Rams final cuts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
That OLB group is the most interesting to me. ZERO returners to that group even though 2 of last year's group were in camp.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
It's funny because it's true. They need to throw that scout that jumped into the pool after the Bruss pick......back into the pool.
If you're gonna throw him, how 'bout outta the building?

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Barring a waiver claim, I'm guessing that Hardy or Thomas will be coming back after the IR designations.
I didn't see the IR designations and honestly don't know how that all works. Care to splain it to me?

Memphis Ram

Legend
I didn't see the IR designations and honestly don't know how that all works. Care to splain it to me?
Mathis and Taylor II are injured. If the Rams put them on IR before 4 PM tomorrow, they are out for the season. But if they wait until then they can designate them to return sometime during the season.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I think, a player put on IR before the cut-down to 53 is out for the year.

A player that is initially on the 53, and then moved to IR can be designated for return during the season.

Not sure if there is a limit on how many payers put on IR (after the final 53 is set) can be designated to return.

So ... Mathis could now go to IR; and then come back at some point.

I think that's it. but I have episodes.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
So they don't have a place kicker now. They're gonna have to find one. The roster shows 53. Someone's gonna have to go to make room for a new kicker.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Oh Come On Jim Carrey GIF

Over fucking Robinson, who can't even get open? Fucking HELL!
Yeah I don't know why that one went that way. I'm sure the Rams have a good reason I just have no idea what it is. Maybe special teams. Didn't really focus on them because they were so shitty it would just piss me off.

That OLB group is the most interesting to me. ZERO returners to that group even though 2 of last year's group were in camp.
Rams took out the trash didn't they. Probably a good thing. None of them looked like they could be counted on so best wishes to all in their travels.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It's funny because it's true. They need to throw that scout that jumped into the pool after the Bruss pick......back into the pool.
Definitely. I'm still surprised Bruss didn't show better year two. It's weird because his film was quite good. Must be something up with him, because it seemed like he had the talent.

It's possible that injury got in his head. That can happen. Either way it's good to see them cut bait on him vice going the Evans route where they keep a guy around who doesn't deserve it based on his draft spot.

Cjcinec

Rookie
Name
Chris C.
Definitely. I'm still surprised Bruss didn't show better year two. It's weird because his film was quite good. Must be something up with him, because it seemed like he had the talent.

It's possible that injury got in his head. That can happen. Either way it's good to see them cut bait on him vice going the Evans route where they keep a guy around who doesn't deserve it based on his draft spot.
He is a big guy who struggled inside with movement and when he was moved out to tackle he struggled against speed. Injury could still be lingering but he just wasn’t the best in the group that they were planning on keeping. They gave him an opportunity and he didn’t take advantage of it. Best to admit your mistake and move on. He is practice squad eligible but I don’t think he’s going to be signed by the Rams.