Rams interested in DT Nick Fairley? (Update: Apparently so)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Seems kind of strange , the Rams have a chance to sign a young , very talented football player

and we're , nah , don't want him

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
If the Rams don't sign a Center get ready for this on Draft Day.
635548737858090143-Reese-Dismukes.jpg

I bet all my ROD dollars this is who we target with the second pick in the draft

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
According to NFL Network Fairly is officially in St. Louis for a visit today.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
That defensive line with him would be awesome.

Unfortunately, we'd still be 6-10 without oline upgrades. Still get beat by efficient QBs with good game preparation to get the ball out. We can already stop people from scoring. We can't actually score is the problem. So while I'm not for or against it, I view it as running in place.

Irish

Starter
Move Brockers for an interior lineman, especially if you cant sign one of Blalock or Wisniewski.

I am sure some team out there would like a Rams coached former first round dlineman for a depth olineman rotting behind a probowler.

That, or trade Zac Stacy for a lineman.

DAMN IT, SNISHER, FIX THE OLINE

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I bet all my ROD dollars this is who we target with the second pick in the draft

And I will add my ROD dollars that Snead states one of the reasons for drafting Dismukes is being an Auburn graduate, the Rams know he can make the proper line calls because of his extraordinary education.

V3

Hall of Fame
I doubt we're going to see a bunch of rookies on the line.
I trust rookies more than I do the backups we currently have on the team, if that's what you're getting at. The Rams will probably get either a G and/or OT(Barks) in FA. I absolutely hate the idea of a rookie center and a QB new to the offense. Those are the two that are supposed to run everything on offense on the field. And I'm really not all that thrilled with the play of Barksdale.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Between not having an O-line and having our pass rush somewhat easily countered by quick, short passes, I'm not a fan of this idea. I think a shutdown CB or a LB that was excellent at pass coverage would have a much bigger impact than Fairly, in terms of sacks.
I agree with this. This is a good time to add defense depth since there's not enough draft picks to go around. But I'm not a fan of DT being the spot for a big free agent splash.

The whole reason DT is even an issue is their own doing. They didn't even try to bring back K.Langford on a reduced contract. He signed for $4.3m per year, would that have been awful? Now they will consider signing Fairley who will cost more PLUS the $1million hit of Langford's dead money which will basically be the same as the $7million cap hit they tried to avoid in the first place... If it ain't broke, then break it and waste time fixing it while not fixing other areas?

They are finally getting around to looking at some LBs which is great. Instead of CB, what about a free safety? I'd rather see a big splash with a Rahim Moore than at DT since that's a bigger need. There's lots of rotation depth on the DL, the only thing missing is some run-stuffing girth. Fairley wasn't necessary here, the Rams could have jumped on Dockett or Dan Williams, even BJ Raji or Wilfork can plug the need while other areas got more attention.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Langford wanted to start. It wasn't just about the money and the Rams did him a solid by cutting him early to give him the best chance at finding a starting gig. One reason players like playing for Fisher...

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Don't have a link for Langford wanting to start...

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I have NO problem finishing this Defense off. I would go so far as to say i would sign Fairly to go with Ayers AND draft Trae Waynes @ #10! We still have $$$ and options to get OL and re-sign Britt..... plus these two guys. I think they are looking "in house to at least one if not 2 OL spots... then draft.

and just look at the trend in tems that have benn to and WON the SB .... GREAT defense, RUN the ball and just enough passing to keep it honest. And none of them outside of Denver had "great" WR's. I'm trusting their plan ... and we now have a QB that i think can stay in the line up for 15 games. ... is mobile enough to make things happen and our receiving options are as good if not better than those teams mentioned above ( Baltimore, SF, Sea., etc). We just need to stay healthy. And if our Defesne gets even stronger ... well SHIT!!! We don't need to score 30+ pts a game .... 21 should be more than enough.