Rams Backup QB Situation?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When you start playing with the numbers, there's just no way we can keep three QBs. I think Perkins ends up on the practice squad....no team will be prepared to make him their primary backup and I could be wrong here, but I don't see a team wanting to keep him as a third right now. He's not starting material with that arm. His ceiling is a good backup that can not lose you games, but he's probably not even there yet. Love what he's done, but easy cut decision for us.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I just don't see Perkins bringing enough value to the roster to keep a space for him when confronted by some of the other possible choices.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Because it's a message board. Thanks for your input though; I'll make sure it is noted.

I've been a Rams fan for nearly fifty years. I've enjoyed this site for the last eight of those. The main reason I've enjoyed it is because we're all here just to shoot the shit about a team we have in common.

So, no offense, but just click "ignore" on me and fuck off if you don't want my comments.
I quoted you but this goes to both of you. This behavior is not what this bored is about and needs to stop. All retaliatory commenting does is breed more negativity just quit attacking each other and be grown men with different opinions

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I know it sounds crazy, but I'd still like to see Perkins lined up as a RB. I don't know if he can catch well, but he can run and shed tackles. He'd be our biggest RB as he is damn near Dickerson's size. I'd like to know if he adds more value to our team as a RB who can throw or as a QB who can run ? I'm not particularly enthused by any of our RB's outside of Akers & Henderson, ... and we didn't quite hit 3 YPC yesterday, and last years YPC were pretty pathetic also. jmo.
Was just telling my son that... he is Dickerson's size. Put him in the lab, add some muscle and turn him into a RB next yr. Great gadget player to.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Was just telling my son that... he is Dickerson's size. Put him in the lab, add some muscle and turn him into a RB next yr. Great gadget player to.
Why wait until next year ? Get him some RB snaps next week and see what he might bring. jmo.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I don't see why people think Perkins should be cut or our number 3 QB. I think Wolf should be the one that has to prove himself at this point. To me, that guy has shown nothing. Make him earn the job.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I don't see why people think Perkins should be cut or our number 3 QB. I think Wolf should be the one that has to prove himself at this point. To me, that guy has shown nothing. Make him earn the job.

Um, ... were you attending training camp with @VeteranRamFan & @bubbaramfan ?
Their reporting was quite different than what you are suggesting.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
He has shown the coaches everything they need to see, which is all that matters.
Suggesting he hasn’t earned the job shows very little faith in the team.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
It was apparent in TC why Wolford isn't going to play pre-season. He clearly was a much better QB in TC than Perkins and McVay isn't going to risk his #2 QB.

I didn't see anything Perkins did last night to move himself ahead of Wolford. If it wasn't for a bunch of PI flags Rams would have lost.

How many WR's did Perkins connect with? Two? First read covered, then he runs.

I really do wish Wolford would play in pre-season so folks could see the difference between the two.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Yes, the guy with a 50 QB rating in the actual games he's played in. Let's bubble wrap him in the pre-season because he's SOOOOO valuable. I'd say he needs to play in the next preseason game and actually do something.

I'll rely on McVay's process for evaluation, not yours.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yes, the guy with a 50 QB rating in the actual games he's played in. Let's bubble wrap him in the pre-season because he's SOOOOO valuable. I'd say he needs to play in the next preseason game and actually do something.
McVay's probably afraid he'll run head first into a DL and get a concussion.

I mean Perkins should by all rights have one after his night. One was on a hell of a play but he also ran straight into a clump of defenders and didn't slide. Same shit that ended Wolf's brief playoff experience.

Rams need to do a better job coaching their QBs to slide.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why wait until next year ? Get him some RB snaps next week and see what he might bring. jmo.
especially the way the current RB crop tends to find itself on the IR . can never have enough backups in the skill positions.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
All camp reports have been that Wolford looks much sharper in camp than Perkins.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
It was apparent in TC why Wolford isn't going to play pre-season. He clearly was a much better QB in TC than Perkins and McVay isn't going to risk his #2 QB.

I didn't see anything Perkins did last night to move himself ahead of Wolford. If it wasn't for a bunch of PI flags Rams would have lost.

How many WR's did Perkins connect with? Two? First read covered, then he runs.

I really do wish Wolford would play in pre-season so folks could see the difference between the two.
I feel for guys like Landon Akers and JJ Koski, who are trying to put some tape together to get noticed by other teams. Have to make a freakish catch to have a chance.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Yeah, he spends alllll the time in the film room, so McVay loves him. I could study film too, but that doesn't mean I can play QB.

Nor does it mean you can evaluate QB's as well as McVay either, ... or for that matter, those who attended & reported from training camp.
jmo.