Rams final cuts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Our Scouts are really lacking in some areas.
Rochelle never developed and Bruss never showed anything.
Taylor Rapp
Daryl Henderson
David Long
Terrell Lewis
Jacob Harris

Need I say more?

These are all relatively high picks that totally flopped or didn't produce anywhere near where they should/could have.
Yeah I was thinking that the other day... if you don't have that many high picks you better be nailing some of em.

These picks are effed like Les said.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Taylor Rapp
Daryl Henderson
David Long
Terrell Lewis
Jacob Harris

Need I say more?

These are all relatively high picks that totally flopped or didn't produce anywhere near where they should/could have.

Stretching the definition of "high pick" there.

Rochell and Harris were 4th rounders. Lewis and Bruss late thirds. Not uncommon for them to not work out.

Rapp was a mediocre starter for us - that's about what to expect for where he was drafted.

Long was on the field for the last defensive play of the Super Bowl and I believe his coverage forced Burrow to hold the ball. Hendo had some key catches in the Super Bowl - and both those guys were third round picks.

That doesn't even get into the other hits over the years.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Betting we wait to IR a few and then bring in a kicker and maybe another player

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame

Rochell and Harris were 4th rounders. Lewis and Bruss late thirds. Not uncommon for them to not work out.

Rapp was a mediocre starter for us - that's about what to expect for where he was drafted.

Long was on the field for the last defensive play of the Super Bowl and I believe his coverage forced Burrow to hold the ball. Hendo had some key catches in the Super Bowl - and both those guys were third round picks.

High picks in terms of missing a 1st... just moving up one rung.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Darrell Henderson was really good for the first half on 21. And then yes in the SB too.

Not sure what ppl want with draft picks. Bona-fide 10 year starter studs? This isnt reality.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Based on the preseason, I'm pretty sure the Rams aren't gonna be losing a lot of waived players from other team's claiming them (IE-Bruss). I'm pretty sure the team will have at least 10 of those guys back and they will continue to develop (Bruss? -lol)

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Taylor Rapp
Daryl Henderson
David Long
Terrell Lewis
Jacob Harris

Need I say more?

Yeah, it’s tough to hit on 3rd and 4ths but it really sucks when a late 2nd rounder like Rapp doesn’t play well. He looked good in his first year.

Some of this fits into the Snead and geek squad picking players by measurables too. I think they may put too much weight on that side of evaluations. Hopefully they changed a bit. For instance Davis Allen has great hands, but isn’t fast. To me hands is an important football skill that is every bit as important as athleticism.

When the team doesn’t have a first and sometimes a second then 3-4s are early picks and it’s important to hit on some of them. Seattle got Woolen in round 5. The Niners got Kittle in 5. It’s possible to get production from that part of the draft.
High picks in terms of missing a 1st... just moving up one rung.
Yeah, they need better production from mid rounders.
Darrell Henderson was really good for the first half on 21. And then yes in the SB too.

Not sure what ppl want with draft picks. Bona-fide 10 year starter studs? This isnt reality.
Long was invisible for years. He showed up a little in the Super Bowl. A lot of third round picks work out. They need 2s-3s-4s to be more productive over 4 years than Long was, or at least hit on some every few years that can really contribute. More Gaines and less Rochelle or Lewis please.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd

I’ll go a step further.

Rapp was/is an excellent football player. He came in to take the place of Mark Barron. Barron was a disappointing DB until he was converted into that LB/Safety hybrid role. Rapp had an opposite trajectory. He started out playing in the box where he showed a nose for the ball and a willingness to tackle. Then he was put deeper into coverage. All we heard was how bad he was in coverage. In the right scheme, he’ll be fine.

Watch Henderson’s highlights vs those of Akers. Until his last few games of ‘22 Akers did not show me he was better than Henderson.

Both of those guys plus Long were instrumental in the Rams winning the SB. Sure, I would have loved for those guys to have been true HRs, but in the final analysis, I’d say the Rams got their $$ worth from those players.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Taylor Rapp
Daryl Henderson
David Long
Terrell Lewis
Jacob Harris

Need I say more?

Go through every other team in the league and you will find the exact same thing. That's why they say the draft is a lottery.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck

Dude, those WERE our high picks.
Rapp was decent as a run stopper but he sucked in pass coverage.
We need to hit on those third and fourth rounders.

We have not.
We're still trading away picks trying to fill the gap that Bruss was supposed to fill.
Total fail.
Either by the scouts who pick them or the coaches that were supposed to develop them.
Now we have lost almost total continuity in our coaching staff and this is a total makeover.
I'm probably one of the most optimistic people on this board overall but I'm running out of lipstick to put on this pig.

Cjcinec

Rookie
Name
Chris C.
A smart team will pick up Bruss and stash him on their PS. He was hurt his rookie year which halted his development and was coming back his second year from that injury and moving positions for the second year in a row. A smart OC/HC/OL coach picks him up based off his college tape and coaches him up.
A smart team would then assume his 3rd round contract if he’s on the roster on opening day. You can’t claim someone on waivers and then move them to the practice squad. I doubt any team will want to pick up his contract at this point partially because he’s got an ankle injury and mostly because he put up a lot of bad tape in the preseason. Rams wanted him to claim a spot and gave him plenty of opportunities and he just wasn’t among the best on the roster. A smart first year offensive line coach would value ability over contract status and keep the best for the roster.

Cjcinec

Rookie
Name
Chris C.
Taylor Rapp
Daryl Henderson
David Long
Terrell Lewis
Jacob Harris

Need I say more?

At least they didn’t trade 3 number 1’s and a 3rd for Trey Lance

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Go through every other team in the league and you will find the exact same thing. That's why they say the draft is a lottery.

Then we are DEFINITELY lacking in development.

I'm sticking that our scouting has sucked the last 3 years and our development has sucked as well.