Ram Fan Bonafides

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
So I've been a fan for 40+ years, even if only tangentially in the mid-90s and '00s. When I get push-back on my fandom (not often but it has happened on other forums in the past) and I have to "prove" my bonafides I respond with one name:

TJ Rubley.

Whats the most excruciating experience/player/coach that you've endured as a fan that proves your attachment to the Rams?

(Just a mental exercise and something I figured would be fun to hear from folks about)

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
Cleveland Gary -

Everyone talked about his talent and he did well, but I disliked his run style, his look and even his number. Bell was similar too.

AZRams

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That and he had hands of stone. Hard to remember another back with as many fumbles in not a ton of games.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Gaston Green
Aaron Cox
Fred Strickland
Frank Stams
Brian Smith
Bill Hawkins
Cleveland Gary
Anthony Newman

All guys drafted post Dickerson trade. Not all with the Dickerson picks, but the two draft classes that were supposed to rebuild the Rams. Those guys were all picks in the top 3 rounds.

The only real hit was Flipper Anderson.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
As far as proving bonafides...

Anyone remember Jerrel Thomas?

Looked like a stud RB for half a season then dissapeared. 1980 I believe.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2003 playoffs, division round double over time loss to the Carolina Panthers witch put the franchise into a 14 year tail spin.

"I felt like if we could get it into overtime, we would win this game. I was very sure about the decision and don't regret the decision," Mike Martz said.

Wrong decision IMO.

"I just beat the safety (Jason Sehorn) and Jake threw one of
those pretty balls in the last minute, like he always does," Steve Smith
said.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
Ron Jesse being tackled inside the one yard line in a late-70s playoff game against the Vikings. Replay showed the ball crossed the goal line but the Rams had no recourse. I think they came away empty on that drive, either lost the ball on a turnover or a blocked FG. Rams should have gotten the TD and won the game. First time I felt that "my team" got screwed by the refs and it really pissed me off.

Ants

Starter
Me? I don't even recall the dude's name (and I'm sort of glad). He was DB (safety, I think) during the Fisher years. Dude couldn't cover, couldn't run, couldn't tackle...I wondered how he could even be on the roster. Can anyone provide me with his name? LOL
But I've been a fan since the late 1960's.

AZRams

Gaston Green
Aaron Cox
Fred Strickland
Frank Stams
Brian Smith
Bill Hawkins
Cleveland Gary
Anthony Newman

All guys drafted post Dickerson trade. Not all with the Dickerson picks, but the two draft classes that were supposed to rebuild the Rams. Those guys were all picks in the top 3 rounds.

Cox actually had a better rookie season in '88 than Anderson as I recall. Certainly didn't end up that way...

Strickland and Stams were decent for a short time than flamed out.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Cox actually had a better rookie season in '88 than Anderson as I recall. Certainly didn't end up that way...

Strickland and Stams were decent for a short time than flamed out.

Yeah that is what was maddening. A lot of those guys showed flashes, but it was short lived.

Gary couldn't hold onto the football. Hawkins blew out his knee, Cox just became a JAG, Strickland & Stams looked promising, then nothing.

I loved the Brian Smith pick, 6-6 DE from Auburn, but he sucked from day one.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Tony Banks - not necessarily of the player, but that was some bad offensive football.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Gaston Green
Aaron Cox
Fred Strickland
Frank Stams
Brian Smith
Bill Hawkins
Cleveland Gary
Anthony Newman

You didn’t like those picks?

58372932-5172-40B8-A9C3-AE8ACFDAF4C6.jpeg

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Me? I don't even recall the dude's name (and I'm sort of glad). He was DB (safety, I think) during the Fisher years. Dude couldn't cover, couldn't run, couldn't tackle...I wondered how he could even be on the roster. Can anyone provide me with his name? LOL
But I've been a fan since the late 1960's.
Craig Dahl. Thanks for setting me back in therapy.

Someone mentioned Sehorn, so I'll go with the fabulous corner tandem of Tye Hill and Justin King.

AZRams

Tony Banks - not necessarily of the player, but that was some bad offensive football.

No, the player. Didn't he set the NFL record for most fumbles lost in a season by a QB?