Rams 2012 Free Agency

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Langford- Ehh. Kinda like a younger Fred Robbins signing.

Steve Smith- Can never have too many WRs w/ knee issues.

Wells- Hope he signs, I like him too. I hope Wintson signs too.

Saffold, Bell, Wells, Dahl, Winston = solid OL. Bunch of no name grunts.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Jim Thomas --
Former Carolina Panthers guard Travelle Wharton flying into St. Louis for Rams visit as we tweet.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Jason Cole ‏ @JasonColeYahoo
Manningham to visit rams tonite

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
mario.png

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
X said:

Im not a fan of that. I have heard he wants to be paid like a #1 WR. IMO he is a complimentary WR. Not a go to guy. Hopefully theyre just doing their due diligence and wont over pay.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
X said:
Came to this thread to ask about Manningham... glad to see we're taking a look.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Jason Jones and Winston are the keys we need now I believe. Wells would be a bonus as would Manningham.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
libertadrocks said:
X said:

Im not a fan of that. I have heard he wants to be paid like a #1 WR. IMO he is a complimentary WR. Not a go to guy. Hopefully theyre just doing their due diligence and wont over pay.

When he heard about the deals Garcon and Robinson got, can you blame him?

Angry Ram

X said:
Jim Thomas --
Former Carolina Panthers guard Travelle Wharton flying into St. Louis for Rams visit as we tweet.

Jacob Bell was w/ the Bengals yday. Who knows, maybe Rams will have 3 new starters on the OL.

bluecoconuts

Legend
We need to start getting some ink on paper with these guys visiting, I like who I see for most of them, now we just need to sign them.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
bluecoconuts said:
We need to start getting some ink on paper with these guys visiting, I like who I see for most of them, now we just need to sign them.
Uhhhh. You WERE supposed to send some of your finest lead negotiators over there, weren't you?

bluecoconuts

Legend
X said:
bluecoconuts said:
Uhhhh. You WERE supposed to send some of your finest lead negotiators over there, weren't you?

Shit they're already there, maybe they saw Sam walking into the building to lift and got distracted.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
@jthom1: Bengals offensive guard Nate Livings visiting Rams; he's been a two-year starter at left guard.

@jthom1: After leaving Cincinnati without a contract, Miami Dolphins defensive lineman Kendall Langford is at Rams Park as we tweet.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
The signing of OG Steve Hutchinson has not decreased the Titans' interest in free agent C Scott Wells, according to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel.

Per the Journal-Sentinel's Bob McGinn, the Titans aren't "overly thrilled" with holdover Eugene Amano and would "easily release" him if they land Wells. Though he has three years left on his five-year, $26.25 contract, Amano has been one of the least effective centers in the NFL the past two years. Look for Wells, a Nashville native, to ultimately return home.

Source: Milawukee Journal-Sentinel

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2929/eugene-amano

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Found this interesting. JT:
Yes, Denver free agent QB Brady Quinn was at Rams Park yesterday. He threw to Philly free agent WR Steve Smith. Quinn is with Jets today.

Eric Winston is due in today. PFT:
Eric Winston scheduled to arrive at Rams Park today

The Chiefs hosted offensive tackle Eric Winston for a free agent visit on Thursday.

NFL Network’s Jason La Canfora reported last night that Kansas City was “pretty serious” about keeping Winston at club headquarters, intending to make the Chiefs his final free agent visit.

Winston is scheduled to visit Rams Park on Friday, however, according to Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

So if the Chiefs let Winston get out of town, he might not come back.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
libertadrocks said:
Found this interesting. JT:
Yes, Denver free agent QB Brady Quinn was at Rams Park yesterday. He threw to Philly free agent WR Steve Smith. Quinn is with Jets today.

Eric Winston is due in today. PFT:
Eric Winston scheduled to arrive at Rams Park today

The Chiefs hosted offensive tackle Eric Winston for a free agent visit on Thursday.

NFL Network’s Jason La Canfora reported last night that Kansas City was “pretty serious” about keeping Winston at club headquarters, intending to make the Chiefs his final free agent visit.

Winston is scheduled to visit Rams Park on Friday, however, according to Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

So if the Chiefs let Winston get out of town, he might not come back.
They're trolling the waters, I guess. Bring everyone in, give everyone a look. I don't know how much you can garner from a guy coming in to throw to another guy who may or may not be here though. Brady Quinn... that brings back memories. I remember talking about him on my other forum back in 07. We had some hardcore ND homers back on that board too.

Angry Ram

All the big guys are either signed or resigned (w/ the exception of Peyton Manning and to a lesser extent Flynn).

The rest of these guys are just good players that have their options open...

Winston, Livings, Wharton, Jones, Smith, etc. Not exactly "must have at all costs!!" type guys. I do want Winston the most tho. If he signs, I bet things don't look to good for Jason Smith.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Angry Ram said:
All the big guys are either signed or resigned (w/ the exception of Peyton Manning and to a lesser extent Flynn).

The rest of these guys are just good players that have their options open...

Winston, Livings, Wharton, Jones, Smith, etc. Not exactly "must have at all costs!!" type guys. I do want Winston the most tho. If he signs, I bet things don't look to good for Jason Smith.

I wonder what the FO and coaching staff has planned for Jason Smith.

You'd think if they were going to release him they would have already done so out of courtesy. Of course maybe they're holding back tho because there are already 2 holes along the OL and they dont want to be brash and create a 3rd.

They could have also decided to keep him and move him to OG.

I love the way the FO is handling the search for new OLinemen. They arent going after the big name/high priced guys like the previous FO did. Instead theyre seeking out proven/solid pieces.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
There's some good, bad, and ugly news regarding the Peyton Sweepstakes

The Good:
There are reports surfacing that the Cardinals have been told to proceed under the assumption that Peyton will not be signing there

The Bad:
Whoever signs Manning will get a great deal if he return to form. Framework is expected to be about 5 Years, 60 Million(30 guaranteed)

The Ugly:
The 49ers have emerged as one of the favorites to sign Manning. According to reports he has already worked out for them and taken a physical, although he has not visited their facility. :sick: