Rams Beat Vikes CELEBRATION THREAD

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
To be fair, Stafford got away with some "shoulda been" picks before the Vikings finally started coming down with them. Stafford could have had 5 easy.
He is an awesome talent but he definitely has some bad tendencies with regard to his ints this year.

His pick that was tipped? He was throwing to a triple covered Higbee. Had that not been tipped it might have been a pick 6 (every QB gets lucky sometimes though)
Yeah.. it was just a bad, bad, bad game.

He's very, very fortunate that the D, Michel and Special Teams bailed him out today, because that's what happened.

Bkfld_Rams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A8232AD3-8FBE-44C0-90B2-79A6442033BB.gif

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
some are legit comments for sure.... but some of the comments are just over dramatic crying.

Some people really just cant mentally handle things when they go wrong,
Yes, if you say McVay should be fired, or they should cut Stafford etc...then yeah that's absurd. However, I think we are big boys here and can look past that nonsense.

However, if you point out repeated mistakes by a position group or player, that continues to hurt the team, then there is no problem if you express your view on that problem and other fans should be able to deal with that commentary without melting.

Last edited:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Second INT was Stafford being hit as he tried to hit Jefferson deep.

it's funny how he got angry at jefferson for not fighting for the ball.

the poor guy looked around expecting the ball to be in his wingspan then saw it 5 yards behind him. not sure what stafford expected from him there.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John

the poor guy looked around expecting the ball to be in his wingspan then saw it 5 yards behind him. not sure what stafford expected from him there.

From my seat I thought Jefferson didn't fight for the ball either. And it looked like he had plenty of time to at least be a defender.

After the replay I did not change my mind.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I'm still dying laughing over here it's just priceless entertainment around here. Not sure what's funnier though if people honestly think some of the idiotic comments in the GDT are honest criticism because they sure come off like my 16 year old niece in one of those teen girl moments :D
That's pretty insulting comment. Thought this was the celebration thread but that's not really what your doing.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm glad the shit I yell at the TV doesn't end up in the GDT. So in general I at least try not to criticize the insanity lol. We all lose our shit I am sure watching the games from time to time.
“Losin’ yur shyte is something I learned while hot-racking my way across the fleet.” ~ Merlin

Ellard80

Legend

If thats what stafford was mad about he had a bad angle.. was all the way across the field. Might have looked closer from his bad angle.

However I think if Stafford doesnt get hit their that might have been a TD.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's pretty insulting comment. Thought this was the celebration thread but that's not really what your doing.
And I'm not surprised that you waded past several other comments critical of negative posts in the GDT to complain about me.

GBRam15

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
GBRam15
I know we can be Chicken Littles during Game Day Threads but I think the shit talking criticism of Stafford during the game was 100% warranted. I'm stoked we won and think we have a chance to go pretty damn far with our defense showing progress and no clear cut favorite in the NFC.

That being said, Stafford played like dog shit for 3 quarters. These types of games won't cut it in the playoffs and I'm seriously concerned about Stafford's decisions on the field.

I'm here celebrating and trying to live in the moment. I'm enjoying some leftover holiday beers and have tomorrow off. I also know our draft capital is low for the foreseeable and would hate to see Stafford blow it in the playoffs with some Goff like interceptions.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
If thats what stafford was mad about he had a bad angle.. was all the way across the field. Might have looked closer from his bad angle.

However I think if Stafford doesnt get hit their that might have been a TD.
I think it was well covered with two players and Stafford didn't have a good angle to see it.
He's thrown Ints like that more than once, this year, so I don't think we need to piece too much together. Bad decision. Bad throw.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Yes and I criticized him for those things Bad. What I don't like is over the top stupidity/overreactions.

Also if we're gonna count "should have" INTs then we should count "should have" TDs too. That first one to Odell and the one to Kupp (that was in triple coverage btw) that was actually placed right on him but Kupp couldn't bring it in.

