Rams Beat Vikes CELEBRATION THREAD

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Cards_-_CINReds_Red_Text_Uncensored_large.jpg
LOL...

That Christmas Day game was a dagger for AZ sports media. They not happy with that team...

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I don't think so. You're revisiting Goff for no reason other than your own desire to be right. Some things never change.

Let's talk this game.

First INT was all on Stafford, he did not see Barr in his drop. Forced the ball when he got pressure from Shelton's defender.

Second INT was Stafford being hit as he tried to hit Jefferson deep.

Third INT was tipped at the LOS.

His miss to Odell on the intermediate route pissed me off. That was probably 7 if it's on time and money.

Read this board and some posters namely yourself and it sounds like he just had the worst game a Rams QB has ever had. But truth is he made a big mistake, missed a few open throws, and had some guys drop or not come through on some other throws.

I'm not buying your BS dude. Hope you and Goff are happy in your future together.
You are trying too hard to exonerate him and pulling the strawman Goff argument out of your ***.

He makes way too many mistakes for an uber talented 12 yr vet. Looks like a journeyman at times with his decision making. He forced that Int he was hit on into coverage and did so on 3rd and short. Dumb!

The tip was a poor pass... A lack of awareness on that play. Have to see the traffic in front of him on that play. Plus, he had a few others that easily could have been picked. He single handily kept the Vikes in the game. I doubt other QBs would get the same pass you are giving Stafford.

Having said that, he is definitely more talented then most QBs, my point is that his ability is diminished by his hero ball play where the end result may not be much of an upgrade over a game manager type QB and that is maddening. He is allowed to check down to get a first down. He should be capable of throwing it away when nothing is there and your team is actually controlling the game.

I don't think McVay expected to have to be dealing with this type of thing from such a veteran QB when he made this deal.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Ill say that Stafford is more of a gunslinger - and Goff does play more conservative... but still turns it over as much or maybe even more.

So ill take the dude that throws touchdowns and makes big plays over the guy that plays it safe but still turns it over.

Cant believe you just got me to talk about Goff in this thread. - ugh fucking ugh.
Never said I would take Goff. That's another strawman argument... I am just disappointed that we still have to hold our breath for the possible bad decision from a 12 yr vet after giving up more first round picks.

I am hopeful he will be better in that dept next yr. Maybe McVay can coach those bad habits out of him, but the old dog new trick thing is more likely the issue there.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
You are trying too hard to exonerate him and pulling the strawman Goff argument out of your ***.

He makes way too many mistakes for an uber talented 12 yr vet. Looks like a journeyman at times with his decision making. He forced that Int he was hit on into coverage and did so on 3rd and short. Dumb!

The tip was a poor pass... A lack of awareness on that play. Have to see the traffic in front of him on that play. Plus, he had a few others that easily could have been picked. He single handily kept the Vikes in the game. I doubt other QBs would get the same pass you are giving Stafford.

Having said that, he is definitely more talented then most QBs, my point is that his ability is diminished by his hero ball play where the end result may not be much of an upgrade over a game manager type QB and that is maddening. He is allowed to check down to get a first down. He should be capable of throwing it away when nothing is there and your team is actually controlling the game.

I don't think McVay expected to have to be dealing with this type of thing from such a veteran QB when he made this deal.
Seems right... and it also seems McVay hasn't been able to recognize that for himself. Notice how many of these turnovers are pass plays deep in Rams territory when the run game is working.

One thing I have to admit... McVay has one reliable running back right now, so.. I don't think he can give it to Michel 40 times.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I‘ll take this win anyway we got it. The Vikes were a thorn in my fandom during my youth and I haven’t forgiven them!!!!!!! WTG RAMS!!!!!!

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Agreed. Jefferson is going to get throws like that from Stafford plain and simple. If you can't play the ball you're not gonna be a fit.

That said the ball was off target in part because Stafford got hit when he threw it. But yeah in that situation or when he throws up a jump ball tracking it and fighting for it helps out your QB.

And of course I have high hopes for Jefferson. I think he can grow into that just like I think Stafford can get a lot better in this offense.

You bet your ass. :clinkingbeer:
Yeah, we now resort to jump balls from the QB on games we are in control of.

Brilliant!

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
A few random reactions:

Rams had some lucky bounces today. Vikes coulda had a couple more INT's if not for drops.

