PREGAME Pregame Thread Bucs vs Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
Just some Stats to give you an idea what the Bucs have been doing last couple of games.
Their Pass defense appears to have been weak so far, while the run D has been very good .

Bucs haven't done much running the ball so far. Which I feel may change against Rams.
our sack #'s have not been outstanding, but our pressure has been consistent and Brady is a statute.
So the Bucs are probably have play a lot of Quick pas game and try to establish the run before they
risk some slower developing plays

Brady has 86 pass att.'s in 2 games (30 more than Stafford.) 65% comp percentage 330.5 yds per game with 7.6 avg yds per pass.
9 TD passes 3int's

Bucs have 0 rushing TD's
No back on Buc's has eclipsed 100 yds for the season (2 games)
Fournette is the leading rusher with 84yds this season. 4.2yds per carry.

Bucs defense has allowed 7 40+ passing plays in two games
Bucs are allowing 27pts per game.
Bucs have 2 best rushing yds allowed. 57.5 yds per game
Bucs ranked 30th in passing yards allowed. 342 yds per game.
Bucs have created 2 sacks this season and 5 TFL's

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
looks like Brown is out for Tampons. Rams D have to constantly account for Gronk, Goodwin. Gotta put pressure on Cheating MoFo or he'll pick D apart. Force a turnover or two and Rams win.

Tano

Legend
looks like Brown is out for Tampons. Rams D have to constantly account for Gronk, Goodwin. Gotta put pressure on Cheating MoFo or he'll pick D apart. Force a turnover or two and Rams win.
Brady has been throwing a lot of picks lately

Need to take advantage of them

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yep . Sure does.
Hey Bubba looking at their pass D. I get the feeling Stafford is gonna Feast.
I'm thinking we gonna put up some sack #'s as well.
You got any gut feelings about this one?

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I do Coach. I' believe McVay has been scheming for this game since the schedule came out. I also think he has been holding back and playing basic vanilla the first two games so as not to give Arians a clue.

I expect to see more play action, 12 personel and DeSean Jack more involved. McVay has been saving DJ just for this game.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
Brady has been throwing a lot of picks lately

Need to take advantage of them
RIght :fistbump1: He is also gonna be feeling more heat than he has in the first two games.

If it wasn't for Wentz's disappearing act under pressure we would have sacked him 6-9 times last week.
Our D front have missed some sacks the last two weeks . I think they are hungry as hell.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
I' believe McVay has been scheming for this game since the schedule came out.
LOL. Oh yea. Agree 100%

I expect to see more play action, 12 personel and DeSean Jack more involved. McVay has been saving DJ just for this game.
I was thinking the same.

it's time to
1632348255093.png

RamWoodie

Legend
The word is out that Brown will be in COVID protocol.

Nonetheless I think the Rams D' will come with a lot of nickle in the secondary to defend the Bucs passing.

It's on the secondary and LBs TO TACKLE WELL!!!

The Rams have had their way with Arians' offenses, so that a good thing...BUT...Brady has brought Arians around to giving him more control at the LOS.

Thing that most of "talking heads" are forgetting is THE RAMS WR CORPs!!! They tingle with the Bucs though...and this is where they're going to get burned.

I'm saying it now...I think this is a big game for Higbeast...he will have the best production Sunday!!! Tampa is gonna "over/under" Kupp to hold him down, which will bring Higbeast to the forefront.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I do Coach. I' believe McVay has been scheming for this game since the schedule came out. I also think he has been holding back and playing basic vanilla the first two games so as not to give Arians a clue.

I agree with everything but the 12 personnel. Could easily see some 10 personnel 4 WR sets involving D. Jackson though, along with a continuation of our basic 11 personnel sets.
While I believe we'll see an enhanced offensive playbook being utilized, I can't imagine this would be the game where we get gimmicky with players who haven't seen much/any action just yet. jmo.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
Keep the ball away from the Bucs offense. Time of possession will be important Sunday.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Interesting offensive trends from McVay this year, versus the previous 4 with Goff in regards to Play Action passes. Stafford obviously prefers to play from shotgun whereas we've seen Goff almost exclusively playing from under the center since 2017. Great to see McVay adapt the offense to fit Stafford's skill set and preferences.

Given the status of the Tampa Bay secondary, I expect us to come out in a lot of 4 and 5 wide shotgun sets. It was very successful for us last year, and maybe we see some wrikles off of those formations. I doubt we will have much success running the ball against the JPP, Vea, Suh, Barrett, White, David front.

1632366418985.png

1632366443663.png

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I don't think there's many defenses that can handle the Rams in 4 wide. I'd say odds are in our favor in that look as long as the yardage is reasonable.

But that run game and defense are gonna determine if we can go all the way IMO. Pass game already looks up to snuff.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I don't think there's many defenses that can handle the Rams in 4 wide. I'd say odds are in our favor in that look as long as the yardage is reasonable.

Right?! Yeah, we must be a nightmare for secondaries… (and we’ve not seen much of Jackson, Atwell, and the freak Harris).

The Bucs have got to expect us to come out passing… So, we need to be ready for a wrinkle or two on defense from them.