PREGAME Pregame Thread Bucs vs Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
confused.. so Brady should or shouldn't be leading the league in passing TDs?

as to our D being questionable, as mentioned in this thread, a lot of fans on TBs board (https://www.itsabucslife.com/index.php) are having issues.. particularly with the secondary. Personally, I'm ok with it. We've yet to be full strength/whole game and we're not giving up bombs. Teams are having to go very deep into the playbook on their drives and I'm ok with that. Our pass rush will start to get home and we'll start to get healthy (hopefully). Especially if teams keep shutting down rushing attempts, thus more pass attempts and more chances for mistakes to be made in the turnover department.

ATL Game - had a big lead, got bored and allowed it to get to 3 pts, then scored 3 TDs (1 O, 2 Def) to coast to the W.
- Matt Ryan's leading receiver is Mike Edwards for the year.. Mike Edwards plays for Tampa.
Dal Game - Prescott played amazing, DAL probably has the best OL we'll see this year (possibly the league), top 10 WR (not my IMO, but talking heads seem to think it), and a top tier RB.. We got DAL best shot and still got the W.. very ok with that. Dak stays healthy, that team will be a playoff team..especially in the division.
I didn't say anything confusing. Take what they give you. Things won't be as easy this game, that's all.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
confused.. so Brady should or shouldn't be leading the league in passing TDs?

as to our D being questionable, as mentioned in this thread, a lot of fans on TBs board (https://www.itsabucslife.com/index.php) are having issues.. particularly with the secondary. Personally, I'm ok with it. We've yet to be full strength/whole game and we're not giving up bombs. Teams are having to go very deep into the playbook on their drives and I'm ok with that. Our pass rush will start to get home and we'll start to get healthy (hopefully). Especially if teams keep shutting down rushing attempts, thus more pass attempts and more chances for mistakes to be made in the turnover department.

ATL Game - had a big lead, got bored and allowed it to get to 3 pts, then scored 3 TDs (1 O, 2 Def) to coast to the W.
- Matt Ryan's leading receiver is Mike Edwards for the year.. Mike Edwards plays for Tampa.
Dal Game - Prescott played amazing, DAL probably has the best OL we'll see this year (possibly the league), top 10 WR (not my IMO, but talking heads seem to think it), and a top tier RB.. We got DAL best shot and still got the W.. very ok with that. Dak stays healthy, that team will be a playoff team..especially in the division.
I think your secondary is in for a far greater challenge than you saw last season. In fact I think the Rams improved more than the Bucs did overall. Offense is night and day from last year.

Just wish that Morris was a little more concerned with the box on early downs. So I expect Brady to take advantage underneath and we're probably gonna get a shootout.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Bucs in Week 3 presents "amazing opportunity" for Rams​

THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. – For a team with high standards and high expectations both internally and externally, there is no better opportunity to measure where they stand than an early-season matchup against the defending Super Bowl champions.

That's what's in front of the Rams this weekend when they host the Buccaneers on Sunday at SoFi Stadium (1:25 p.m. pacific time, FOX).

"It's an amazing opportunity," Rams defensive lineman Sebastian Joseph-Day said earlier this week. "Amazing, amazing team. Great offense, their defense, very well balanced, and obviously they have an amazing quarterback, a future Hall of Fame quarterback (in Tom Brady). It's gonna be an awesome challenge for sure."

Part of the reason that's the case: The amount of carryover from last year's championship squad for Tampa Bay.

Normally there is natural attrition on a Super Bowl-winning roster the ensuing offseason, but after re-signing running back Leonard Fournette on March 31, the Bucs became the first Super Bowl-winner in the salary cap era (since 1994) to return all 22 of their starters the following year, according to ESPN's Field Yates.

Collectively, that personnel contributed to the NFL's No. 7 total offense (384.1 yards per game) and No. 6 total defense (327.1 yards allowed per game). Within that production, the Bucs had the league's No. 2 passing offense at 289.1 yards per game, and allowed the fewest rushing yards in the league at 80.6 per game.

The Bucs and the Rams met in Week 11 last year, a 27-24 Rams win in Tampa sparked by big games from wide receivers Robert Woods and Cooper Kupp and then-rookie safety Jordan Fuller's pair of interceptions.

"I feel like we know it's a great challenge just from playing them last year," Rams head coach Sean McVay said earlier this week. "But it's our third game and it's an important game because it's our next game. Obviously, they've been playing incredible football for their first two games this year. They finished on an amazing streak. Really, we're going to be worried about doing a great job with our process and getting ready to try and do everything we can to come away with the result that we want."

Tampa Bay last year accomplished what Los Angeles will be looking to achieve this year: Winning a Super Bowl on their home turf.

"For us to just go out and compete, high-caliber game, all four quarters, I know the guys are looking forward to it, I know we're all looking forward to it, just to go up and compete against the highest level," Rams wide receiver Robert Woods said Monday.

Others Rams players like quarterback Matthew Stafford recognize the moment but are also treating this like any other game.

"Is Tampa playing as good of football as anybody right now? Absolutely," Rams quarterback Matthew Stafford said Wednesday. "Are they a really talented team, Super Bowl champs, all those things? Absolutely. So, it'll be a big test for us. But every time we go out there, whether it's a Wednesday practice or Sunday, it's a measuring stick for us when we've got to go out there and prove it every time."

Wide receiver Cooper Kupp, meanwhile is focused on the present.

