Practice Squad Signings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Hooey fits like that sweater your grandmother knitted for you when you were in the fifth grade. You remember the one? The sweater with the body big enough for three people and with one arm longer than the other...one sleeve had a cuff, the other didn't...she didn't wear her glasses when doing the teddy bear, so he actually looks like a psychotic wolverine...which actually got cooler as you got older, but you couldn't fit into it by then...

You know...? THAT one. He fits like THAT sweater... as in...not at all.
Still working on that new career I see,keep going that shit was funny

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Hey, sweater fit is important here in Florida.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Overall I don't understand why there is not a CB on the practice squad. I am also not happy with Veltung & Blake. I realize they need another return guy for practice purposes so Veltung fits that bill, but why Blake? Just don't see his upside like Franklin, but I guess knowing the system helps, however, how many years do you really want to carry a guy on your practice squad before it's time to cut bait?

A320driver

Rookie
Hooey fits like that sweater your grandmother knitted for you when you were in the fifth grade. You remember the one? The sweater with the body big enough for three people and with one arm longer than the other...one sleeve had a cuff, the other didn't...she didn't wear her glasses when doing the teddy bear, so he actually looks like a psychotic wolverine...which actually got cooler as you got older, but you couldn't fit into it by then...

You know...? THAT one. He fits like THAT sweater... as in...not at all.

Soooooo, another one who jumps on the bait !
Haha..Do you have any idea what that question was really relating to ?
Or was it just a chance to add levity to the discussion between myself and MOJO ?
BTW, I crack up every time I see your avatar :)

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
oh, I've completely forgotten at this point...

I know why I think Hooey doesn't fit and it doesn't involve the meltdown he had at LT, but I'm trying to let go of preseason. Hopefully, Hooey can continue to work with Coach Boo and make me forget the awfulness I've noticed at RT. I know, I know... he graded well at RT. Well, I saw patterns that gave me pause. That's what I do. I notice patterns. It's part of my training as a multimedia engineer.

As for levity....I rarely will NOT stop for the chance to add levity! Adding levity to someone else's discussion is like farting in your brother's face. It's just all good.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I figured you would say something really stupid like that...YOU have no idea what I was asking, and that just exposes your lack of knowledge IE. you have the football IQ of a third grader ;)
So how does your opinion have any value, and or weight when it comes to evaluating anyone you watch no matter if it's two times or several ? ..The tape could be going at a 100th of a millisecond and you still wouldn't know what your looking at ?
People should look at your posts..and hit delete ...just when it comes to your evaluation rants ;)
Please tell me you forgot the blue font

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I figured you would say something really stupid like that...YOU have no idea what I was asking, and that just exposes your lack of knowledge IE. you have the football IQ of a third grader ;)
So how does your opinion have any value, and or weight when it comes to evaluating anyone you watch no matter if it's two times or several ? ..The tape could be going at a 100th of a millisecond and you still wouldn't know what your looking at ?
People should look at your posts..and hit delete ...just when it comes to your evaluation rants ;)

I don't know you. But I do know Mojo from several years back. I think you need to back away from the kyboard and rethink your line of thought. It's okay to believe someone is wrong and it's all right to let someone know this....but there's no reason to demean someone just because you think your a front office shoo-in. The old saying is very true. Opinions are like assholes....don't be one.

Alan

Legend
Mackeyser with a universal truth:

As for levity....I rarely will NOT stop for the chance to add levity!
Like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like.

I could only give you one like on your post so I had to add some more here. (y) The humor that our posters bring to this forum is almost as big a reason for its success as the knowledge of football and the Rams they bring. One need only read the ROD Cut Down Day thread to understand what I mean. The posters and the humor is why I put up with the headaches and post here.

A320driver

Rookie

I know why I think Hooey doesn't fit and it doesn't involve the meltdown he had at LT, but I'm trying to let go of preseason. Hopefully, Hooey can continue to work with Coach Boo and make me forget the awfulness I've noticed at RT. I know, I know... he graded well at RT. Well, I saw patterns that gave me pause. That's what I do. I notice patterns. It's part of my training as a multimedia engineer.

As for levity....I rarely will NOT stop for the chance to add levity! Adding levity to someone else's discussion is like farting in your brother's face. It's just all good.

Just don't go eating exotic table fare before you explode in levity !
In all fairness it's a loaded question, and Im sure you could dazzle the heck out of us with a pretty deep engineering quote on how to render a few cuts?
But my background isn't multimedia ..it's football, and fitting is a term used to describe how an O lineman engages his attacker off of the snap ..there are several methods of how to teach a player to "fit" his attacker.
My reason for going into this is that what you think you are seeing/ watching..isn't very often what you would evaluate as acceptable technique, and or play.
It's as simple as that..The other thing is that sometimes I get a little to sensitive to the bashing of players, because mostly know one understands what's going on out there, and as a former player it's hard to keep my trap shut :)
Cheers ;)

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Well, I did architect the first Mac-based render farm, so...maybe with some sleep? LOL. Bedazzle you with jargon? Almost certainly. But depth? I dunno... Don't hang out too long with engineers?

