1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams 2012 Free Agency

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by DR RAM, Jan 6, 2012.

1. steferfootball Well-Known Member

Yeah, that is bad. Can't fork up that much for a guy who isn't top 5 at his position. Really you'd have to be Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, or Larry Fitzgerald to consider doing that for.

2. RamFan503 Grill and Brew Master

I can't see how THIS team could fork over that kind of money on any one player PERIOD. Especially someone that may very well enjoy success as a result of the players around him not the other way around as in a Fitzgerald.

3. libertadrocks Well-Known Member

According to JT Chilo Rachal is in for a visit today. Started for the 49ers prior to last year and looked very promising. Still young. Would be a nice signing to fill the hole at LG IMO

Edit: Wanted to add this: Rachal was Pro Football Focus' top run-blocking guard in 2010

4. Ramhusker Well-Known Member Pit Boss

Sounds like he could be had for a favorable price. What happened to him last year?

5. libertadrocks Well-Known Member

"Benched for poor play". He had an awful first half against the Bengals last year. He gave up a couple sacks and committed a couple penalties.

His knock has always been in pass protection. Im not going to sugar coat it... he's not good. However he is dominant in the run game. He still played in the 49ers heavy sets after he was benched.

Worst case scenario he is a guy we can plug into our heavy sets. He should be relatively cheap. Best case he becomes competent in pass pro, he's still 26, and we have one heck of a OG. Signing him would also give us some freedom. We are kinda backed into a corner now because we have no one to play LG.

6. Ramhusker Well-Known Member Pit Boss

We gave up on Bell? Isn't he still on roster?

7. -X- I'm the dude, man.

No, they haven't re-signed him.

8. libertadrocks Well-Known Member

JT:
    Quinn Ojinnaka was with us last year early.

9. libertadrocks Well-Known Member

We signed Quinn Ojinnaka. Pretty quick considering our interest in him was only acknowledged 5 minutes ago

10. -X- I'm the dude, man.

Good. I liked Quinn Ojinn last year.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

11. Ramhusker Well-Known Member Pit Boss

OK, there's a piece.

Now, let's go get the best OLB available. Who is that?

Jo Lonn Dunbar?

Erin Henderson?

Someone else?

12. DR RAM Rams Lifer

I was shocked when he was cut over others....

I saw him play on a Monday night game last year and he played RT, he was outstanding that night under heavy fire.

Quinn is very versatile, probably not signed as a starter, but I could be wrong (rarely happens, LOL). Rams threw him in at center in a preseason game and he had never played there, he did well. He's not overpowering, but he's smart, and quick, and pretty athletic. I like the signing, I think he will be on the active roster, our last years Goldberg if you will.

13. -X- I'm the dude, man.

My sentiments exactly. I sure as hell didn't see him as a liability the few times I saw him play.

14. libertadrocks Well-Known Member

Rams have reportedly shown interest in a semi-big name. Marion Barber. Would be the back up RB of course. Not real thrilled about the potential of bringing him in. He doesnt bring anything to the table that we dont already have in SJ.

Roto:
    Would rather see us grab a scat back. FA market is pretty thin in that area tho(Except T. Choice who I dont care much for). Kevin Smith may be a nice flyer. Heck Id rather see us sign a LT, who is at least a nice 3rd down back.

15. libertadrocks Well-Known Member

I guess Marion Barber has decided to retire rather than test FA after his impending release became certain. So scratch what I said earlier today

16. steferfootball Well-Known Member

Barber is probably making the right decision. Though only 28, he is past his prime. Quit while your ahead, and look forward to a life without degenerative bone/joint problems. If he manages his money well, he probably has enough to live well.

17. steferfootball Well-Known Member

Quinn (I'm not even gonna bother with his last name) can play in the league. He has played in 56 games and started 15. I thought he was a young undrafted FA, so that was shocking to me. I hope he contributes. I'd kinda like an upgrade from Smith.

18. libertadrocks Well-Known Member

JT:
    Would have like to keep Chambo but I always had a feeling he'd follow Spags. Good to see Miller back and that we are still talking to Dunbar.

19. -X- I'm the dude, man.

Yes! Chubby domination ftw! I like me some Brit Miller. :twisted:

20. Ramhusker Well-Known Member Pit Boss

I would say I really want Dunbar signed but I said that about Jones and Winston and Manningham so..... I'll refrain.