"This is 2021. They're an incredible football team," Kupp said Wednesday. "They were an incredible team last year, but 2021, they're a great football team and that's what it is. It's a great opportunity to go against a really good football team, good outfit across the board – offense, defense, special teams – and we were excited about that challenge."

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

it looks like d'marco was sponsored by Motorola for that segment.

Noles1724

UDFA
Name
Noles1724
yup.. you guys are getting a 85% version of us this week.. Mikens, meh.. but JPP and AB.. that's not a good thing.

I will say this, I'm looking forward to seeing more Tryon and Miller stretching the field.. watch that guy, he's a bad(fast) man

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Wide receiver Cooper Kupp, meanwhile is focused on the present.

"This is 2021. They're an incredible football team," Kupp said Wednesday. "They were an incredible team last year, but 2021, they're a great football team and that's what it is. It's a great opportunity to go against a really good football team, good outfit across the board – offense, defense, special teams – and we were excited about that challenge."
I appreciate Kupp's grasp of subtle psychology there. He's gonna be as great a coach someday as he is a player IMO.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
yup.. you guys are getting a 85% version of us this week.. Mikens, meh.. but JPP and AB.. that's not a good thing.

I will say this, I'm looking forward to seeing more Tryon and Miller stretching the field.. watch that guy, he's a bad(fast) man
And you can hold on to the "we only had 85% of our team" until you loose again in the playoffs. One of the reasons most teams don't repeat is health and apathy. Brady or no Brady, both will be the down fall of your team.

Noles1724

UDFA
Name
Noles1724
And you can hold on to the "we only had 85% of our team" until you loose again in the playoffs. One of the reasons most teams don't repeat is health and apathy. Brady or no Brady, both will be the down fall of your team.
gotta tell ya, I'm really going to enjoy this place should we win.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

David Long Jr. is one of Rams’ most important players vs. Bucs this week​

Cameron DaSilva
Fri, September 24, 2021, 1:30 PM
1632508808874.png

After two seasons of serving as a backup in the secondary, David Long Jr. has seen his role grow massively this year. He’s replaced Troy Hill at cornerback, becoming the fifth defensive back on the field when the Rams go to their nickel package.

For the most part, he’s held up well. He’s earned a 66.7 coverage grade from Pro Football Focus through two games, allowing five catches on eight targets with one interception and no touchdowns surrendered.

He’s been a big part of the secondary’s performance up to this point even if he has only played 64% of the defensive snaps, and his value to the Rams will only increase as the season goes on – especially on Sunday against the Buccaneers.

The Rams are going up against an elite receiving corps that’s headlined by Mike Evans and Chris Godwin. Antonio Brown is also a huge part of Tom Brady’s cast of weapons, but he could miss the game after landing on COVID-19 reserve.

Even if Brown can’t play, Long should be on the field often, given how frequently the Buccaneers use 11 personnel (60% of the time, according to Sharp Football Stats). That means the Rams will have to match with their nickel defense, putting Long on the field with Jalen Ramsey and Darious Williams.

When the Bucs go to their three-receiver sets, it’ll likely be Evans, Godwin and either Tyler Johnson or Scotty Miller on the field. Both of those guys are explosive and dangerous downfield threats, requiring attention from the safeties.

Depending on how the Rams plan to deploy Ramsey, Long could be tasked with covering Godwin or Evans from time to time. Los Angeles might need Ramsey on Gronk in the red zone, or they could use him in the slot like they have fairly often so far this season. Evans isn’t going to play the slot, which means Long could be lined up outside against one of the two premier receivers.

oldnotdead

Legend
Regardless of what Stafford says publicly, this is exactly the kind of game he wanted to play in. It's why he chose the Rams. Big time game, national coverage, and despite the early season scheduling, a lot of potential playoff implications down the road. You know this is big for him.

Regardless of all the usual noise from the media about the Bucs one thing is indisputable. They returned all their starters, so this is the same team the Rams beat with Malcolm Brown and Goff as their QB and starting RB. Brady only threw for 216 yds, 26 of 48, got sacked once and threw 2 TDs & 2 INTs. Goff threw 2 INTs but also threw for 3 TDs. I don't see Stafford throwing 2 INTs.

This team despite the injuries is improved at RB, QB and WR. Jefferson is a huge upgrade over Reynolds. The Bucs had no answer for Kupp and Woods, now add Jefferson and Higbee.

This is going to be a tough game but one the Rams IMO outmatch the vaunted Bucs. As long as the Rams don't self-destruct they win this game. That is the only concern I have.

BC Ramfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
BC Ramfan
The thing I wonder about is the loss of Staley's strategic defensive play calling acumen and deceptive secondary rotations. That was a huge part of last year's D success and IMO we'll need that disruptive unpredictability to stifle the BradyBucs.

So far I see no evidence that Raheem (much as I like his style) has that, hoping to see something other than the soft zone rope-a-dope we've seen so far that Brady should feast on. Surprise me Raheem!

BC

Name
Francisco
looks like Brown is out for Tampons. Rams D have to constantly account for Gronk, Goodwin. Gotta put pressure on Cheating MoFo or he'll pick D apart. Force a turnover or two and Rams win.
Yep, pay attention to Gronk and Godwin. Just go ahead and ignore Mike Evans.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is going to tell me a lot about Hendo this week.
If it's just a pain issue and playing will not be a health risk
Take a shot (preferably not in the lungs)
and get your ass on the field!!!!!! Time to man the fuck up!!