Practice Squad Signings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Why Hooey? Why? No other OL across the NFL that was cut that is better than this swinging door? None?

A55VA6

Legend
Hooey sucked this preseason, but I'm not surprised to see him on the Practice Squad. Rams like him.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm very disappointed to see both these guys on here so far honestly. At some point, you need to cut ties. Never will either be good enough to make the 53 in my opinion. If they do because of injury, the season is over. Time to get some younger project guys that can develop into something.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Hooey? I've never wanted Barksdale to never miss a snap more in my life...

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I guess no one believed me when I said that Hooey actually graded out pretty well at RIGHT TACKLE throughout the Preseason. While others might not like this one, I knew it was very likely. They are rolling the dice going with 8 healthy OL until Jones can get back. So they need guys who KNOW THE SYSTEM on the PS.

Ladoc

UDFA
Name
Garth
I guess no one believed me when I said that Hooey actually graded out pretty well at RIGHT TACKLE throughout the Preseason. While others might not like this one, I knew it was very likely. They are rolling the dice going with 8 healthy OL until Jones can get back. So they need guys who KNOW THE SYSTEM on the PS.
Well the health of that Oline is tenuously suspect and fragile so we will see if that was smart. I suppose this is a significant endorsement of jones...

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Hey @CoachO , I know your not allowed to share your info, but with the possibilities you are aware of, are there any players from maybe other teams that the rams may try to get on our practice squad?

Last edited:

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Hey Coacho, I know your not allowed to share your info, but with the possibilities you are aware of, are there any players from maybe other teams that the rams may try to get on our practice squad?
Honestly don't have any access to that information.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack

They must really like Conrath. Wonder if this means Sam doesn't get a spot. I'm still assuming Bryant, and one of Reid or Woodard make it. Plus a couple LBers.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I did and thought he did pretty well protecting Davis against Miami on several plays ,apparently so did Fish

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Well, there ya go...

Michael Sam won't be a Ram... no way in hell the Rams carry 2 DL on the PS...

and F'n CONRATH!!!! Seriously, I don't get why they like him. He doesn't hold the point of attack, he doesn't penetrate, he doesn't collapse the pocket and he gets moved on running plays. Every big play involving the twos or threes I saw seemed to involve watching Conrath getting pushed out of the way and the opposing RB running to daylight...

However we construct this PS, get guys who are going to either develop in the future or help us win now. But this? This is ridiculous... F'n Conrath?

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
The way I see it, if we add one corner, one safety, two linebackers, one quarterback and one receiver that would leave us with one spot left. For Sam? Who knows.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
These players we are adding on practice squad are a waste. Conrath? I get they like his size but he has no idea how to use it. Did he even make a tackle this preseason? Didn't hear him once. And Hooey? This guy just won't go away. You can tell me he grades out well at right tackle but I can't imagine he's good enough there to make up for being completely worthless any where else. They seem to value versatility on the line so why keep him around when he is so tragically inept in all but one spot?