Rams interested in DT Nick Fairley? (Update: Apparently so)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

V3

Hall of Fame
Between not having an O-line and having our pass rush somewhat easily countered by quick, short passes, I'm not a fan of this idea. I think a shutdown CB or a LB that was excellent at pass coverage would have a much bigger impact than Fairly, in terms of sacks.

jap

Legend
I don't know how I feel about this. On one hand, Fairley is an elite talent. Extremely talented DT. On the other hand, he's lazy.

If true, he may change his tune once player coach Fish challenges the defense to break the NFL sack record.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
LOL I remember when he was drafted, everyone (including me) was like, Lions DL is gonna be amazing for a decade!!!!!! Who knew a decade is only 3 years?

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I got a feeling if we sign Fairly the refs will just let the other teams hold our Dline even more than they did last year. otherwise every QB we played against would end up hurt and it would make for an ugly season across the league if almost half the starting QBs are hurt

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If they sign him (and, yes, he'll demand big bucks), I will be oficially pissed.

Brockers is good... and, whatever they might have to spend next year on a re-up for him is going to be far less than paying Fairley

We're signing more defensive linemen and losing out on good talent on the Oline?

If it came down that way, I'd be of the opinion that Jeff Fisher has no intention of dedicating his full efforts and resources toward that line in the most efficient manner (at least one FA... maybe two).

I'll calm down now and wait to see what happens... but this report got my blood boiling.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
If they sign him (and, yes, he'll demand big bucks), I will be oficially pissed.

Brockers is good... and, whatever they might have to spend next year on a re-up for him is going to be far less than paying Fairley

We're signing more defensive linemen and losing out on good talent on the Oline?

If it came down that way, I'd be of the opinion that Jeff Fisher has no intention of dedicating his full efforts and resources toward that line in the most efficient manner (at least one FA... maybe two).

I'll calm down now and wait to see what happens... but this report got my blood boiling.

Personally I don't get upset when my team adds very talented players.

There's not just one way to fix the OL. If we go into the season with Robinson and Saffold as the only two legit starters, THEN I think it'll be time to be miffed.

jap

Legend
As embarrassing as it may be to the NFL, I still would love to see stats for uncalled holds on defensive linemen. I am sure The Mighty Quinn leads the league by a healthy margin.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
They will get their OL addition. If Fairley comes onboard for a reasonable rate I'm good with it.

Not like there is big dropoff in this year's FA offensive linemen. After Hudson they're all meh. I wanted Wiz simply because he is young with upside.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
This might be nothing more than leverage against other FA's to get them to take the Rams offers. Gm's tell agents they have so much they will spend in total this year.
Then the agents see the Rams bring in a player like Fairley who they know the HC would covet and would eat up most of the amount the team is going to spend they get nervous and then want to take the offer they already turned down. Win for the team.

And I'm good with Fairley. Entertaining if nothing else.
Never mind that right now the starting Oline is GRob, Saffy, Jones, Brandon Washington and the Immortal Steve Baker.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
The Rams still have quite a bit of cap space , even if they did sign Fairley , they still have money to spend

And there's really no , I gotta have right this minute offensive lineman out there

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I don't know how I feel about this. On one hand, Fairley is an elite talent. Extremely talented DT. On the other hand, he's lazy.

Take what you know of Fairley, and then picture that with the motivation from an intense DL coach and a head coach who's been known to motivate the most unmotivated players in the past.

V3

Hall of Fame

There's not just one way to fix the OL. If we go into the season with Robinson and Saffold as the only two legit starters, THEN I think it'll be time to be miffed.
I generally agree but the O-line issues here with the Rams have reached a breaking point with me. I can't take it anymore. I am sick and tired of our QB's getting killed and our defense having to bail out the offense because the O-line can't do its job or because it already killed our starting QB. Having a bunch of rookies on the line is a recipe for disaster.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

That's why I said I'm calming down. ;)

Just a knee-jerk (try not to do that, but I am impatient when it comes to fixing the Oline... I mean, it's only been over 7 years :))

And, like I said, Brockers is fine... actually good.... and he'll still come much cheaper on the re-do than Fairley will cost.

Just doesn't make sense... this infatuation with the Dline, when it's already really, really good. Seems like a luxury they could do without... but I'll wait and see.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I generally agree but the O-line issues here with the Rams have reached a breaking point with me. I can't take it anymore. I am sick and tired of our QB's getting killed and our defense having to bail out the offense because the O-line can't do its job or because it already killed our starting QB. Having a bunch of rookies on the line is a recipe for disaster.
I doubt we're going to see a bunch of rookies on the line.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

If the Rams don't sign a Center get ready for this on Draft Day.
635548737858090143-Reese-Dismukes.jpg