Rams cuts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Damn, they killed them....

Forrest and Harkey, not huge surprises, but surprised me. I think everyone else was pretty much expected by me.

Crap you beat me to it. You younger, faster guys .... :alien::LOL:

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
Really surprised about Josh Forrest... He played well last year before he got heard...he made some plays in the preseason as well..

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Really surprised about Josh Forrest... He played well last year before he got heard...he made some plays in the preseason as well..
I think we just really had a lot of depth at the position, and we haven't even seen Barron yet. I like Forrest though.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
I think we just really had a lot of depth at the position, and we haven't even seen Barron yet. I like Forrest though.

Forrest doesn't fit the prototype of an outside guy in Wade's defense.... doesn't really fit the prototype of an inside guy in Wade's offense... although he made plays, I guess they just felt like they needed guys who fit their system better.. You keep Grigsby and Hager over Josh as inside linebackers... eh... hope that's not a mistake.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I hate that we cut Forrest. I really thought he could be a future starter in the middle.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Forrest was probably the best performing linebacker this preseason. A little pissed off. He'll find a job quickly no problem.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Forrest doesn't fit the prototype of an outside guy in Wade's defense.... doesn't really fit the prototype of an inside guy in Wade's offense... although he made plays, I guess they just felt like they needed guys who fit their system better.. You keep Grigsby and Hager over Josh as inside linebackers... eh... hope that's not a mistake.
I think Grigsby has some juice. He just needs a little time. And I think Forrest was more of a regime, keep the rookies cut.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
So some of these guys were waived/injury (Spruce for one). Got to be able to play to make the team!

How does this affect the player? Is that just a notice to the rest of the league the guy has an injury or is there something else going on?

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Looks like they kept only eight offensive linemen - Whitworth, Saffold, Sullivan, JBrown, Havenstein, DWilliams, Donnal, and Blythe.

They have to be looking for someone else via waivers, no?

Also, currently only 23 on offense ... Seems unbalanced, which would also seem to indicate more help is coming on the line ...

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My PS list but I've been wrong before :)

G/C Eldrenkamp
LB Forrest
CB Jordan
TE Wilson
LB McKinzy
WR Cannon
DL Purcell
CB Penton
RB Rodgers
OT Dunn (or somebody from another roster)

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Looks like they kept only eight offensive linemen - Whitworth, Saffold, Sullivan, JBrown, Havenstein, DWilliams, Donnal, and Blythe.

They have to be looking for someone else via waivers, no?

Also, currently only 23 on offense ... Seems unbalanced, which would also seem to indicate more help is coming on the line ...

How many players on the roster right now? The full 53?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
There is a reason that DW was not seen much in RT but primary LT....he can not play RT well enough to be our swing OT.....however he is a good back up for ONE OL post LT & that's not a bad thing DW has won a MRP!
100% correct in addition he is also a good swing OG we get a 3 post interior OL'er from the Kromer clan to build our future OL on ....he's a keeper!
Darrell Williams IMO is not a weak LT reserve. Many may be have his performances @ RT stuck in their brain cells We should count our lucky stars that Kromer is a "deep thinker" & figured out DW strengths & his weaknesses.
DW is a fine technician who is built for the LT post.
I had him as a cut a few weeks back no better than any WWC by the end of this day has no ball skills .
Our Nickels & Dimes will not come from the outside corner unit. Wade has been using safeties all TC & pre season long in those positions. Wade could go with only 4 boundary corners. NRC/ Johnson/ Webster/ (Peterson/Hatfield). Wade utilized Johnson, Lamarcus Joyner, Blake Countess in the Nickle & Dimes with Cody Davis in control of the FS post.

The thing about Williams is he is so young & is playing the 2nd toughest position to learn in The NFL.
Same with Goff being so young & getting experience with full 1st team reps.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
My PS list but I've been wrong before :)

G/C Eldrenkamp
LB Forrest
CB Jordan
TE Wilson
LB McKinzy
WR Cannon
DL Purcell
CB Penton
RB Rodgers
OT Dunn (or somebody from another roster)
I like it, but I don't know about Rodgers. I don't think he's big enough, showed enough.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
upload_2017-9-2_13-38-29.png