PREGAME Pregame Thread Bucs vs Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Rumor is the Bucs first rd. Pick from Washington is a better option already.

Big Whit is looking like a fountain of Youth as much as Brady.There is something to be said about keeping your mind & body right in the off-season.
JPP wishes he count 4 reasons why he should have thought about taking care of his body a few years back.

Psycho_X

Legend
Rumor is the Bucs first rd. Pick from Washington is a better option already.

Big Whit is looking like a fountain of Youth as much as Brady.There is something to be said about keeping your mind & body right in the off-season.
JPP wishes he count 4 reasons why he should have thought about taking care of his body a few years back.
Yeah Tryon is looking like a really good pick for them. Weakens their rotation for late in the game at least.

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

1632415637523.png

Jason Pierre-Paul being on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers injury report is nothing new. So when he landed there again on Wednesday’s first report of the week. Not too many people blinked.

But then there were Instagram posts of JPP traveling on a day when the team was practicing, lending a little more concern and attention to the situation at hand.

Speaking of hands, it was that and a shoulder which landed the Bucs’ outside linebacker on the list in the first place, and now it may keep him out of this weekend’s highly touted bout with the Los Angeles Rams.

While Pierre-Paul has yet to record a sack or a quarterback hit in the 2021 NFL Season, his presence on the field alone can’t be understated.

If rest truly is the best option for the star pass rusher at this point, it opens the door to more playing time for younger edge defenders like Anthony Nelson and 2021 first-round draft pick, Joe Tryon-Shoyinka.

Tryon-Shoyinka figures to get the start and have the biggest workload increase, but going from 21 defensive snaps against the Dallas Cowboys in Week 1, and 19 in Week 2 against the Atlanta Falcons to replacing the full 61-snap workload carried by JPP last weekend alone, seems unlikely.

If he does get the start, it would be a big uptick in responsibility and opportunity for the young linebacker, who would be starting his first game of record since a one tackle performance against Boise State in a Washington Huskies win on December 21, 2019.

Noles1724

UDFA
Name
Noles1724
oh and I've been lurking the board for a couple of days and keep seeing "this is the same team that we beat last year, why would we lose" being thrown around. while that is true, we got smoked by the saints twice in the regular season and then retired Brees in N.O. so I wouldn't be too comfortable with that being your crutch.

While I realize you guys got better at the QB position, I'm still going to lean on Stafford having a horrible record against winning teams as an equalizer. 8/67 (.106) after last season.

Should be a good game but Vita Vea might be overlooked here by you guys. IMO he's the reason why we got to the superbowl last year. With him coming off of IR just in time for the GB game, I didn't believe we would win prior to news reports of his return. He's that important to the D.

Psycho_X

Legend
Tryon is a lighter type player than what JPP is as well, plus he's a rookie, so that would be a very good place to test our run game towards. Might be what the doctor ordered against this otherwise extremely stout run defense. And as mentioned previously, not having JPP really hampers their rotational ability especially in the 4th quarter.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
For those who read my posts & comments on OLB'er Floyd after the Bears game when I posted that Floyd did not look right & he was having issues with his ankle/foot....he did not come out on the injury list last week. Well, last Sunday he was also off his game again with missed tackles so now we finally see Floyd on the injury list. My old eyes have not given out just yet.

If rookie Garrett can get going this Sunday on 3rd & long situations along with solid run down defender OLB Justin Lawler with his broken hand/ fresh out of surgery can go........ then throw in 2nd yr weak side OLB'er Terrell Lewis as a full go Rams might put Floyd down for a few games & get his ankle back to full health.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

d0c5fd5f7aa9e3bc9c7e246b549dcbd7

With a marquee matchup coming on Sunday afternoon against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the Los Angeles Rams began their week of preparation on the field Wednesday with a walk-through and practice. Sean McVay wasn’t present for the walk-through as he was feeling under the weather – he tested negative for COVID-19 – but the session still went on and was run by Kevin O’Connell and Raheem Morris.

On the injury front, the Rams have two key starters who are banged up ahead of Week 3. Darrell Henderson Jr. injured his ribs in Sunday’s win over the Colts and is uncertain to play this weekend. He was a non-participant Wednesday, which is expected to be the case Thursday, too.

McVay said the team would play it safe with their running back and evaluate his pain tolerance on Friday to determine if he can play against the Bucs.

Leonard Floyd was also a non-participant due to an ankle injury on Wednesday, though the severity is not yet known.

Last edited:

Moozician

itsabucslife.com
Name
Mooz
Bucs have a lot of negatives right now... JPP, AB out. Secondary depleted... Still yet, they will win.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yeah Tryon is looking like a really good pick for them. Weakens their rotation for late in the game at least.

Well it will be a good test for The Rams this weekend. I just think it is what it is & look forward to seeing which Ram players step up against Tampa Bay.I’d HATE to see The Rams lose to Tom Brady anytime,after all the History there has been from the past.
Fuller called Tom Brady out.Hope he didn’t expose himself.
I believe Fuller’s weakness is his speed to cover a fast WR 1 on 1. I’ll find the match ups interesting & just enjoy this Rams teams Vibe win or lose.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
For those who read my posts & comments on OLB'er Floyd after the Bears game when I posted that Floyd did not look right & he was having issues with his ankle/foot....he did not come out on the injury list last week. Well, last Sunday he was also off his game again with missed tackles so now we finally see Floyd on the injury list. My old eyes have not given out just yet.

