Practice Squad Signings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I have tried doing some research on the issue and cant seem to find much on the odds of practice squad players eventually making it to the nfl. Does anyone else have that info? I think that is what really needs to be noted and addressed.

Tough to put a finger on that. If a team is bad then they are more likely to turn PS players into starters. The Rams did it for years, especially under Devanney.

Athos

Legend
Conrath is a colossal waste of a PS spot. Hate it.

Did a lot of nothing.

Veltung again? Is he a ST star or something? The gunner mainstay? Because there's a guy who can't play WR. Not that I've seen.

There are some cut WRs out there I'd have taken instead.

A320driver

Rookie
So, in other words there is no place in this world for a fan forum or people voicing their own opinions? Just agree with every move that the coaches make? I cannot remember how Spagnoulo and Linehan made out with all of their decisions, hmm. Fisher is a .500 coach with 1 SB appearance in 15 years? Hardly infallible or unquestionable.
Not at all my friend ! You called me out and I gave you my answer ....It's all good ;)

A320driver

Rookie
I have no issues with this PS list other than Hooey. He's a marginal football player in my eyes. I understand that he's a 24 year old project with great size...but i haven't seen anything at all in games that tells me he can play at this level.

Glad he's not on the roster.

As Coach O stated...Obviously you didn't agree with his assessment ..And that's healthy, but dude you need to learn how to watch the tape replay!...HaHa :)

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
As Coach O stated...Obviously you didn't agree with his assessment ..And that's healthy, but dude you need to learn how to watch the tape replay!...HaHa :)
I watched every preseason game twice through. Once live and once going back and forth using the 10 sec clicker.
I very much respect CoachO's views on practice but i also trust mine own eyes when it comes to gameday. :)

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
@DougKyedNESN: For those hoping the Patriots would sign LB Kevin Reddick, he signed with the Rams practice squad, according to a source.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
What's the scoop on this guy?

GRADE
2539271.jpg

Kevin Reddick (ILB)
HT: 6'1" WT: 243LBS.

POSITION: ILB

SCHOOL: North Carolina

ARM LENGTH: 32 1/4"

HANDS: 9 3/4"

Overview
Everyone knows the trials and tribulations that the North Carolina football program has faced over the past couple of seasons, but Reddick’s suffered his own personal setbacks while in Chapel Hill. He played a season at Hargrave Military Academy after his qualifying ACT score caused a red flag from the NCAA (he failed to meet the required mark on his re-take). Reddick then enrolled at Chapel Hill in January 2009, but missed most of spring practices with mononucleosis. As if that wasn’t enough, the North Carolina native lost his high school state championship ring and pictures of his young daughter in an apartment fire (started on the floor above) in July 2010.

Reddick has certainly proven himself when on the field, playing in every game and starting the final seven (45 tackles, 5.5 for loss) as a true freshman. He lined up in the middle for all 13 games in 2010, leading a very deep and talented team in tackles with 74, six for loss, and five pass breakups; he also returned an interception 22 yards for a touchdown against Virginia. Though he wasn’t fully healthy during 2011, missing one game and another start with an ankle sprain, the team captain still managed 74 tackles, six for loss. As a senior, Reddick’s role expanded greatly. He still played plenty of snaps at middle linebacker in the base defense, but North Carolina used him more extensively as a blitzer and put him on the edge more often (both as a stand-up linebacker and as a defensive end), very similarly to how Brandon Spikes’ role grew as a senior with the Florida Gators. He totaled 85 tackles, 18.5 tackles for loss, and 6.5 sacks while earning first-team All-Conference honors.

COMBINE STATS
  • 40 YARD DASH: 4.72 SEC
  • BENCH PRESS: 23 REPS
  • BROAD JUMP: 113.0 INCH

ANALYSIS
Strengths
Intelligent, hard-working defender who consistently fulfills his assignments. When at middle linebacker, he reads his keys, doesn’t freelance, hits his run fits, and doesn’t play outside of his abilities. Good vision to the ball, out-quicks approaching linemen, works his way through trash well, and has the upper body strength to wrap up running backs coming through the hole. Also takes out linemen with cut blocks to free up teammates to make the stop. Shows surprising dip and flexibility around the edge as a defensive end, and boxes well to force the ball back inside. Does not possess sideline to sideline range, but has a nice short area closing burst, coming downhill quickly on blitzing or seeing a lane to a running back. Breaks down quickly to grab elusive ballcarriers trying to cut against the grain. Can handle short areas in zone coverage over the middle against tight ends and crossers, and is capable of dropping into coverage even after showing blitz in the A-gaps before the snap.

Weaknesses
Height works against him at times; loses the leverage battle in the run game and struggles dealing with trash at his feet, being susceptible to cut blocks. Better reading his keys to beat blockers to their spot than taking them on and disengaging. Gets overaggressive shooting gaps and running himself upfield, allowing backs to find cutback lanes. Lacks elite recovery speed to catch ballcarriers if he false steps or is unable to get off a block. Must prove he has the stamina to play four quarters at a high level in the NFL. Phone booth player with average change-of-direction ability who will struggle in space. Although he played more on the edge as a senior, it’s unlikely that he has the length or athleticism to do so in the NFL.

NFL Comparison
Kevin Burnett

Bottom Line
Reddick is yet another North Carolina defender with a somewhat turbulent career but possesses the size and athleticism NFL scouts covet in a prospect likely to be picked on the second day of the draft. The four-year starter presents some position versatility in the NFL. He could start in the middle in the NFL as a thumper for a 3-4 team, or, if he proves he has the athleticism, could possibly be a candidate at strongside linebacker for some teams. This position versatility, his production over four seasons starting, and excellent size make Reddick a likely late second to early third day candidate.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Entertaining thread should be re titled how I feel about the P.S, Coach O and the inappropriate button.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
At UNC - he was a standout on the field but I heard chirps that he was pretty immature. Hopefully, that is behind him.

A320driver

Rookie
I watched every preseason game twice through. Once live and once going back and forth using the 10 sec clicker.
I very much respect CoachO's views on practice but i also trust mine own eyes when it comes to gameday. :)

I respect your opinion :) I hope that you are wrong in a lot of ways ! Cause that will be good for this team!
But not mad at you if your right ;)