Rams interested in DT Nick Fairley? (Update: Apparently so)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Penguin.

Rookie
Keep Fairly, and trade Brockers. Brockers is not as good as Fairly in my honest opinion. He is a big man, but Fairly is a big man who can literally bully people. He just had some weight issues is all.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Keep Fairly, and trade Brockers. Brockers is not as good as Fairly in my honest opinion. He is a big man, but Fairly is a big man who can literally bully people. He just had some weight issues is all.

I have a better idea...Keep them both.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Ladies & Gentlemen meet the St. Louis Tigers....War Eagle!
TigerPanelGraphic.jpg

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I doubt it. He's on a cheap rookie contract and Fairley isn't known for being a guy that can stuff the middle like Brockers. IMO, they each would have their own role.

My only thought was he is the last year of his deal and is going to command 6M type money next year. Maybe he nets us a OT or OG in a trade. Its been a crazy off season so far. Its early but we seem more aggressive on the defensive side of the ball.

Penguin.

Rookie
I have a better idea...Keep them both.

In theory that would be great, but we won't have enough cap space to keep them both, with Quinn, with Foles, with Britt, and hopefully re-doing the offensive line. Think about it in a business sense. We can't put 60-70% of our cap space into four positions.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
In theory that would be great, but we won't have enough cap space to keep them both, with Quinn, with Foles, with Britt, and hopefully re-doing the offensive line. Think about it in a business sense. We can't put 60-70% of our cap space into four positions.

Why? Fairley's deal is only a one year deal and Brockers fifth year option is afforable and he's still on his first contract.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
This defense looks to be full of young talented players. I see no reason that this defense could not be one of the best in 2015. Then add in that the Rams defensive coaches are as good as they come with experience.

DE's- Quinn-Long-Hayes-Sims,
NT's- Brockers, Worthington
DT's- Donald-Fairley-Westbrooks-Brodine-Conrath

OLB-Ogletree-Ayers-Dunbar-McFadden-Toomer
MLB-Laurinaitis-Bates

SS- McDonald-Barron-Alexander-Bryant
FS- McLeod- Davis
CB- Jenkins-Gaines-Johnson-McGee-Roberson-Joyner

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Didn't Fritz Shurmer run a 5-2 that he called the Eagle while he was with the Rams? During Kevin Greene's tenure, pretty sure...

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Well one thing is for sure: Opponent QBs won't be looking forward to playing us. We need a nickname for this rediculousness.
Sorry but how about they earn a nickname. I want to see them play together and destroy teams from the beginning of the season.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
My only thought was he is the last year of his deal and is going to command 6M type money next year. Maybe he nets us a OT or OG in a trade. Its been a crazy off season so far. Its early but we seem more aggressive on the defensive side of the ball.
The more aggressive we are in FA on D, The more aggressive we can be on the O-Line in the Draft!!(y):D

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'll tell you what. I'll let KD worry about that. I would love to see us keep all of them and just brutalize some offenses this year. They didn't sell the farm to get him so I think we are just fine with this signing and can still work on the O-line. Kill or be killed.

V3

Hall of Fame
The more aggressive we are in FA on D, The more aggressive we can be on the O-Line in the Draft!!(y):D
I'd rather they use FA to fill their most desperate holes so that they can focus on BPA in the draft. Right now, it's looking like we will HAVE to take and O-lineman in the 1st and 2nd rounds no matter who falls to us.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I got the nickname... And with our offense finally having a QB, we will be playing with leads... Which means our guys are gonna get to pin their ears back and really get after it!

fast-five.jpg

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Didn't see a thread on this? No one interested in the fact we got Fairley?

One year "prove-it" deal @ $5m with incentives up to $7.5.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Edit - I was on the wrong board - sorry. Reading "Draft/College" board instead of the main one which is why I didn't see the topic!

Feel free to delete mods!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
This defense looks to be full of young talented players. I see no reason that this defense could not be one of the best in 2015. Then add in that the Rams defensive coaches are as good as they come with experience.

DE's- Quinn-Long-Hayes-Sims,
NT's- Brockers, Worthington
DT's- Donald-Fairley-Westbrooks-Brodine-Conrath

OLB-Ogletree-Ayers-Dunbar-McFadden-Toomer
MLB-Laurinaitis-Bates

SS- McDonald-Barron-Alexander-Bryant
FS- McLeod- Davis
CB- Jenkins-Gaines-Johnson-McGee-Roberson-Joyner
upload_2015-3-13_10-35-59.jpeg

ram007

Starter
So whats the plan for Secondary? As long as secondary is weak, there is only so much Rams can do to better the DL. Thumbs down on this signing.