Stafford was off for much of the day and had a bad game, but glad he fought through it and made some clutch throws too.

Alaric freaking Jackson? Wow, great job by our 4th stringer at LT. (Whit Boom Edwards ahead of him)

OL depth on this team is freaking amazing, who woulda thunk it. Coleman Shelton!!

SO GLAD that McVay sees what we see and is willing to ride Sony. Freaking bowling ball out there! Our offense is so much more functional with his steady presence.

That 99 guy is kinda good.

First place? Wow.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Where did Brandon Powell come from?
He was a rookie in Detroit with Stafford then on Atlanta the next couple years and Morris knew him there. Maybe he was another Hekker reference too? :D But Stafford talks about knowing him from Detroit and in his post game presser Kupp talked up his work ethic bigtime. If you've got Kupp in your corner you're good to go in my book.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Hendy's knee "bend" didn't look good to me. I fear we'll find out he's out at least 3 weeks.
Dude, aren't you the guy who had to eat major crow when Big Whit came back sooner than you expected last year?

Stick to posting great highlight videos of your prowess in the OFFL (Old Fart Football League), cuz you stink at predicting recovery times!

Cheers RamBro :laugh1::beer2:

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Rams top last year's win total.. with two more to go and a good chance to win the division for first time since '18.

Good stuff.

And, other than the Stafford performance today, the teams seems to be getting better and better in all phases.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Happy to have a win any way we can get it - and it’s awesome that this team can overcome bad QB play.

If we are going to nitpick - and we are - McV’s play design is top notch. His play calling - could use a bit of work. I feel like I can predict all too often what we are going to see - and I know many of you do too. If we can see it coming, surely defenses can. I would like to see a bit more unpredictability. What ever happened to the jet sweep? It’s been forever it seems like.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Rams top last year's win total.. with two more to go and a good chance to win the division for first time since '18.

Good stuff.

And, other than the Stafford performance today, the teams seems to be getting better and better in all phases.
Concerned about Jones. His play has lifted the D a notch it seems to me, luckily Howard stepped up, but Jones could be special. Hopefully he is back soon.

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler
Stafford didn’t play well but McVay does him no favors with the play calling sometimes. He came out at halftime and told the sideline reporter he wanted to establish the run, yet 3 of his first 4 play calls were passes…2 resulted in picks. You could argue neither was Stafford’s fault—he got hit as he released the ball to Jefferson and the other was tipped at the line. BUT, he was off today on several other throws. Missed OBJ a couple times. He’s got to be better (and I think he will be).

But I actually think it’s a good sign that this team can win a game vs a desperate team on the road (on 4 days rest!) when Stafford plays this poorly. It’s hard to say McVay should’ve given Sony more touches when he finished with 27 carries, but I think if he sticks with the run earlier in the game, we win this game by 14+. The Ravens will be a great measuring stick for our run game because they are top 3 in the league in rush D. They’ve locked up a lotta really good backs. I think Dalvin Cook is the only one that’s really gotten loose on them.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The reality of the trade is that Stafford is better than Goff. He is able to make throws Goff couldn't. He handles pressure better. But he isn't an elite QB. We were hoping we'd get a QB who wouldn't be prone to having games where he is a walking turnover machine or can't hit the layups with consistency. But Stafford, like Goff, is prone to games like that. Hopefully, he gets them out of his system in the regular season. When he's playing to his potential, he's special. We just need four games of him playing to that potential or near it when the playoffs roll around.
Happy to have a win any way we can get it - and it’s awesome that this team can overcome bad QB play.

If we are going to nitpick - and we are - McV’s play design is top notch. His play calling - could use a bit of work. I feel like I can predict all too often what we are going to see - and I know many of you do too. If we can see it coming, surely defenses can. I would like to see a bit more unpredictability. What ever happened to the jet sweep? It’s been forever it seems like.
We gave Kupp a jet sweep this week, and we gave Van Jefferson one last week, IIRC.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
We gave Kupp a jet sweep this week, and we gave Van Jefferson one last week, IIRC.
Yeah. It feels like the jet sweep motion itself is accomplishing what McVay wants. I think the recent carries are just McVay making sure that teams have to account for it.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
We can't afford turnovers in the playoffs.

If the playoffs started tomorrow, we'd be playing the whiners at home and based on past performances, I'd rather be a wildcard play at Arizona.