinnard and Fortner are whom I'm really interested in. Kentucky has quietly been putting out quality offensive line prospects. I don't know who their offensive line coach/strength coach are, but they've been putting in work.
Check out Kentucky's LT Dare Rosenthal too. He's very, very raw. Transferred in from LSU before the season. But he's huge (6'7" 327), is an easy mover, pushes guys around in the running game, and looks quite good working in space. Needs a lot of development as a pass protector (technical aspects of the game aren't there), but he's a project who could start at either tackle spot down the line.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Check out Kentucky's LT Dare Rosenthal too. He's very, very raw. Transferred in from LSU before the season. But he's huge (6'7" 327), is an easy mover, pushes guys around in the running game, and looks quite good working in space. Needs a lot of development as a pass protector (technical aspects of the game aren't there), but he's a project who could start at either tackle spot down the line.

Will do. Either way, honestly, Kentucky has been putting out solid linemen since Larry Warford (whom I really wanted in 2013; I can't believe he went in the third round).

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Will do. Either way, honestly, Kentucky has been putting out solid linemen since Larry Warford (whom I really wanted in 2013; I can't believe he went in the third round).
Seen him in discussion in the 3rd/4th rounds mostly.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Seen him in discussion in the 3rd/4th rounds mostly.

I thought that Warford was the best guard in the class. I thought he would be better than Warmack or Cooper, both of whom went top ten. My last mock in 2013 had us drafting him with our second first round pick; I thought that aside from being stuck at right guard, Warford had no deficiencies.

I may not be right often, but I was right on Warford.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I thought that Warford was the best guard in the class. I thought he would be better than Warmack or Cooper, both of whom went top ten. My last mock in 2013 had us drafting him with our second first round pick; I thought that aside from being stuck at right guard, Warford had no deficiencies.

I may not be right often, but I was right on Warford.
We all have hits and misses :) One name I like this year, could be a new version of Jacob Harris is Tanner Conner. Big WR from a small school with some speed and might be one of those move/mismatch TE in the future. Since I like him he probably won't amount to anything :D

Memento

Name
Jemma
We all have hits and misses :) One name I like this year, could be a new version of Jacob Harris is Tanner Conner. Big WR from a small school with some speed and might be one of those move/mismatch TE in the future. Since I like him he probably won't amount to anything :D

My biggest misses came in 2014. I had us with three first round picks. Who did I pick? Jake Matthews? Oh, that's fin-wait, Ra'Shede Hageman? Kelvin Benjamin? What kind of drugs was I taking?

Anyway, Tanner Conner? Haven't scouted him yet.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My biggest misses came in 2014. I had us with three first round picks. Who did I pick? Jake Matthews? Oh, that's fin-wait, Ra'Shede Hageman? Kelvin Benjamin? What kind of drugs was I taking?

Anyway, Tanner Conner? Haven't scouted him yet.
6'3" like 225ish? big athleticism good speed think he popped a 70 yarder this year. Does remind me of Harris played in the Big Sky, Kupp's conference, and is one of those guys that's probably too big for WR in the NFL but another 10-20 lbs and you've got Blanton and Hopkins build but as is he's a bit thicker than Harris is.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Knowing how McVay's coordinators on the offensive side are always getting poached, McVay should look at hiring more minorities. We could get some more comp picks. I can almost guarantee Cohen is gonna be a head coach after next season. Teams are always looking for the next Sean McVay.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Report: Jake Peetz joining Rams staff​

Posted by Josh Alper on February 21, 2022
The Rams dipped into the SEC to find their new offensive coordinator Liam Coen and he won’t be the only coach joining the Super Bowl champs after coaching in the conference during the 2021 season.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that Jake Peetz will also be joining the staff. Peetz was the offensive coordinator at LSU last season while Coen was running the offense at Kentucky.

Peetz coached with Rams head coach Sean McVay in Washington in 2014 and had stints as a quarterbacks coach with the Raiders and Panthers. He also spent one year as an analyst on Nick Saban’s staff at Alabama before making his way to Baton Rouge last year.
The Rams are also hiring former Raiders offensive coordinator Greg Olson as an offensive assistant and giving assistant head coach/running backs coach Thomas Brown more responsibilities in the wake of former offensive coordinator Kevin O’Connell leaving the team to become the Vikings head coach.

Career history