Practice Squad Signings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Another wasted slot, Thomas just tweeted Veltung made the squad.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Pretty sure we're going to add 2 CBs (Woodard and Reid, prolly), one Safety ( Christian Bryant), one QB (Garrett Gilbert), and probably a LB (edit: or Veltung...LOL)

There was no room on the PS for a DL as it was...putting Conrath on the DL iced it for Sam.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ten spots this year, still room for a linebacker or two.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Pretty sure we're going to add 2 CBs (Woodard and Reid, prolly), one Safety ( Christian Bryant), one QB (Garrett Gilbert), and probably a LB (edit: or Veltung...LOL)

There was no room on the PS for a DL as it was...putting Conrath on the DL iced it for Sam.

Nah, by the looks of it the practice squad is for players that offer very little future potential. That means no Reid, Bryant, Sam or Gilbert. My guesses, Harlan, Sabino, Jarrid Bryant and Avery Cunningham com back. <blue font>

CoachO

Hall of Fame

don't be too sure about that

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Another blown opportunity with Veltung now taking up a spot. A mediocre return man with little promise as a receiver.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Wouldn't make much sense to have him back 24 hours later for no reason.
he was already scheduled to meet with Fisher, to get his "exit interview" as he was not on site yesterday and only talked to Fisher on the phone. Fisher makes a point to talk face to face with every player who they release, so it could be nothing more than that.

Slappy967

Starter
Valid point. I hadn't heard his visit from the Turk was via cellphone. Cautiously optimistic that we are signing him.

A320driver

Rookie
I guess no one believed me when I said that Hooey actually graded out pretty well at RIGHT TACKLE throughout the Preseason. While others might not like this one, I knew it was very likely. They are rolling the dice going with 8 healthy OL until Jones can get back. So they need guys who KNOW THE SYSTEM on the PS.
t.
I can tell you only the facts here: everyone is guilty of remembering the implosion at LT, and that's all they seem/ want to remember ? If we were all so damn smart, and knowledgable how come we are not in the coaching profession ;)
All kidding aside, I have never seen so much unfounded, uneducated, and unreasonable questioning of an NFL coaching staff...You read one thread about Fischer, and or Boo being the guy ! And then a bunch of "Hooey"
Sorry I couldn't resist :) !...About how they pick who is the better player, or who they sign immediately as to their importance to the team.
As coach O has stated all along, Hooey graded out better than most of the back ups during the pre season at his primary position which had been identified as RT...his play at LT and for the sake of this discussion at RT had some break downs all consistently in the 4th qtr. of every game. Played pretty close to the most snaps in pre season..He was struggling with his focus from the fatigue, and was sloppy in the very last series in each game...He was really strong in the run game, and unlike other backups..He finishes his blocks very strongly. In the pass pro his problems have not been in his setting initially, because he gets back very quickly! It was with his maintaining contact, and or not keeping his feet moving.
These things are fixable ! In 4 games he was never off sides..had no false starts..In fact he had no penalties, and had no missed assignments..which is football coach speak for screwing up the play book.
So if you have a guy with all of the tools..the smarts..who didn't get as much playing time in college, or his previous year as a rookie, and he has greatly improved in your system in just one pre season/ OTA's ;getting better with every rep you give him, You have brought him in initially as a project..And now you guys think we should let him go so another team can take advantage of OUR time we have put into this guy so he can help some other TEAMS beat us ?

I think I will invest in my next stock long term mind you ...Let it gain about 8% for a year, and then sell it all right when it's about to go through the roof the next year while it splits?

Before you all continue to throw the staff under the bus here's a little factoid: Over 50% of ALL first round picks never produce as to their projected draft position as it applies to participation..number of games started..longevity as a starter over years played.

The ugly duckling story is alive and well in the NFL ....And so is the First round sure thing bust saga
It just takes longer cause money dictates you give a drafted guy every chance...UDFA don't get second chances
They earn them ;)
The coaches know what they've got...trust them this kid is gonna be a solid player !

