QB Options Moving Forward

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ViperLjs

Rookie
I dont want any of those vets.

Bradfords career is not over. He will be 27 next year. My fear is the Rams roster gets worse if he is let go and he ends up in Arizona, which would be a real possibility.

There's almost no way I can see us keeping Sam. He will be coming off his 2nd consecutive season-ending injury, and his 4th in the past 6 years; his cap hit will be 16,580,000 next season. It would frankly be crazy to bet the season on him being healthy at that dollar figure.

99% chance we end up drafting a QB in the first round next year.

I want this American Heritage High School QB I'm watching now. Dude looks a beast, Torrance Gibson, only 4 years.

ViperLjs

Rookie
Mariota big time.

I don't want the crabs stealing rapist Scam Newton wannabe.

Mariota has accuracy, mobility, speed, and a pretty good arm. Nice attributes for a run 1st team with a bunch of play action to exploit.

But they should try and steal Shaw first.

Would you be willing to trade 2 1st round picks and more for him, though? Mariota probably goes in the top 3 picks, and I doubt we'll be that bad.

A55VA6

Legend
Let me just say that with this staff, with this offense and these players, I think Shaun Hill will do very well.

I'm bummed that Bradford went down, but let me inject a little sunshine.

Hill has looked VERY good so far and this kind of thing has the potential to be a catalyst where everyone else takes the initiative to STEP UP. Who knows? Maybe this is what gives the Rams that edge?

I'm still EXCITED about this Rams team.

I don't think Hill's the answer going forward, but this season? Yeah, I'm still ALL IN!!!!
I can agree with this man. There's a reason we went and signed Hill. He's a vet and knows how to get the job done. I believe in him this year.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I would love Winston as a player, hate his attitude and actions but he's a hell of a player.

Like Mariota for his playstyle AND attitude. I want him if possible.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
We are going to win too many games to get a top 5 pick to draft a QB next year.

Hill is not a huge downgrade from Bradford though, I'm surprised he hasn't got a starting job somehow in this league.

But as for QBs we can trade for, only Sanchez makes sense, what would the cap numbers look like if we traded for him?

A55VA6

Legend
Would you be willing to trade 2 1st round picks and more for him, though? Mariota probably goes in the top 3 picks, and I doubt we'll be that bad.
Honestly... I'd give it thought. I'm an Oregon Ducks fan and Mariota has "it". I also thought the same thing with Russell Wilson. He just has that it factor. Ability to make plays. Mariota is big time.

Joeluke9

Rookie
I hate to break it to you guys, but we aren't going to be that bad. The world isn't ending. Yes Bradford would have been better than Hill, but this team is built around defense and running, both of which we still have

V3

Hall of Fame
This is why I was so adamant about getting an extra first round pick for next year by trading down from #2. Reportedly, Buffalo offered to trade with us but we passed. I was unhappy when I heard that. We would have the ammo to trade up next year if they had done it and they could have still gotten a very good player at 9 in this year's draft. Now we will be in no-man's land(for QB's) in next year's draft and will have to trade the farm a-la Washington to get one of the top QB's.

I know this much, I don't trust Bradford to stay healthy anymore.

Slappy967

Starter
I am all for Shaun Hill but if we decide we need to make a move I would look at;

Ryan Griffin- from NO who we tried to get last year before Payton roster blocked us.

Kirk Cousins- has NFL experience, low price tag and the arm

Brett Favre- because why not we have more offensive firepower then he had in Minnesota, knows the playbook and he could lead this team :) if you guys need me I will be dodging the flaming arrows now

fearsomefour

Legend
There's almost no way I can see us keeping Sam. He will be coming off his 2nd consecutive season-ending injury, and his 4th in the past 6 years; his cap hit will be 16,580,000 next season. It would frankly be crazy to bet the season on him being healthy at that dollar figure.

You are probably right.
In which case the odds are the team will continue to suck going forward.
Been nice watching you Quinn.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Mariota big time.

I don't want the crabs stealing rapist Scam Newton wannabe.

Mariota has accuracy, mobility, speed, and a pretty good arm. Nice attributes for a run 1st team with a bunch of play action to exploit.

But they should try and steal Shaw first.

I forgot about Connor Shaw. I'd definitely scoop him up if the Browns try to sneak him onto the PS.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Mariota and Petty are fine by me, some other intriguing ones that wont need a top 10 pick as well. Need to start doing some research on this QB class :( it was nice not having to for a few years.

Mariota is probably out of the question. Unless he drops due to size. Petty and Mannion from Oregon State are some realistic targets at this point in time.

fearsomefour

Legend

On the other hand, his cap hit next year ranks 11th among starting QBs.
So, the question becomes, is the cap hit the same if he is cut, if not what is it?
If the Rams take a cap hit of 11M or something (picking a number out of the air) if he is released and still have to sign a guy there is not going be savings really.
Just depends how it goes I guess.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I'd be on the phone already with Kansas City seeing what it would take to bring Chase Daniels here. He has been in the league long enough to understand the Pro Game, was the understudy to Drew Brees, and has now been in two training camps with Andy Reid. Being an admitted Mizzou homer, it would also invigorate a fan base in desperate need of a shot in the arm.

All the guy does is make plays. He's a gunslinger.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Brett Favre- because why not we have more offensive firepower then he had in Minnesota, knows the playbook and he could lead this team :) if you guys need me I will be dodging the flaming arrows now

I would be calling Favre and Warner, either of those guys could still play, and this team is STACKED with talent. It might be enough to tempt one of them. At least make the call, the worst they could do is say no.