Rams cuts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The trade for Carrier was for a 2018 7th rounder.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I assume he's a inline tight end?
Comments from Skins fans I've read is he's a good blocker with good hands. Doesn't sound like the athlete our other 2 TE are but still a good player/depth.

Edit: It's clear if nothing else was for us that McVay doesn't value Harkey like a lot of people around here do.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Comments from Skins fans I've read is he's a good blocker with good hands. Doesn't sound like the athlete our other 2 TE are but still a good player/depth.

Edit: It's clear if nothing else was for us that McVay doesn't value Harkey like a lot of people around here do.

I won't pretend to know how McVay values Harkey, but Cory was quite effective blocking for Gurley's excellent rookie season. Last year, Fisher forgot Harkey was even on the roster and Gurley's numbers went south in a big way. Harkey's reliable receiving skills have far outpaced those of Carrier to date, so yes, some of us here have seen some value in Harkey's past performances. jmo.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
everyone keeps saying Carrier=no more harkey, but why cant they keep both? For an offense that like using its TEs, its quite likely they keep 4 TEs, especially with one being a FB too

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I won't pretend to know how McVay values Harkey, but Cory was quite effective blocking for Gurley's excellent rookie season. Last year, Fisher forgot Harkey was even on the roster and Gurley's numbers went south in a big way. Harkey's reliable receiving skills have far outpaced those of Carrier to date, so yes, some of us here have seen some value in Harkey's past performances. jmo.
Harkey wasn't solely responsible for Gurley's bad 2016 lets be honest here. Harkey is ok and he's a decent blocker. We hardly heard all off season anything positive about Harkey from McVay but we heard McVay talk about all the other TE being play makers and doing good in blocking too. I don't know his mind either but he's laid bread crumbs down for us for months about what he wants from our TE.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
everyone keeps saying Carrier=no more harkey, but why cant they keep both? For an offense that like using its TEs, its quite likely they keep 4 TEs, especially with one being a FB too

IDK why everyone is wanting to get rid of Cory so badly and quickly. Dude isn't a superstar by any means but he's a big guy that can block. And that's important for goal lines, 2nd and 1s, max protect etc. You saw how Gerald Everett and Tyler Higbee did against Khalil Mack.

And the guy has the body of an NFL player. Sam Rodgers, not so much.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
IDK why everyone is wanting to get rid of Cory so badly and quickly. Dude isn't a superstar by any means but he's a big guy that can block. And that's important for goal lines, 2nd and 1s, max protect etc. You saw how Gerald Everett and Tyler Higbee did against Khalil Mack.

And the guy has the body of an NFL player. Sam Rodgers, not so much.
I'll just throw it out there, because I may have missed it. Harkey, in addition to the things listed above, has been a core special teamer, and a good one. Does anyone know if Carrier is a good teamer?

Don't mess with Bones guys.