WarRam

UDFA
I think sometimes Fisher is to loyal to some players and so he will keep a player around even if their is a better players in free agency. He just always been that way

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
he was already scheduled to meet with Fisher, to get his "exit interview" as he was not on site yesterday and only talked to Fisher on the phone. Fisher makes a point to talk face to face with every player who they release, so it could be nothing more than that.

Okay, who gave CoachO an inappropriate for this? There's nothing that's inappropriate in this post, and it's been mentioned numerous times that the inappropriate button is not supposed to be used to "dislike" a post. It's there for any behavior that's out of line.

A320driver

Rookie
I think sometimes Fisher is to loyal to some players and so he will keep a player around even if their is a better players in free agency. He just always been that way

I think that while some coaches are guys that players really like playing for IE. Carroll, Fischer, John Harbough.
There are others that they dislike immensely ! John's brother, Mike Singletary , to name a few...coaches do get bonded to certain players but , for a serious reason ! ...they know them, and what they have.
All coaches are guilty as he'll of this! Belechick..Parcells..Peyton..they will grab a guy they know versus taking a stab at an unknown especially in mid season!
So Iam saying you are right, but don't make anything out of it other than what it is...NFL coaches have to be able to trust a guy before he gets on the field...it's real hard to do develop that after the pre season !

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Okay, who gave CoachO an inappropriate for this? There's nothing that's inappropriate in this post, and it's been mentioned numerous times that the inappropriate button is not supposed to be used to "dislike" a post. It's there for any behavior that's out of line.

Not sure, but ROD might want to change its layout a little. Cuz the inappropriate button is right next to the like button. At least on my phone it is. I'm sure someone went to hit like and got inappropriate instead.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
t.
I can tell you only the facts here: everyone is guilty of remembering the implosion at LT, and that's all they seem/ want to remember ? If we were all so damn smart, and knowledgable how come we are not in the coaching profession ;)
All kidding aside, I have never seen so much unfounded, uneducated, and unreasonable questioning of an NFL coaching staff...You read one thread about Fischer, and or Boo being the guy ! And then a bunch of "Hooey"
Sorry I couldn't resist :) !...About how they pick who is the better player, or who they sign immediately as to their importance to the team.
As coach O has stated all along, Hooey graded out better than most of the back ups during the pre season at his primary position which had been identified as RT...his play at LT and for the sake of this discussion at RT had some break downs all consistently in the 4th qtr. of every game. Played pretty close to the most snaps in pre season..He was struggling with his focus from the fatigue, and was sloppy in the very last series in each game...He was really strong in the run game, and unlike other backups..He finishes his blocks very strongly. In the pass pro his problems have not been in his setting initially, because he gets back very quickly! It was with his maintaining contact, and or not keeping his feet moving.
These things are fixable ! In 4 games he was never off sides..had no false starts..In fact he had no penalties, and had no missed assignments..which is football coach speak for screwing up the play book.
So if you have a guy with all of the tools..the smarts..who didn't get as much playing time in college, or his previous year as a rookie, and he has greatly improved in your system in just one pre season/ OTA's ;getting better with every rep you give him, You have brought him in initially as a project..And now you guys think we should let him go so another team can take advantage of OUR time we have put into this guy so he can help some other TEAMS beat us ?

I think I will invest in my next stock long term mind you ...Let it gain about 8% for a year, and then sell it all right when it's about to go through the roof the next year while it splits?

Before you all continue to throw the staff under the bus here's a little factoid: Over 50% of ALL first round picks never produce as to their projected draft position as it applies to participation..number of games started..longevity as a starter over years played.

The ugly duckling story is alive and well in the NFL ....And so is the First round sure thing bust saga
It just takes longer cause money dictates you give a drafted guy every chance...UDFA don't get second chances
They earn them ;)
The coaches know what they've got...trust them this kid is gonna be a solid player !

1. You may be taking what posters say a bit too literally
2. Some posters actually do have good ideas that later are proven to be so
3. Coaches are not infallible gods
4. All posters realize they are not coaches and aren't privy to all inside info, but it does not keep them from venting about the loss of favorite players, etc...

SierraRam

Recreational User

we should make it similar to the "like" button. If you push it, your name appears. That might make for some lively debate..