Rams cuts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Early cut. He will be safe if they want him on the PS. With the Hemingway injury I thought they might keep Sam.
Guess MvVay saw what we saw that our TE's do not like blocking contact & are far to important & elite to be involved in grunt work.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Ward’s four-year, $22.5 million contract will expire after the 2017 season. Instead of losing him in free agency next summer, Denver could perhaps deal him for an extra draft pick before the start of the regular season. Trading Ward would also free up around $4.5 million in salary cap space.

http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/201...trading-t-j-ward-would-make-sense-nfl-rumors/

One year or two year deal for Rams?
They already released Ward.

He is free to deal with any team he wants now as a vet.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Wait..... move somebody back into a pure coverage role because his coverage is terrible? I'm confused.
Playing inside and outside is much different for him, anyway.

Have you seen him try to cover somebody outside?

I can't explain it but he sucks as a cornerback, sucks as a free safety but looks okay in the slot.

Ram65

Legend
They already released Ward.

He is free to deal with any team he wants now as a vet.

Thanks I knew that. I was giving some info on what his salary and contract was before his release. It's reported the Rams are interested in him. He will be 31 in Dec.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Not to sound like a celebrator of players getting cut but Mike Jordan was overrated (even by myself pre-camp) and Sam Rogers was in the mold of Nelson Spruce (another player I overrated that likely gets cut) are wrapped up in the fan favorite blue collar wrapping easy to root for type.

When I re-watched the G-BAY game last night, I thought Jordan looked very ordinary and didn't take that 2nd year step up in class that was expected of him in a game of that caliber.

The G-Bay game was chance for him to shut down his competition because it was vs 3rd string bubble players and for what ever the reasons, Jordan looked like a first year UDFA.

If this was a Jeff Fisher coached team, I would be surprised by some of the cuts this year but under McVay and Wade, I will not be shocked by one single released player this year.

Will I be caught off guard a little bit? Yes but not at all surprised by any of the coming cuts because this new regime is on a different level.

The film review of all player snaps compiled by McVay and his staff for all of the 2nd string and bubble players throughout training camp and preseason, is an angle and perception us fans will always be susceptible for missing key clues and hidden facts.

Those film reviews and coaching staff sessions screed all the flaws scheme fits and reveal hidden intangibles about players that none of us can ever see unless we were involved in those round table discussions.

02-16-2014-expecting-the-unexpected-web.jpg

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Thanks I knew that. I was giving some info on salary and contract in reference to his release. It's reported the Rams are interested in him. He will be 31 in Dec.
Cool.
I think the man can still play but personally think we have enough stopgap veterans and not much in the way of cap room.

Ram65

Legend
Why do you keep saying early cut? There's only one round of cuts.
I think he means "early" in the process because this is going to go on all the way til midnight. :D

The cut time deadline is 4PM ET.

In past when teams want to get a player to the PS they wait until the last minute to cut them. Teams may not have as much maneuverability the later it gets to take your guy. Lot's happen around the 4PM mark so waiting could help.

Psycho_X

Legend
Was super excited about Rogers when we drafted him but looked down right ordinary to bad in preseason games. And smaller than I thought he was. Maybe he can grow on the ps but not surprised to see him go. All though, I didn't really think he should have been drafted. More of a udfa prospect but oh well.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Was super excited about Rogers when we drafted him but looked down right ordinary to bad in preseason games. And smaller than I thought he was. Maybe he can grow on the ps but not surprised to see him go. All though, I didn't really think he should have been drafted. More of a udfa prospect but oh well.

Might be too that the LOS TE Temarrick Hemingway injury played a big part in this FB release & the TE/FB Cory Harkey getting lucky here. Harkey's blocking even after a very average game in GB is far better than Higbee & Everett.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
The cut time deadline is 4PM ET.

In past when teams want to get a player to the PS they wait until the last minute to cut them. Teams may not have as much maneuverability the later it gets to take your guy. Lot's happen around the 4PM mark so waiting could help.
Ah. I thought I read midnight.

A55VA6

Legend
It's a possibility. But where does Ward play? Moe plays SS. Do you move him back to FS?
If Rams signed Ward (which i actually think is unlikely) i would assume Joyner would play some CB. Having guys like Joyner, J.Johnson, Christian, etc. who can play CB and safety are very valuable.