PREGAME Rams at Bengals Pregame Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler
They will be the single most desperate team in the league next Monday. We are going to have to really bring the energy and execution. They are staring 0-3 in the face with 2 AFC North losses already under their belt. Their backs are really against the wall. But I think if we can jump out early, that crowd will get restless and angry. They had the boo birds out today in the Ravens game.

Also appears Burrow’s status may be up in the air. He said he may have reaggravated his calf. He was really limping when the game ended.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Keep in mind this is their superbowl. They are also a very dirty team. Going to be a tough game. Hopefully burrow is out, that cocky POS.

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Keep in mind this is their superbowl. They are also a very dirty team. Going to be a tough game. Hopefully burrow is out, that cocky POS.

Yeah if we had played them week 1 or 2, I think we would’ve dominated. I still think we can win Monday night but I think it’s gonna be a battle (assuming Burrow plays).

But if we get up 14-0, and they are sending their punt team out for the 4th time and there is still 12:11 to play in the 2Q…oh the boo birds are coming out in full force. Big time. Then the desperation turns into anxiety and the mistakes pile up and the wheels fall off.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Is Noteboom out? Injured his ankle against the Hawks, then his shoulder against the 9ers. He's also been wearing a brace on that shoulder in recent weeks. Seems like a walking injury at this point.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Is Noteboom out? Injured his ankle against the Hawks, then his shoulder against the 9ers. He's also been wearing a brace on that shoulder in recent weeks. Seems like a walking injury at this point.
I have not watched the game over a second time yet. But Noteboom didn’t stand out as making any glaring blunders. In some instances I noticed him hitting his second level block really well.

Hopefully Anchrum just needs playing time because he looked more athletic than Joe when it came to blocking in space. He looked faster and found his targets. Once the Niners started rushing on every play in the fourth quarter, I don’t think any blame can be put on one person. It’s tough to pick up extra blitzes.

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Line opened up Rams + 6.5, now it’s down to +2. Sounds like Burrows status is really in doubt.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
This will be pivotal game for the rams. Whether Burrow plays or not we are the better team by far at this point in the season. But this is the NFL you never know when a teams light bulb is going to come on and play sound football. So the Rams need to stay focused and not dwell on the 9ers loss.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So the Rams need to stay focused and not dwell on the 9ers loss.
I don't believe they will dwell on the loss at all. I fact, I think they will realize that they hung with one of the best teams in the NFL and this will give the young guys (and the team) a huge confidence boost as the season progresses. They have to believe that they can play with any team at this point. No?

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I don't believe they will dwell on the loss at all. I fact, I think they will realize that they hung with one of the best teams in the NFL and this will give the young guys (and the team) a huge confidence boost as the season progresses. They have to believe that they can play with any team at this point. No?
Very true.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
And I think that's why McVay kicked the field goal. We played a close game, lost by 7pts. Clean up the mistakes and we are right there.

That's definitely something to build on.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
And I think that's why McVay kicked the field goal. We played a close game, lost by 7pts. Clean up the mistakes and we are right there.

That's definitely something to build on.
Coaches should do that more often in my opinion. The game was lost no matter what kind of score we were going to get on the last play so get the points, make it look better, and shore up some long-shot tie breaker stats. Plus, why not get a FG rep in live action for a K who has been shaving a lot of his kicks a little too close.

TexasRam

Legend
Burrows decision to play will go something like this:

Coach: Joe are you going to be able to give it a go?
Joe: Is Donald playing?
Coach: Yea.
Joe: Then no.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
I know it’s only 2 games in but:

Yards/Game (offense):
Rams: 2nd
Bengals: 32nd

Yards Allowed/Game:
Rams: 6th
Bengals: 28th
aaron taylor-johnson quicksilver GIF

Psycho_X

Legend
Saw that the last three Monday Night Football weeks have had...

Damar Hamlin die
Aaron Rodgers torn achilles
Nick Chubb knee twisted into paste

Please let this trend stop now.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Saw that the last three Monday Night Football weeks have had...

Damar Hamlin die
Aaron Rodgers torn achilles
Nick Chubb knee twisted into paste

Please let this trend stop now.
Agreed. No injuries. I give a safety pep talk as a Ref to the captains for youth football. Reinforce getting that helmet out of the way when you tackle so it’s engrained as they mature.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Do I prefer playing a star QB who is at substantially less than 100%, or a healthy backup?

Hmmmmm….