QB Options Moving Forward

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
@JaysonBraddock: The Broncos have cut 11 players including: LB Jamar Chaney, OT Winston Justice and QB Bryn Renner

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
I'd be on the phone already with Kansas City seeing what it would take to bring Chase Daniels here. He has been in the league long enough to understand the Pro Game, was the understudy to Drew Brees, and has now been in two training camps with Andy Reid. Being an admitted Mizzou homer, it would also invigorate a fan base in desperate need of a shot in the arm.

All the guy does is make plays. He's a gunslinger.
Chiefs may be willing to talk about Daniel. They have two other qb's, Tyler Bray & Aaron Murray they are very high on. Both Bray and Murray have a lot of upside but little experience and talk is the Chiefs are even thinking about keeping 4 qb's on the roster. Daniel would come with a pretty high cap number for a back-up, but Rams would be getting a proven play making veteran. Chiefs have amassed several draft picks for next year and I'm sure they wouldn't mind another one. Chiefs season is in even more turmoil than the Rams with the injuries, free-agent departures and suspensions that have hit them.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Is Kyle Orton an option? Thought he was retiring, but saw some people mention him this morning.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
@davidgarrard9: Would love a call from the rams!

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I am 100% behind Hill at this point. Davis has shown he can play. I dont see any need to bring anyone in in all honestly. The chances that they would be an upgrade over Hill are minimal.

I say we ride with what we already have. He is an upgrade over Clemens and our WR's are emerging. And our defense will carry us when needed. Oh, and we have a good running game.

I really am not worried. Yes itd be better with Bradford, but given the options, what we have is not to bad.

TGZ

Rookie
Name
Dylan
I was a big David Garrard fan. Even have a Garrard Jags shirt.

Chase Daniel still my top choice but I'd take Garrard as a backup for nostalgia.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Chiefs may be willing to talk about Daniel. They have two other qb's, Tyler Bray & Aaron Murray they are very high on. Both Bray and Murray have a lot of upside but little experience and talk is the Chiefs are even thinking about keeping 4 qb's on the roster. Daniel would come with a pretty high cap number for a back-up, but Rams would be getting a proven play making veteran. Chiefs have amassed several draft picks for next year and I'm sure they wouldn't mind another one. Chiefs season is in even more turmoil than the Rams with the injuries, free-agent departures and suspensions that have hit them.

When did Daniel prove something? It'd be neat to have a Mizzou alum here but I don't know what he would bring over Hill.

RamsFan14

Starter
I was a big David Garrard fan. Even have a Garrard Jags shirt.

Chase Daniel still my top choice but I'd take Garrard as a backup for nostalgia.

Chase Daniel would be badass in a Rams uniform if we ever got that to work lol. That'd be pretty cool, not gana lie.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I just never get all the love for Vick.

Dude's never been a good QB- certainly with any consistency.
He's a really fast running back type of guy taking snaps from center.
And frankly as he gets older he, like all of us, is slowing down.
So, for the bunch of money he'd want, why not extend Hill and see what we can find down the line?
I know Hill is getting older but I think he's got two or three good years left.
Maybe our young QB will develop....never know.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I just never get all the love for Vick.

Dude's never been a good QB- certainly with any consistency.
He's a really fast running back type of guy taking snaps from center.
And frankly as he gets older he, like all of us, is slowing down.
So, for the bunch of money he'd want, why not extend Hill and see what we can find down the line?
I know Hill is getting older but I think he's got two or three good years left.
Maybe our young QB will develop....never know.

He turns it over way too damn much, and gets hit a lot to boot.

But it gets headlines on BSPN so there's that.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Hill > Cousins. Have any of you that are calling for Kurt Cousins actually watched him play against legit NFL talent? The sample size is small, but it is also horrible. He only looks good when compared to RGMe, haha. I think Shaun Hill is more than capable of leading this team. I loved the signing then, and love it even more now. Lets roll......

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
When did Daniel prove something? It'd be neat to have a Mizzou alum here but I don't know what he would bring over Hill.
Did not mean as a replacement for Hill, simply a veteran qb with I think 4 yrs experience in the league that would be a viable option as a backup. Giving the KC perspective on Daniel and their qb situation.

Slappy967

Starter
Always liked Thaddeus and felt he played well while here. There really isn't a "sexy" pick out there as far as someone that could come give us anything more then Hill. I for one am excited to see how Davis/Gilbert perform Thursday night and I pray to God we sit Hill lol

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd like to see the Rams sign Connor Shaw if Cleveland lets him go. I'd prefer him to Austin Davis.