Ram Fan Bonafides

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Some WR duds to start your Saturday morning:

Donnie Avery (heard that Desean guy might be good)
Brian Quick
Keenan Burton
Yo Murphy

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I had high hopes for Jeff Smoker. So I bought a Smoker jersey. Thought it would be cool in several ways.

Back then I used to watch the Ram games at a local bar that had every game playing on Sundays. I sported that Smoker jersey in one Sunday. The bar tender was a friend of mine but also an aint fan... and we gave each other major shit all the time.

The bar had a PA system. My bartender "friend" gets on the PA and says something like "the 1st person to point out the Pole Smoker in here gets a free round for their table".

That was the last time I wore that fucking jersey.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
John Hadel?

Anyone?

BTW, Jack Snow spoke at our Letterman's Dinner when I played my first year of football.

Ask @OC--LeftCoast about the schools we attended and played against each other.

Small world.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I listed Roman Gabriel throwing to Jack Snow as a good memory, I guess I did not get the title of this thread. I have to go with the #1 pick in the draft when the Rams picked Greg Robinson, as the biggest flop.

dpjax

Starter
Camp Reporter
I have been haunted by this, since the day it happened. I’ll never forget that draft day.

This would probably be the only draft choice I thought at the time I was certain we got wrong.

My only hope was Eddie would at least be good enough that it would be a debate. That lasted like 1 season.

View attachment 32005
Yeah, I felt the same way. I thought it was a lock that we picked Marvin. The Kennison pick just seemed to come out of left field.

But I always wondered if Marvin Harrison becomes a hall of fame receiver if he's drafted by the Rams. He played his entire career with Payton Manning.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Yeah, I felt the same way. I thought it was a lock that we picked Marvin. The Kennison pick just seemed to come out of left field.

But I always wondered if Marvin Harrison becomes a hall of fame receiver if he's drafted by the Rams. He played his entire career with Payton Manning.

Not to mention, had we chose Harrison... we probably don’t take Holt in 1999.

Vapor

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Vapor
So I've been a fan for 40+ years, even if only tangentially in the mid-90s and '00s. When I get push-back on my fandom (not often but it has happened on other forums in the past) and I have to "prove" my bonafides I respond with one name:

TJ Rubley.

Whats the most excruciating experience/player/coach that you've endured as a fan that proves your attachment to the Rams?

(Just a mental exercise and something I figured would be fun to hear from folks about)

I have a signed football from that team, with Jackie Slather(spelling?) and TJ's signatures.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Georgia, and our GM from back in the ‘80s (Math?) sure had some weird fascination with players from Canada. (With apologies to our ROD Canuck brothers) Between Dieter, Schad I think was out of Canada? they overestimated the talent up there.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
80BC13E1-C694-40CA-8F1E-C7EEC6F653E9.jpeg

My autographed ball.

1970 Los Angeles Rams, given to my Dad by Eddie Meador.

On this panel, upper left center
Roman Gabriel
Dick Evey
Tommy Mason

Right center (3 o’clock)
Merlin Olsen
Cash Birdwell (coach)

Center area Maxie Baughn
Wendell Tucker

lower left Jack Snow

above Roman, upside down is Kermit Alexander

out of the shot on this panel - Les Josephson, Joe Scibelli
Rich Saul
John Wilbur
Myron Pottios

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Gaston Green
Aaron Cox
Fred Strickland
Frank Stams
Brian Smith
Bill Hawkins
Cleveland Gary
Anthony Newman

All guys drafted post Dickerson trade. Not all with the Dickerson picks, but the two draft classes that were supposed to rebuild the Rams. Those guys were all picks in the top 3 rounds.

The only real hit was Flipper Anderson.

Anthony Newman was a decent player. Strickland had some decent years too

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Anthony Newman was a decent player. Strickland had some decent years too

And as I said later, the maddening thing was you could see they had ability, but they never established themselves for various reasons.

I liked Strickland and Stams was decent in Cleveland after he left, but neither obvioisly reached their potential in LA. Then of course Gary was a fumbler, and Hawkins tore his ACL.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Rams had 3 first round picks in 1969. I was so excited at the time.

Larry Smith
Jim Seymour (never played a down for us)
Bob Klein

I wore #38 in HS for Smith. What a letdown.

fearsomefour

Legend
I have a signed football from that team, with Jackie Slather(spelling?) and TJ's signatures.
That’s rare to get a Slater signature.
I tried for years. He generally never signed.
I had a jacket signed by Sean Gilbert and Jerome Bettis. Girlfriend washed it and away went the signatures.

fearsomefour

Legend
And as I said later, the maddening thing was you could see they had ability, but they never established themselves for various reasons.

I liked Strickland and Stams was decent in Cleveland after he left, but neither obvioisly reached their potential in LA. Then of course Gary was a fumbler, and Hawkins tore his ACL.
Brett Faryniarz worked with me in San Diego in the offseason in 90-91.