rams fear Jake Long tore acl

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iced

IMHO No such thing as curses.
The Rams are just a victim of their own devices......poor management....poor coaching....picking the wrong people, etc.

I think Long and Bradford were brought back too early - but Quick's never had an injury history, nor had Tavon. not to mention we lost 6 starters in one game, i think 3 by half

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
IMHO No such thing as curses.
The Rams are just a victim of their own devices......poor management....poor coaching....picking the wrong people, etc.

Injuries have nothing to do with their own devices.

Curses, bad luck, whatever you call it. They don't have any control over that.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I think Long and Bradford were brought back too early - but Quick's never had an injury history, nor had Tavon. not to mention we lost 6 starters in one game, i think 3 by half

I agree.
I was speaking more in a historical sense or going a bit further back.

iced

I agree.
I was speaking more in a historical sense or going a bit further back.

Go to the 2007 and 2008 seasons... especially 2007..we lost the whole o-line and our back up's backups.. literally signing people off the street tuesday to play sunday

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Injuries have nothing to do with their own devices.

Curses, bad luck, whatever you call it. They don't have any control over that.

Some is luck of the draw. True enough. No such thing as curses.
But NO control........we are just going to have to disagree about that.

Teams have some control over injuries.
Conditioning
Type of players chosen (some have a history of injury others just not strong enough)
The type of turf teams chose to have.
The type of equipment they chose.
Their practice schedules/regimen etc.

Lots of variables go in to your personnel and their health.
Teams have 'some' control over it.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Go to the 2007 and 2008 seasons... especially 2007..we lost the whole o-line and our back up's backups.. literally signing people off the street tuesday to play sunday

Right.
And if we had chosen stronger better prepared linemen in the first place, maybe we would not have lost so many players then.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Some is luck of the draw. True enough. No such thing as curses.
But NO control........we are just going to have to disagree about that.

Teams have some control over injuries.
Conditioning
Type of players chosen (some have a history of injury others just not strong enough)
The type of turf teams chose to have.
The type of equipment they chose.
Their practice schedules/regimen etc.

Lots of variables go in to your personnel and their health.
Teams have 'some' control over it.

Tell me what the Rams could have done to prevent Bradford's initial ACL tear.

Tell me what they could have done to prevent Quick's dislocated shoulder/torn rotator cuff yesterday.

Tell me what they could have done to prevent Chris Long's injury week 1.

Tell me what they could have done to prevent Jake Long's first ACL tear, given that he'd never had knee problems before.

Fisher is known for easing up on his players during the week based on his understanding of what players go through from his own days as a player, and before this season we actually haven't had bad luck with injuries during his reign. We had lost some guys here and there, but nothing in the extreme. What's happening this year is way outside the norm and simply can't be chalked up to anything other than bad luck or something out of our control.

A55VA6

Legend
According to Nick Wagoner: "An eerie bit of coincidence on the Rams' ACL injuries: Sam Bradford's two tears came 307 days apart. Jake Long's came 308 days apart."

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
As far as next season hard to imagine that the Rams planing to play Jake Long back @ OLT for the cost of that cap hit of 10.5 million. Jake Long's value has taken a serious free fall. All these surgeries have taken his elite abilities down to average OLT performances. You do not take a 10 .5 cap hit for a average declining OLT if you do not have too. I would think that that figure of 2.5 mil hit in dead money will be enticing in comparison to the 10'5 mil cap hit & just go with the younger Greg Robinson from this point on.

Meaning that we need a new OLG from somewhere either Saffold returns to OLG to assist Robinson @ OLT meaning Joseph remains @ ORG (pure awful play performance) not a good situation. I would bench Joseph & let Mike Person work the OLG post and Saffold remain @ ORG myself. Person & Robinson worked those posts through-out TC & pre season might as well work that plan. I have seen enough of Joseph!