QB Options Moving Forward

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
I don't believe Fisher will make any "big" moves.

ESPN was just salivating over a possible Cousins(they were just speculating--no news of anything) trade but I really and truly believe that this is Shaun Hill's season--win or lose.

Slappy967

Starter
Yeah I am against Michael Vick in EVERY conceivable way! Having read the actual accounts of what he did to those dogs makes me hope something equally atrocious happens to him in his life.

Vince15

I don't believe Fisher will make any "big" moves.

ESPN was just salivating over a possible Cousins(they were just speculating--no news of anything) trade but I really and truly believe that this is Shaun Hill's season--win or lose.
Me either. Unfortunately. I wonder what kind of play, if any, they made for Sanchez this offseason? Was it Sanchez who wouldn't come here or were the Rams just not interested? I know Hill wasn't their first choice.

allrams

UDFA
E="Vince15, post: 375831, member: 1869"]He may have been prosecuted for the gambling but what he did to those animals went far beyond the "sport". F Michael Vick with a molten hot poker and I swear I'll quit my 35 year allegiance to the Rams if they ever sign him in any capacity.[/QUOTE]
Theres people who has done a lot worse than him a lot . there's wife beaters, and murders who play and played in the NFL.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Three things...

1) RGIII has played very poorly, so the idea that Washington would trade Cousins for anything less than the proverbial farm is laughable. ESPECIALLY to the Rams. I mean, just imagine if Hill went down at some point and Cousins pulled a Ferragamo and led the Rams to the Super Bowl? It wouldn't be salt in the wound, it would be death under a ton of salt...also, some getting in the wound...

2) Not so fast on Sanchez. That was my first take on him, also. Then I watched him this year as an Eagle and he looks TOTALLY different. MUCH improved form, MUCH better delivery and pocket awareness. This Sanchez is NOT the same, lost, confused guy from the Jets. Which means he won't come cheap, so I doubt we pursue him. But if one watches the video of him as if to analyze it, there is reason to understand why the reportage from Philly is the way it is. It's not hype. He really does look "totally different". His release actually made me say out loud, "oooh". My son asked me what I was watching. I was almost embarrassed to admit it was a Mark Sanchez highlight, but it was... a buttery sweet Deep In to a TE for a TD thrown with great form, short release, tight spiral, nice step in and ball exactly where it needed to be. As far as looking at film, it was like that perfect bite of steak. And Mark Sanchez did THAT??? Yeah, he did. I don't know what Chip Kelly did or does, but he needs to bottle it. And with respect to Mark Sanchez, if the Rams do decide to pursue him, I won't be upset. Sanchez is throwing better than ANY other #2 out there, maybe even Shaun Hill and certainly better than Vick. And NO ONE is more surprised than me who was about as anti-Sanchez as one could be prior to watching him. It's important to admit bias and being wrong and I admit I was wrong about Sanchez this year. My bias misinformed me.

3) This is our year. Having a guy who “knows the system” is really damn important and Austin Davis isn’t enough. If Shaun Hill goes down… and in this division that’s a very real possibility, then we need another guy who can keep the whole playbook open. The way Sanchez is playing NOW, that’s possible. And yes, I can’t believe I’m saying that. It took my friend confronting me and challenging me to watch this year’s videos for me to admit that I was wrong about him…NOW.

I’m not saying we’ll get Sanchez, but to dismiss him out of hand, imho, is a mistake. He’s not Capt. Buttfumble anymore. Not by the way he’s looked this year so far, anyway…

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Three things...

1) RGIII has played very poorly, so the idea that Washington would trade Cousins for anything less than the proverbial farm is laughable. ESPECIALLY to the Rams. I mean, just imagine if Hill went down at some point and Cousins pulled a Ferragamo and led the Rams to the Super Bowl? It wouldn't be salt in the wound, it would be death under a ton of salt...also, some getting in the wound...

2) Not so fast on Sanchez. That was my first take on him, also. Then I watched him this year as an Eagle and he looks TOTALLY different. MUCH improved form, MUCH better delivery and pocket awareness. This Sanchez is NOT the same, lost, confused guy from the Jets. Which means he won't come cheap, so I doubt we pursue him. But if one watches the video of him as if to analyze it, there is reason to understand why the reportage from Philly is the way it is. It's not hype. He really does look "totally different". His release actually made me say out loud, "oooh". My son asked me what I was watching. I was almost embarrassed to admit it was a Mark Sanchez highlight, but it was... a buttery sweet Deep In to a TE for a TD thrown with great form, short release, tight spiral, nice step in and ball exactly where it needed to be. As far as looking at film, it was like that perfect bite of steak. And Mark Sanchez did THAT??? Yeah, he did. I don't know what Chip Kelly did or does, but he needs to bottle it. And with respect to Mark Sanchez, if the Rams do decide to pursue him, I won't be upset. Sanchez is throwing better than ANY other #2 out there, maybe even Shaun Hill and certainly better than Vick. And NO ONE is more surprised than me who was about as anti-Sanchez as one could be prior to watching him. It's important to admit bias and being wrong and I admit I was wrong about Sanchez this year. My bias misinformed me.

3) This is our year. Having a guy who “knows the system” is really damn important and Austin Davis isn’t enough. If Shaun Hill goes down… and in this division that’s a very real possibility, then we need another guy who can keep the whole playbook open. The way Sanchez is playing NOW, that’s possible. And yes, I can’t believe I’m saying that. It took my friend confronting me and challenging me to watch this year’s videos for me to admit that I was wrong about him…NOW.

I’m not saying we’ll get Sanchez, but to dismiss him out of hand, imho, is a mistake. He’s not Capt. Buttfumble anymore. Not by the way he’s looked this year so far, anyway…
Yeah, Sanchez (IMO) is the only legitimate outside source the Rams would be willing to tap. He's familiar with Schotty, but I don't know if he's up to speed on the terminology, because that changes every year regardless. I'm really not a fan of Sanchez because he's way too spotty, and he can be very easily taken out of his game. But then again, there aren't very many legitimate options out there right now who are better than what we have.

All that said, I think we'll be okay rolling with Shaun Hill. I really do.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Yeah, Sanchez (IMO) is the only legitimate outside source the Rams would be willing to tap. He's familiar with Schotty, but I don't know if he's up to speed on the terminology, because that changes every year regardless. I'm really not a fan of Sanchez because he's way too spotty, and he can be very easily taken out of his game. But then again, there aren't very many legitimate options out there right now who are better than what we have.

All that said, I think we'll be okay rolling with Shaun Hill. I really do.

I know we were looking at Sanchez this offseason and chose to go with Hill.
But, Sanchez wasn't chosen because he garnered more money.

I hope Hill can hold up.
As a starter, he really is tough to gauge.
I do like him better then Clemens.

diverdown

UDFA
I didn't include Sanchez in my list of available QBs above because I don't think Philly would trade him. Foles had a great year, but it was just one and he has weaknesses. He is not elite and I don't think the Eagles would be willing to just go with Barkley behind him for the season.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Mariota is listed at 6'4" 215lbs, not sure he'll drop due to size.

All I know is KC better not try and sneak Aaron Murray to their PS.

Damn, for some reason I thought he was under 6'...Should have looked it up. Thanks for correcting me.