I remember being in this one icebox...err... server room... and a fellow network engineer said, kinda out of the blue, that he was proud to be a nerd. And he was looking at me as if I was supposed to say something like he just said, "knock, knock". Then he said, "...because Network Engineers R Deep". Get it"

I told him he needed to stop breathing recycled air.

As for Hooey, in pass pro, too often, guys are getting past him. And straight up, so it's not a question of whose responsibility it was. Now, I dunno how he was supposed to fit. I dunno if the DE was a Lego and Hooey is a Duplo... see, I dunno all the technicalities. I just know the QB went Whammo.

So, if Hooey is gonna be a Ram... I don't care which blocks he plays with. I just want him to "fit" the way he's supposed to so that I'm not seeing Garrett Gilbert QBing for the Rams this season.

Alan

Legend
@Ramsey
@Dieter the Brock
http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/kevin-reddick?id=2539271
LB27
KEVIN REDDICK
ILB NORTH CAROLINA
2539271.jpg

GRADE

• 4.72 SEC
  • 23 REPS
  • 113.0 INCH
  • 6'1"HEIGHT
  • 32 1/4"ARM LENGTH
  • 243LBS.WEIGHT
  • 9 3/4"HANDS
OVERVIEW
Everyone knows the trials and tribulations that the North Carolina football program has faced over the past couple of seasons, but Reddick’s suffered his own personal setbacks while in Chapel Hill. He played a season at Hargrave Military Academy after his qualifying ACT score caused a red flag from the NCAA (he failed to meet the required mark on his re-take). Reddick then enrolled at Chapel Hill in January 2009, but missed most of spring practices with mononucleosis. As if that wasn’t enough, the North Carolina native lost his high school state championship ring and pictures of his young daughter in an apartment fire (started on the floor above) in July 2010.

Reddick has certainly proven himself when on the field, playing in every game and starting the final seven (45 tackles, 5.5 for loss) as a true freshman. He lined up in the middle for all 13 games in 2010, leading a very deep and talented team in tackles with 74, six for loss, and five pass breakups; he also returned an interception 22 yards for a touchdown against Virginia. Though he wasn’t fully healthy during 2011, missing one game and another start with an ankle sprain, the team captain still managed 74 tackles, six for loss. As a senior, Reddick’s role expanded greatly. He still played plenty of snaps at middle linebacker in the base defense, but North Carolina used him more extensively as a blitzer and put him on the edge more often (both as a stand-up linebacker and as a defensive end), very similarly to how Brandon Spikes’ role grew as a senior with the Florida Gators. He totaled 85 tackles, 18.5 tackles for loss, and 6.5 sacks while earning first-team All-Conference honors.

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS
Intelligent, hard-working defender who consistently fulfills his assignments. When at middle linebacker, he reads his keys, doesn’t freelance, hits his run fits, and doesn’t play outside of his abilities. Good vision to the ball, out-quicks approaching linemen, works his way through trash well, and has the upper body strength to wrap up running backs coming through the hole. Also takes out linemen with cut blocks to free up teammates to make the stop. Shows surprising dip and flexibility around the edge as a defensive end, and boxes well to force the ball back inside. Does not possess sideline to sideline range, but has a nice short area closing burst, coming downhill quickly on blitzing or seeing a lane to a running back. Breaks down quickly to grab elusive ballcarriers trying to cut against the grain. Can handle short areas in zone coverage over the middle against tight ends and crossers, and is capable of dropping into coverage even after showing blitz in the A-gaps before the snap.

WEAKNESSES
Height works against him at times; loses the leverage battle in the run game and struggles dealing with trash at his feet, being susceptible to cut blocks. Better reading his keys to beat blockers to their spot than taking them on and disengaging. Gets overaggressive shooting gaps and running himself upfield, allowing backs to find cutback lanes. Lacks elite recovery speed to catch ballcarriers if he false steps or is unable to get off a block. Must prove he has the stamina to play four quarters at a high level in the NFL. Phone booth player with average change-of-direction ability who will struggle in space. Although he played more on the edge as a senior, it’s unlikely that he has the length or athleticism to do so in the NFL.

