PREGAME Rams at Bengals Pregame Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Love McVay as a coach, but that gravelly, hoarse voice is grating after awhile. Makes me wonder how much of that would come through as an announcer. It's hard to listen to.
Agreed. Love McVay, but he just talks sooooooo much. That rasp is just his throat saying, please.... Stahp!!!

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Gnats at 13? :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:
Jets at #9? Maybe with Rodgers. Washington at #15, Packers at #18? I can see the top 5. In between the top 5 and the bottom 5, it's mostly a blur at this point. Which is why I SMH at schedule predicting prior to the season.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
Love McVay as a coach, but that gravelly, hoarse voice is grating after awhile. Makes me wonder how much of that would come through as an announcer. It's hard to listen to.
How I so miss Martz, Linehan, Spagnolo and Fishers press conferences.

They were SO much easier on the ears. :zany1:

oldnotdead

Legend
If the offense begins to roll the game could be over early. If the defense plays as well as they did against the Hawks, the game won't be close. Why the Bengals are favored makes no sense. They have a gimpy QB and Stafford is 100%. Their defense struggled with Kupp and now the Rams have Puka and Atwell. The Ram OL is the best it's been in years.

IMO the Seahawks are probably a better team than the Bengals right now. They've struggle to get pressure with their DL and they aren't a big blitzing team. They try to buy time with their secondary which the first two weeks has struggled. Their LBs are covering gaps to contain the run particularly on early downs. If the Rams pass on first down and get into second and short or medium it's going to stress that defense. It's designed to stuff early down runs and have good secondary play to stop second and third down passing.

The Rams offense we have seen this year will be a problem for them. This OL should be able to stone their pass rush. Stafford should have time to cook. That's why I don't expect a close game. The only way it's close is if the Rams self destruct with turnovers and penalties. If the Rams play a clean game they win.

If they roll out Browning the key is simply don't make things easy for him. Don't let Browning get into a rhythm. When he's good he's good, so the ideal would be to keep him uncomfortable the entire game. From what I'm hearing it sounds like they will start Browning and not risk their franchise QB getting run over by Aaron. Even if they go 0-3 they can come back from the brink with a healthy Burrows and contend for a wildcard. If Burrows gets hurt worse he could be gone for most of the season. Taylor would be foolish to gamble his season with a gimply QB against an OL that had problems against Donald and doesn't seem improved this year.

The Rams simply need to come out and play their offense, and the defense needs to play aggressively. Do that and I see this game as a Ram win.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I would like to see the secondary tighten up if Browning is at QB and not give him easy completions on those short throws.

JYB

Starter
How I so miss Martz, Linehan, Spagnolo and Fishers press conferences.

They were SO much easier on the ears. :zany1:
Lol. I see your blue font, SWA -- those coaches were very hard to listen to, but in quite a different way, of course. :laugh3:

McVay is VERY media savvy, a great communicator and has a likeable personality. It's just that gravelly voice -- it's harsh and not easy to listen to.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I have no idea if Burrow will play. But I would not be surprised if he does play. They're 0-2. Already two division losses. It might be to the point where they have to take a risk in order to avoid falling further behind.

I'm pretty sure before the season Bengal fans had this one circled as a win. Heck, I had us losing this one a few weeks ago. But its the NFL. Things change fast. Bengals are looking vulnerable. Rams are looking much better than expected.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Lol. I see your blue font, SWA -- those coaches were very hard to listen to, but in quite a different way, of course. :laugh3:

McVay is VERY media savvy, a great communicator and has a likeable personality. It's just that gravelly voice -- it's harsh and not easy to listen to.
Better than listening to a Doc Rivers press conference, at least!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Backup QB's have been the Rams cryptonite. Rather Burrow just plays.
Yeah, if we could choose the perfect scenario, I'm down with the week #1 and #2 version of Burrow. Injured or not, he's been pretty awful

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
One thing you can count on in the NFL is that you can't count on anything. Looking at the schedule I see teams I think we should beat and teams I don't think we can beat. That was a few weeks ago. Now those teams I thought we should beat don't look like easy outs. And the teams I thought we couldn't beat are looking vulnerable. Things sure do change from week to week.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
One thing you can count on in the NFL is that you can't count on anything. Looking at the schedule I see teams I think we should beat and teams I don't think we can beat. That was a few weeks ago. Now those teams I thought we should beat don't look like easy outs. And the teams I thought we couldn't beat are looking vulnerable. Things sure do change from week to week.
That is what Seattle said..... :woozy2: