1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams 2012 Free Agency

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by DR RAM, Jan 6, 2012.

1. JdashSTL Well-Known Member

2. Angry Ram aka Captain RAmerica aka the OG Rammer

Seattle has big interest in him too. I'd rather him here than than there.

And Carlos Rodgers = ehh.

Finnegan = Yay. A dry yay.

3. Angry Ram aka Captain RAmerica aka the OG Rammer

4. libertadrocks Well-Known Member

+1

Jason Jones would be priority #1 for me, so that makes me happy. Stupid ass Titians, by trying to make him a DE, give us a opportunity to sign a top tier DT for a relatively cheap price.

5. Warner4Prez Mɥɐʇ┴ɥǝHǝll¿

Oooh, Tracy Porter, another injury prone CB. Snead/Fisher must have skimmed the chapter on Rams injury woes.
    Meachem would make me happy though. Could be had for a decent price and is able to stretch the field. He's done a lot of damage as an endzone threat.

6. DR RAM Rams Lifer

There it is. First signing.

7. DR RAM Rams Lifer

8. -X- Not into the whole brevity thing.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZxHAZChcYU[/youtube]

9. Steven3k New Member

Meachem to the Chargers. :fk: I thought he'd be a good addition to our receiving corps.

Edit:Tony Softli ‏ @SoftliSTL
    Chargers reach agreement with WR Robert Meachem on 4-year, $25.5 million deal, John Clayton reports. Great get by AJ Smith!

Forgot to add that in there.

10. Steven3k New Member

Brandon Lloyd is supposed to visit with the Whiners according to Adam Schefter. :amped:

Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter
    Raiders free agent WR Chaz Schilens is visiting 49ers, and Rams free agent WR Brandon Lloyd also is expected to visit San Francisco.

11. Yamahopper Well-Known Member

Twas a good day to be a FA WR.

12. JdashSTL Well-Known Member

Redskins close to signing Eddie Royal.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/w ... index.html

There goes AngryRam's fantasy :mrgreen: .

EDIT:
    Damn, I jumped the gun on that.

13. JdashSTL Well-Known Member

Cant believe Reggie Wayne went back to Indy. That shocked me. I really thought he would either be a package deal with Manning, or go to a playoff contender on his own.

14. libertadrocks Well-Known Member

Two updates:

Rams are talking to Atlanta free-agent center Todd McClure and Houston OT Wintson is scheduled to visit the Lou in the next few days

15. Angry Ram aka Captain RAmerica aka the OG Rammer

Don't be toyin w/ me and my fantasy. :razzed:

Cool. McClure is a legit vet and Wintson is really underrated.

16. Yamahopper Well-Known Member

Jim Thomas ‏ @jthom1 Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    If New England makes offer on RFA Danny Amendola, it wouldn't be a shock if the Rams didn't match. The one thing they have _ actually. .

. . .about the only thing they have at wide receiver are slot guys. Greg Salas and Austin Pettis are waiting in the wings if Amendola goes.

. . .They'd get a second round pick from Patriots if they didn't match and that would give St. Louis 5 of the top 65 picks in the draft.

Rams still hopeful on DL Jason Jones, but he leaves St. Louis without a contract. Next stop: Seattle.

Not correct RT @ProFootballTalk: Danny Amendola spotted at Patriots facility

Restricted free agent Danny Amendola spotted in New England

Posted by Evan Silva on March 15, 2012, 11:05 AM EDT

Getty Images
    Tom Curran of Comcast SportsNet New England recently speculated that the Patriots might have interest in Rams restricted free agent receiver Danny Amendola. Amendola played for new Pats offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels in St. Louis last season.

Curran’s thinking might have some merit.

Scott Zolak of 98.5 The Sports Hub/Patriots All Access tweeted Thursday morning that Amendola was spotted at a Boston bar called “The Place,” last night.

Amendola isn’t the first former undrafted free agent slot receiver type from Texas Tech in which New England may have had interest. During the 2007 offseason, the Patriots traded second- and seventh-round picks to the Dolphins to acquire Wes Welker’s rights. Like Amendola, Welker was an undrafted free agent slot receiver who played college ball for Mike Leach.

The Patriots are also scheduled to host free agent Anthony Gonzalez, another slot receiver, on Friday night.

=============================================================================

WTF

17. steferfootball Active Member

Yamahopper :(

Don't go Danny! ...remember, people considereded the Miami-NE Weller trade a bad deal for Miami.

Letting our best wideout walk for basically a third is a bad move IMO. Pettiest and Dallas haven't provided enough production to prove they are near what Danny means to this team.

*Pettis and Sallas .... dang autocorrect.

18. libertadrocks Well-Known Member

Im torn about Danny. He is undeniably our most reliable WR. That speaks to Amendola as a player as well as the sad shape of our WRs. However I see more talent and upside in Salas.

So if Danny were to go to NE, in return for for the 63rd pick, it would allow Salas to step in and possibly fulfill his potential. Plus Danny will get paid after this season. That's a hit on the cap if we retain him. The 63rd pick would be locked up cheaply for years.

19. libertadrocks Well-Known Member

20. libertadrocks Well-Known Member

Scott Wells, the former GB center, is at Rams Parks right now according to JT. Under rated player IMO. He isn't the most impressive on tape but has gotten a ton of teammate endorsements. Could be a good pickup for the right price