NFL COMPARISON
Kevin Burnett

BOTTOM LINE
Reddick is yet another North Carolina defender with a somewhat turbulent career but possesses the size and athleticism NFL scouts covet in a prospect likely to be picked on the second day of the draft. The four-year starter presents some position versatility in the NFL. He could start in the middle in the NFL as a thumper for a 3-4 team, or, if he proves he has the athleticism, could possibly be a candidate at strongside linebacker for some teams. This position versatility, his production over four seasons starting, and excellent size make Reddick a likely late second to early third day candidate.

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/team/roster/Kevin-Reddick/211918e9-d746-4da0-8f01-321f1cf72e74

Signed as a free agent following the 2013 draft out of the University of North Carolina, Reddick proved his worth with his inspired play on special teams, where he led the club with 13 tackles and added one forced fumble. His energetic nature also carried over to the defense, where he made two stops.

Alan

Legend
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ting-report-nfl-outlook-for-north-carolina-lb
Kevin Reddick Scouting Report: NFL Outlook for North Carolina LB

By Sigmund Bloom, NFL Draft Lead Writer Apr 19, 2013

NFL in recent years. Where does Reddick fit in the pros?

Strengths

Reddick is a multifaceted talent with middle linebacker and pass rushing proficiency. He almost never leaves the field and looks equally comfortable whether he's in the opponent's backfield or dropping into coverage. Reddick is a finisher when he has a quarterback in his sights and he is very good at knifing through gaps and disrupting running plays.

Matt Miller Breaks Down Kevin Reddick

Weaknesses

You won't see Reddick take on a blocker very often. He prefers to run around blocks and is often results in his being out of position when the play comes his way. Reddick is somewhat tentative in his movements and will bite on fakes or otherwise overreact to developments in the play. He's not physical and not difficult to knock off of his path when he is defending the run. In general, Reddick's play lacks edge and urgency. He has trouble sticking to receivers, and his instincts on reads often let him down, taking him away from the action.

Tools

Reddick has average size at 6'1", 243 pounds. His 4.72 40 is also adequate, but not a plus. He looks even slower on film. Reddick isn't a quick-twitch player, but he occasionally flashes explosive change-of-direction skills. He does have a closing burst, especially as a pass-rusher.

Intangibles/Character

He has been a starter from the middle of his freshman year on, and Reddick was also named a team captain twice during his time at Chapel Hill. His effort and instincts can be hit-and-miss, and Reddick is not always around the ball. There are no off-the-field incidents or character issues on record regarding Reddick.

System

Reddick played MLB in the Tar Heels' 4-3 defense, but he lined up shaded to the weak or strong-side at different times. He would also line up at defensive end occasionally on passing downs, sometimes with his hand up, and sometimes with his hand down.

Reddick can spring up to make a play when the ball is overhead

Pass Coverage

While he can drop into coverage and track players that come through his zone, Reddick rarely makes plays against the pass. He does have the athleticism to make plays when he is in position, but his lack of smooth movement and overreactions make him easy to shake. The quarterback's eyes can move Reddick out of place, and his instincts seem to be wrong as often or more often than they are right. He occupies his zone more than he covers it, and Reddick looks unfit to play man coverage in the pros.

Pass Rush

This is the strongest part of Reddick's game. He dips, bends and turns the corner better than many defensive end prospects. Reddick is also effective on stunts, and when he gets a bead on the quarterback, he usually brings them down. Reddick also times his blitzes well, both inside and outside, and he usually generates some pressure any time he is freed to rush the passer. Unfortunately, Reddick's lack of length may keep him from getting to edge rush often in the NFL.

Against the Run

At his best against the run, Reddick can mirror a back in the hole

Reddick exhibits the ability to flow with the play and shoot gaps to affect the runner. He is no match for offensive linemen who get to the second level, and Reddick usually will try to avoid blockers instead of taking them on. Reddick will make some clean-up plays when his motor runs warm, but that is only after his initial attack takes him out of the play. In general, Reddick is not stout nor a difference-maker on running plays.

Read and React

While he does flow well and put himself where he wants to be on many plays, Reddick has trouble finding the ball, and usually does not realize that he has been misdirected until it is too late. He sometimes has explosive change of direction to mirror a running play, but in general, Reddick reacts to too many things. He is indecisive, which in turn forces him to constantly react to every stimulus in his area. Reddick's reads take him out of too many plays.

Tackling

Reddick is a solid form tackler, with the upper body strength to rarely let his quarry out of his grasp. He can bring down quarterbacks with force and he is good at tripping up backs as they come through the line. More than anything about his tackling form, what stands out about Reddick on film is how rarely he is in position to make a tackle.

Scheme Versatility/Future Role

Reddick turns the corner like a natural pass rusher

Teams may want to use Reddick on special teams coverage units at first, and maybe as a situational pass rusher, but his body type is not ideal for rushing the edge in the NFL. He is a good enough athlete to push to start, but he needs more physicality and better instincts if he is going to get there.
There are many videos of him in action if you go to the link.

