QB Options Moving Forward

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Ya know... If we could somehow get RG3, I wouldn't be opposed to it. He's under some hot water right now in Washington with Cousins, but idk. Highly doubt this happens.

Mike Vick or Sanchez seem reasonable options tho.

I would rather watch Gilbert than RG3 on this team. Not even kidding...

I'd give a 2 rounder for him, though. ;)

But hell!!! He's dang near in the same boat as Sam!!

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Is it time to start researching the draft already? Look for QBs?

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
The only thing that would lift my spirits now would be for Kurt to strapem up one more time....... Snead for the love of God make it happen...... Give us some hope.... We have suffered far to long.

fearsomefour

Legend
QB Options Moving Forward:

The 2015 Draft has some promise:

Jameis Winston
Marcus Mariotta
and Brett Hundley are the most notable

Trade Market? Pretty Slim ...

Vick, Sanchez, Ponder, Mallett - I think I'd rather go with Hill

Is it worth looking at Josh Freeman?

If you want to get really stupid with it - we could bring up J Russel and Tebow.

This sucks.

I dont want any of those vets.
If you draft a guy in the first round to replace Bradford you are looking at several more years of (more than likely) shaky play on O....that is if you manage to do OK on the crap shoot that is the NFL draft for QBs.
In reality if the team cut Sam after this year I would part ways with both Longs, JL and any other vet that is demanding money. What would be the point of hanging on to the them and their salaries?
The difference between 4-12 and 6-10 means nothing.
I really do think there is a chance he comes back....I dont see any other options that are more promising short term. The crappy thing is Fisher/Snead came here because of Bradford. If Bradford goes Fisher probably does too in relatively short order....maybe Snead as well.
I cannot come up with any option that gives a good chance of taking advantage of what the Rams have built the last three years....and without that another decade of disgrace is waiting dead ahead.
Why would a guy like Quinn resign in St. Louis with no hope at the QB position. Why would a guy like Britt stay (assuming he has a good season)?
If the Rams struggle to a 3-13 or 4-12 type season, which is possible now, and then dump Bradford without a clear plan to compete in the short term, then in my opinion hope for to compete any time soon is gone.
Rams football in St. Louis may be on life support if that is the plan as well.
To be honest if Hill plays like what he is, a savey vet that has an incomplete talent check list, the D rises to the occasion and the Rams are competitive and finish 7-9 to 10-6 then all is well.
When the panic ceases I think Bradford stays in St. Louis for a couple of reasons.
Then investment made already.
The lack of real options to take advantage of what Fisher and Snead have done already.
Starting over at QB will lead to an exodus of the quality vet players the Rams do have.
Bradfords career is not over. He will be 27 next year. My fear is the Rams roster gets worse if he is let go and he ends up in Arizona, which would be a real possibility.

Sappy113

Rookie
We gotta look to the draft, but who will possibly go where is impossible to say right now. Things shake up too much between now and draft time.

Vince15

The only thing that would lift my spirits now would be for Kurt to strapem up one more time....... Snead for the love of God make it happen...... Give us some hope.... We have suffered far to long.
I'd love it too but Kurt retried because he was tired of getting crushed behind shaky o-line's. If the Rams could pass-pro, Bradford wouldn't be hurt and we wouldn't be praying for Kurt.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
can't fucking believe this... Fisher can't go into the season with Hill then Davis backing him up. Jesus Christ... Vick I say Vick. if it's gonna be a shit show at least have someone who can run. there goes ALL that Britt and Quick potential with no one to throw it to them.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
No to VIck. It would take that dumbass 10 years to learn this system.
No way he learns it in 2 weeks.

It's Hill or Sanchez.

Athos

Legend
Mariota big time.

I don't want the crabs stealing rapist Scam Newton wannabe.

Mariota has accuracy, mobility, speed, and a pretty good arm. Nice attributes for a run 1st team with a bunch of play action to exploit.

But they should try and steal Shaw first.

Moostache

Rookie
Jimmy Clausen would have been great in this offense...he was available in the off-season and is now battling for #2 job in Chicago...the price for him now would be reasonable and he is ready to play....can't be worse than a full season of Shaun Hill.

From NFL.com:
Hill hasn't made a start since 2010, when he stepped in for an injured Matthew Stafford to lead the Detroit Lions to a 3-7 record over his 10 appearances. He posted a 61.8 completion percentage with 16 touchdowns and 12 picks during that stint, but Hill has thrown just 16 passes since.

bskrilla

Starter
I do have a feeling that a year or two from now if he's healthy SB will be starting and producing somewhere. Someone's is going to take a chance on the guy, and he's got the tools. We all know it.

bskrilla

Starter
Jimmy Clausen would have been great in this offense...he was available in the off-season and is now battling for #2 job in Chicago...the price for him now would be reasonable and he is ready to play....can't be worse than a full season of Shaun Hill.

From NFL.com:
Hill hasn't made a start since 2010, when he stepped in for an injured Matthew Stafford to lead the Detroit Lions to a 3-7 record over his 10 appearances. He posted a 61.8 completion percentage with 16 touchdowns and 12 picks during that stint, but Hill has thrown just 16 passes since.

I have a feeling that 3-10 had a lot more to do with the Lions than it did with Hill.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Let me just say that with this staff, with this offense and these players, I think Shaun Hill will do very well.

I'm bummed that Bradford went down, but let me inject a little sunshine.

Hill has looked VERY good so far and this kind of thing has the potential to be a catalyst where everyone else takes the initiative to STEP UP. Who knows? Maybe this is what gives the Rams that edge?

I'm still EXCITED about this Rams team.

I don't think Hill's the answer going forward, but this season? Yeah, I'm still ALL IN!!!!

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Mariota and Petty are fine by me, some other intriguing ones that wont need a top 10 pick as well. Need to start doing some research on this QB class :( it was nice not having to for a few years.