The difference between Stafford and Goff is that when Stafford has a bad game it's because he gets too aggressive and overdoes the contested throws. When Goff has a bad game it's because he melts down and can't get through reads or anticipate blitzes or pressure for shit.

I'm not comparing Stafford to Goff. That ship sailed. Both have some skills but Stafford has more. Period.
I'm not knocking him. I'm not overreacting or anything like that.

I do expect better decision making - because if he puts that aspect of his game together, he'll check every box I care about. Until then I'll celebrate all he does right and continue to hope he improves the decision making. He's been a game changer all year. Today the team won inspite of him. And that's okay. Good teams can do that.

Ellard80

Legend
I thought it was one of our best days at covering kickoffs and punts....

and we finally recovered an onside kick.,..

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
From my seat I thought Jefferson didn't fight for the ball either. And it looked like he had plenty of time to at least be a defender.

After the replay I did not change my mind.

after reading your post i decided to have another look at it. i'm sorry i don't agree. he didn't see the ball till late and had no chance to come back and attack it.

look at 7:26 mark.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
I understand that people vent in game threads - ive been there done that.

But some of the comments get laughable.
They do, it's a game day thread during a stressful event.

I just read through it. Man are you right about that! Unimpressive.

Reminded me of the Vent Thread following the Packers' game.
I am seeing more comments about the comments than any celebration.

One other thing that needs to be acknowledged, is McVay's play calling the last few weeks. For a coach that takes a lot of flack for not running the ball enough, he has been pounding the rock for the last month. When we had Gurley and a healthy Akers we would have games like this of just pounding away. If McVay trusts the RB in the backfield he wont hesitate to run the ball.
I agree 50% on this because we had a good run day and I'll take it of course, but how many times did they pass in a situation where they were killing them with the ground game. I can't count how many times in run situations I saw 4 passes......(talking about even when Kupp or Higbee saved us on 3rd downs......but still a good to great run day!

I saw things like McVay can never win a super bowl.... shit about Goff... morris..

It wasn't one of the worse game threads I never saw - but its a really common theme.

When things start going south - a group of posters will always start jumping to some dramatic conclusions about everything.

She when we were 7-4 the sky was falling for some many people - and all it takes is a couple turnovers and then there they are again.
Interesting......Rams fans turning their frustration on fellow posters and fans who don't do it how they like. Interesting.

I'm still dying laughing over here it's just priceless entertainment around here. Not sure what's funnier though if people honestly think some of the idiotic comments in the GDT are honest criticism because they sure come off like my 16 year old niece in one of those teen girl moments :D

Irony........

personal attacks on fellow rams fans in a general discussion forum during a stressful event..............hmmmm, irony it is.
Find where I said it was… the board has standards and I agreed with Ellard80, some fans are over the top.

Lots of hyperbole and exaggeration.

There are other boards for the whining and bitching at Rams players.
I keep seeing this here....fans telling other fans they have to do it their way. I also keep seeing fans saying do it our way or go somewhere else................I guess it's still 2021.....people need to exert control over others to get their jollies. Oh well, its discussion forum for fans, (hmmm, what does the word fan come from? What's that definition again?)

Ellard80

Legend
I agree 50% on this because we had a good run day and I'll take it of course, but how many times did they pass in a situation where they were killing them with the ground game. I can't count how many times in run situations I saw 4 passes......(talking about even when Kupp or Higbee saved us on 3rd downs......but still a good to great run day!

Interesting......Rams fans turning their frustration on fellow posters and fans who don't do it how they like. Interesting.

Irony........

personal attacks on fellow rams fans in a general discussion forum during a stressful event..............hmmmm, irony it is.

I keep seeing this here....fans telling other fans they have to do it their way. I also keep seeing fans saying do it our way or go somewhere else................I guess it still is 2021.....people need exert control over overs to get their jollies. Oh well, its discussion forum for fans, (hmmm, what does the word fan come from? What's that definition again?)

People can fan however they want to - its just ironic to me when i see the same posters call players and coaches "soft" when they themselves fall apart mentally when any adversity hits.