If rookie Garrett can get going this Sunday on 3rd & long situations along with solid run down defender OLB Justin Lawler with his broken hand/ fresh out of surgery can go........ then throw in 2nd yr weak side OLB'er Terrell Lewis as a full go Rams might put Floyd down for a few games & get his ankle back to full health.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With a marquee matchup coming on Sunday afternoon against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the Los Angeles Rams began their week of preparation on the field Wednesday with a walk-through and practice. Sean McVay wasn’t present for the walk-through as he was feeling under the weather – he tested negative for COVID-19 – but the session still went on and was run by Kevin O’Connell and Raheem Morris.

On the injury front, the Rams have two key starters who are banged up ahead of Week 3. Darrell Henderson Jr. injured his ribs in Sunday’s win over the Colts and is uncertain to play this weekend. He was a non-participant Wednesday, which is expected to be the case Thursday, too.

McVay said the team would play it safe with their running back and evaluate his pain tolerance on Friday to determine if he can play against the Bucs.

Leonard Floyd was also a non-participant due to an ankle injury on Wednesday, though the severity is not yet known.

min all respect Bonifay’d your eyes are good,but not so sure about your prediction. At what point do you think Floyd will miss this Sunday’s game? I see he did not practice & I also think Henderson should be good to go as well. Rest is a way of getting players healthy.
Justin Lawler was cut & found his way onto The Rams practice squad & lineup. Garrett being healthy from Covid should reduce his position to practice squad. Did he actually practice? I’m assuming not?

look forward to seeing the different match ups & player rotations.I’ve been enjoying it will know more after the game. Cheers to your vision,always appreciated.

Psycho_X

Legend
oh and I've been lurking the board for a couple of days and keep seeing "this is the same team that we beat last year, why would we lose" being thrown around. while that is true, we got smoked by the saints twice in the regular season and then retired Brees in N.O. so I wouldn't be too comfortable with that being your crutch.

While I realize you guys got better at the QB position, I'm still going to lean on Stafford having a horrible record against winning teams as an equalizer. 8/67 (.106) after last season.

Should be a good game but Vita Vea might be overlooked here by you guys. IMO he's the reason why we got to the superbowl last year. With him coming off of IR just in time for the GB game, I didn't believe we would win prior to news reports of his return. He's that important to the D.
Vita Vea is definitely a concern. Center position was a huge issue for us last season and we were all concerned about it before training camp but so far Allen has been our best o-lineman this season and has faced a couple of very good defensive lines. Still, Vea is another level up for him to be tested against. Overall, our o-line is good but can be exposed by power inside at times so it'll be a slugfest in there for sure. I said in another thread that if we can play your front defensive 7 as well as we did the first two teams we've played I think we will win. But if they fail to contain Vea, Suh, Barrett, etc it might get ugly for us.

If I'm being non-homer I'd stick with Vegas and give this game a 51/49 edge to the Bucs mostly because our defense has had issues between the redzones so far this year. Hopefully our defense can put it all together this game and quit missing tackles and sacks like opposing players are made out of hot butter and we can kick your guys ass. :)

Tano

Legend
Vita Vea is definitely a concern. Center position was a huge issue for us last season and we were all concerned about it before training camp but so far Allen has been our best o-lineman this season and has faced a couple of very good defensive lines. Still, Vea is another level up for him to be tested against. Overall, our o-line is good but can be exposed by power inside at times so it'll be a slugfest in there for sure. I said in another thread that if we can play your front defensive 7 as well as we did the first two teams we've played I think we will win. But if they fail to contain Vea, Suh, Barrett, etc it might get ugly for us.

If I'm being non-homer I'd stick with Vegas and give this game a 51/49 edge to the Bucs mostly because our defense has had issues between the redzones so far this year. Hopefully our defense can put it all together this game and quit missing tackles and sacks like opposing players are made out of hot butter and we can kick your guys ass. :)
1632421100439.png

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing

So far Stafford has faced two playoff teams whose record was at least .500 last year.

The Bucs have played two teams with losing records and have allowed them to score a lot of points. And both teams have bad secondaries as well.

Last edited:

Noles1724

UDFA
Name
Noles1724
The Bucs have played two teams with losing records and have allowed them to score a lot of points. And both teams have bad secondaries as well.
confused.. so Brady should or shouldn't be leading the league in passing TDs?

as to our D being questionable, as mentioned in this thread, a lot of fans on TBs board (https://www.itsabucslife.com/index.php) are having issues.. particularly with the secondary. Personally, I'm ok with it. We've yet to be full strength/whole game and we're not giving up bombs. Teams are having to go very deep into the playbook on their drives and I'm ok with that. Our pass rush will start to get home and we'll start to get healthy (hopefully). Especially if teams keep shutting down rushing attempts, thus more pass attempts and more chances for mistakes to be made in the turnover department.

ATL Game - had a big lead, got bored and allowed it to get to 3 pts, then scored 3 TDs (1 O, 2 Def) to coast to the W.
- Matt Ryan's leading receiver is Mike Edwards for the year.. Mike Edwards plays for Tampa.
Dal Game - Prescott played amazing, DAL probably has the best OL we'll see this year (possibly the league), top 10 WR (not my IMO, but talking heads seem to think it), and a top tier RB.. We got DAL best shot and still got the W.. very ok with that. Dak stays healthy, that team will be a playoff team..especially in the division.

Psycho_X

Legend

View: https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1441146744532705287?s=20

majrleaged

Hall of Fame

Leaning on Staffords record against winning teams is to forget it's a team game. These Rams are not Detroit.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

here's what i want you to do.

click on your avatar so you can edit it and move the box all the way down on that picture.

please.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Primarily here for the boobies and butt thread in OT, but figured I'd pop in here as well.

GL this weekend

Ah, yes. I'd say good luck to you, but given that you have Brady and Gronk...well, sorry.

I do love the Darden pick you guys made; I was his biggest fangirl here.