Practice Squad Signings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
could be nothing,,, could be ?......

Well, that's the very definition of a tease... I'd LIKE to believe that Fisher's going heavy on the DL, but the numbers don't add up to me... Then again, maybe some guys don't make it on the PS we think should...

It wouldn't surprise me if Fisher is waiting on that last spot for Sam as a floating spot

Last edited:

A320driver

Rookie
1. You may be taking what posters say a bit too literally
2. Some posters actually do have good ideas that later are proven to be so
3. Coaches are not infallible gods
4. All posters realize they are not coaches and aren't privy to all inside info, but it does not keep them from venting about the loss of favorite players, etc...

Dude..I am a literal person. It's right there in front of you every time you post..think before you post.
I do not think or write conjecture here..just what I see with my own eyes, and what I read.
If you don't really mean it ..then don't post it.!
The words this guys a revolving door..sucks..are pretty straight forward wouldn't you agree ?
All I'm trying to do is explain where these guys are coming from when they make their decisions.
Do I agree with the coaches..yes I do !
How is throwing a kid under the bus a "good idea" it's not his fault they like what he brings to the table is it ?
I guess I can't be any simpler than that ;)

Last edited:

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
M
Marcus Lucas----big and fast, nice signing
Combine Results
Pro Day Results
Combine Invite:
Yes
Height:
Weight: 218
40 Yrd Dash: 4.53
20 Yrd Dash: 2.63
10 Yrd Dash: 1.63225 Lb. Bench Reps: 20
Vertical Jump: 36
Broad Jump: 10'04"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.25
3-Cone Drill: 7.07

Turns out Balzer mistook him for Veltung. Lucas with Carolina.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Not sure, but ROD might want to change its layout a little. Cuz the inappropriate button is right next to the like button. At least on my phone it is. I'm sure someone went to hit like and got inappropriate instead.

Someone would have to be pretty drunk to accidentally hit 'inappropriate' rather than 'like,' at least if one is using a pc. :) On my monitor 'reply' and 'quote' separates the two. Don't have a cell phone so it's probably a different layout. Phx would have to address that issue if that's even possible to change.

we should make it similar to the "like" button. If you push it, your name appears. That might make for some lively debate..

Then some, if not all, might be intimated and not use the 'inappropriate' function at all. As it is, a member who has over 100 posts can click it only 3 times a day. Plus any 'inappropriate' is cancelled out by a 'like.' It's a pretty good system which works when it's used correctly.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Wouldn't make much sense to have him back 24 hours later for no reason.
I read yesterday hat he was going to his exit interview with Fisher, because he was out of town with his family yesterday.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I read yesterday hat he was going to his exit interview with Fisher, because he was out of town with his family yesterday.
He was in Columbia. attending and being honored at the Mizzou game. (with Fisher's blessing)

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I have no issues with this PS list other than Hooey. He's a marginal football player in my eyes. I understand that he's a 24 year old project with great size...but i haven't seen anything at all in games that tells me he can play at this level.

Glad he's not on the roster.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The practice squad is an extension of the roster so I guess it's crucial to have players that understand the system and that's why across the NFL teams sign players that most of the time have been with them or a coach previously so they can practice and help get the starters get ready for Sunday.

Now that being posted they are short on offensive linemen and moved quickly to sign Washington and Hooey along with Conrath, who I am not a fan of and would have preferred Harlan, however, Conrath is bigger and the staff might see more upside in him. Veltung is very capable return guy in case the Rams need a guy, however, I concur with other posters who believe he does not offer much hope from a wide receiver perspective.

I too would like the Rams to look in other directions, however, some players like to stay where they know the coaching staffs and have been assured of the opportunity. I truly hope the Rams can add a few that were not on the roster especially a QB for example. However, in the end we have to hope the coaching staff is adding the best talent because one would surmise, they want to win too.

And BTW I agree with CoachO...Hooey is a RT not a LT and played very well at RT whereas Washington did a nice job at LT and can play guard as well.

Slappy967

Starter
So I am the no good rapscallion who hit inappropriate instead of like lol. My Galaxy note 3 failed me on that one. Sorry Coach!

RamWoodie

Legend
In my mind...if the staff thinks Hooey belongs on the squad...guess what? HE BELONGS ON THE SQUAD...(y)

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Dude..I am a literal person. It's right there in front of you every time you post..think before you post.
I do not think or write conjecture here..just what I see with my own eyes, and what I read.
If you don't really mean it ..then don't post it.!
The words this guys a revolving door..sucks..are pretty straight forward wouldn't you agree ?
All I'm trying to do is explain where these guys are coming from when they make their decisions.
Do I agree with the coaches..yes I do !
How is throwing a kid under the bus a "good idea" it's not his fault they like what he brings to the table is it ?
I guess I can't be any simpler than that ;)

So, in other words there is no place in this world for a fan forum or people voicing their own opinions? Just agree with every move that the coaches make? I cannot remember how Spagnoulo and Linehan made out with all of their decisions, hmm. Fisher is a .500 coach with 1 SB appearance in 15 years? Hardly infallible or unquestionable.

scifiman

The way I see it, if we add one corner, one safety, two linebackers, one quarterback and one receiver that would leave us with one spot left. For Sam? Who knows.
10 players on the PS this year. I think 2 OL, 1 qb, 2 db, 2 lb, 2 dl, 1 wr.

scifiman

I have tried doing some research on the issue and cant seem to find much on the odds of practice squad players eventually making it to the nfl. Does anyone else have that info? I think that is what really needs to be noted and addressed.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I have tried doing some research on the issue and cant seem to find much on the odds of practice squad players eventually making it to the nfl. Does anyone else have that info? I think that is what really needs to be noted and addressed.
I'm not sure. But wasn't Danny Amendola on Philly's practice squad when we signed him?