Rams final cuts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
LA Rams Transactions:• Waived, No Recall: T A.J. Arcuri, K Tanner Brown, DE T.J. Carter, LB Daniel Hardy, DB Quindell Johnson, TE Nikola Kalinic, C Mike McAllister, DB Cameron McCutcheon, G Grant Miller, WR Xavier Smith, LB Keir Thomas, WR Austin Trammell, QB Dresser Winn, LB Jaiden Woodbey•
Terminated, Vested Veteran: DT Marquise Copeland, RB Royce Freeman, QB Brett Rypien•
Waived, Injured: LB DeAndre Square, DB Rashad Torrence

View: https://twitter.com/RamsNFL/status/1696578464474906698?s=20

Psycho_X

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hmm, still a few more cuts needed if my math is correct.

Random comments....

Tanner Brown - I'm assuming practice squad for him... no need to give up on him this fast. But I'm ok with bringing a veteran starting out and letting Brown season a bit.
Daniel Hardy - not surprising really but had higher hopes for him
Xavier Smith - not surprising but who will be our return guy? Williams maybe?
Keir Thomas - definitely should be a practice squad guy. One of the few who could rush the passer some in preseason.
DeAndre Square - practice squad... he player poorly last game but had a good game against Raiders.
Brett Rypien - I fully expected Stetson to be backup all year despite his struggles. Figured they'd keep Rypien around as 3rd string since NFL changed rules this year.

dpjax

Starter
Camp Reporter
Surprised but not disappointed they cut Marquise Copeland. Thought he figured into the D line rotation.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
A little surprised with Copeland. I thought he'd be part of the rotation.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Surprised but not disappointed they cut Marquise Copeland. Thought he figured into the D line rotation.
I could see some back and forth with him and Desjuan. My guess is that they get Desjuan on the 53 and then move him to PS eventually and bring Copeland back.

Jourdan speculated as much recently.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
A little surprised with Copeland. I thought he'd be part of the rotation.

Earnest Brown IV had his best pre-season yet, so perhaps he jumped him on the depth chart. Surprised though that Jonah Williams outlasted Copeland.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I'm not surprised by Copeland because of Desjuan and Turner. All similar and Copeland didn't stand out in preseason.
He could be brought back.. but because you have those two similar rookies under control.. and because this year is really about next year, when it comes to the defense.. it makes more sense to keep Desjuan than Copeland.

Psycho_X

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So some random breakdowns of roster currently... course this will change with waiver pickups and other additions over next several weeks....

Offense
7 WRs being kept... don't hate this
4 TEs.... happy about this too as Allen looks great and need to see what Long has. Hopkins supposedly had great camp.
4 RBs... Rivers earned himself a spot
Zach Thomas, Bruss, and McClendon all make team. Lot of talk about Thomas from talking heads.

Defense
Only two DEs in Brown IV and Jonah Williams. I know rotationally with DTs and OLBs that isn't a huge deal but neither of those names inspire me.
5 interior lineman. Again not surprising with 3-4 and how we use them but Desjuan Johnson making it is cool he showed something.
4 OLB - We need some surprising performances from Hoecht and Young for this defense to be good. VanValkenburg I'm happy made the team. Will be a work in progress but could be a future starter.
3 ILB - Rozeboom and Hummel are uninspiring. God please keep Jones healthy.
6 CBs - Robert Rochell didn't play himself out of a roster spot. Was wondering if his horrid preseason play would get him bumped by someone like McCutcheon. He survives another day probably due to special teams. Combo of Durant, Witherspoon, and Tomlinson with hopefully an improved Kendrick has me cautiously optimistic if they can all stay healthy.
5 safeties - Jason Talyor I'm assuming is a special teams keep. Fuller, Lake, Yeast, and Johnson all bring something to the table... maybe the best depth by position on team other than potentially WR.