PhxRam

@A320driver one of your posts has already been removed by members, are we going to have to delete ALL of them?

That kind of post may have flown in other forums but not here.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
@Ramsey
@Dieter the Brock
http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/kevin-reddick?id=2539271
LB27
KEVIN REDDICK
ILB NORTH CAROLINA
2539271.jpg

GRADE

• 4.72 SEC
  • 23 REPS
  • 113.0 INCH
  • 6'1"HEIGHT
  • 32 1/4"ARM LENGTH
  • 243LBS.WEIGHT
  • 9 3/4"HANDS
OVERVIEW
Everyone knows the trials and tribulations that the North Carolina football program has faced over the past couple of seasons, but Reddick’s suffered his own personal setbacks while in Chapel Hill. He played a season at Hargrave Military Academy after his qualifying ACT score caused a red flag from the NCAA (he failed to meet the required mark on his re-take). Reddick then enrolled at Chapel Hill in January 2009, but missed most of spring practices with mononucleosis. As if that wasn’t enough, the North Carolina native lost his high school state championship ring and pictures of his young daughter in an apartment fire (started on the floor above) in July 2010.

Reddick has certainly proven himself when on the field, playing in every game and starting the final seven (45 tackles, 5.5 for loss) as a true freshman. He lined up in the middle for all 13 games in 2010, leading a very deep and talented team in tackles with 74, six for loss, and five pass breakups; he also returned an interception 22 yards for a touchdown against Virginia. Though he wasn’t fully healthy during 2011, missing one game and another start with an ankle sprain, the team captain still managed 74 tackles, six for loss. As a senior, Reddick’s role expanded greatly. He still played plenty of snaps at middle linebacker in the base defense, but North Carolina used him more extensively as a blitzer and put him on the edge more often (both as a stand-up linebacker and as a defensive end), very similarly to how Brandon Spikes’ role grew as a senior with the Florida Gators. He totaled 85 tackles, 18.5 tackles for loss, and 6.5 sacks while earning first-team All-Conference honors.

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS
Intelligent, hard-working defender who consistently fulfills his assignments. When at middle linebacker, he reads his keys, doesn’t freelance, hits his run fits, and doesn’t play outside of his abilities. Good vision to the ball, out-quicks approaching linemen, works his way through trash well, and has the upper body strength to wrap up running backs coming through the hole. Also takes out linemen with cut blocks to free up teammates to make the stop. Shows surprising dip and flexibility around the edge as a defensive end, and boxes well to force the ball back inside. Does not possess sideline to sideline range, but has a nice short area closing burst, coming downhill quickly on blitzing or seeing a lane to a running back. Breaks down quickly to grab elusive ballcarriers trying to cut against the grain. Can handle short areas in zone coverage over the middle against tight ends and crossers, and is capable of dropping into coverage even after showing blitz in the A-gaps before the snap.

WEAKNESSES
Height works against him at times; loses the leverage battle in the run game and struggles dealing with trash at his feet, being susceptible to cut blocks. Better reading his keys to beat blockers to their spot than taking them on and disengaging. Gets overaggressive shooting gaps and running himself upfield, allowing backs to find cutback lanes. Lacks elite recovery speed to catch ballcarriers if he false steps or is unable to get off a block. Must prove he has the stamina to play four quarters at a high level in the NFL. Phone booth player with average change-of-direction ability who will struggle in space. Although he played more on the edge as a senior, it’s unlikely that he has the length or athleticism to do so in the NFL.

NFL COMPARISON
Kevin Burnett

BOTTOM LINE
Reddick is yet another North Carolina defender with a somewhat turbulent career but possesses the size and athleticism NFL scouts covet in a prospect likely to be picked on the second day of the draft. The four-year starter presents some position versatility in the NFL. He could start in the middle in the NFL as a thumper for a 3-4 team, or, if he proves he has the athleticism, could possibly be a candidate at strongside linebacker for some teams. This position versatility, his production over four seasons starting, and excellent size make Reddick a likely late second to early third day candidate.

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/team/roster/Kevin-Reddick/211918e9-d746-4da0-8f01-321f1cf72e74

Signed as a free agent following the 2013 draft out of the University of North Carolina, Reddick proved his worth with his inspired play on special teams, where he led the club with 13 tackles and added one forced fumble. His energetic nature also carried over to the defense, where he made two stops.

Thanks Alan! Fun read. So his strength is rushing the passer...umm. Greg Williams!

Alan

Legend
Ramsey looking at one aspect:
Thanks Alan! Fun read. So his strength is rushing the passer...umm. Greg Williams!
Sounds more like Daren Bates Jr to me. Williams must have liked his ST play and talked him up though.